Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
How would you guys rate Waid and Soule?
Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
Waid is A while Soule is in the B range.
Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
Waid's first volume (the New York stuff) is top notch. A, easily. Right up there with Bendis and Bru for modern runs. His second volume (San Fran) starts with it's best story and just kind of stutters along from there. I'd give it a B- or even a C+. Overall, call it a B+.

Soule's highs are pretty high, but it's lows are LOW. And it's, as you might guess from my first sentence, inconsistent. I'd probably agree mr. kenway on a solid B. It's not as good as Waid's good stuff, but it's still really solid on the whole. My favorite couple arcs from Soule I'd put up against just about anything DD in the last 20 years, but he doesn't hold that level the whole run.
I would agree that Waid's first run is very good and with the exception of the Original Sin crossover (excellent 2-parter), the second run is pretty mediocre and weak at times, in particular the ending. I'm a fan of Soule's run, it's a slow burn at the beginning and then explodes. The last arc is a disappointment and may bring the whole run down for many. The ending really does matter.