Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved issue 3. If your following The Punisher series things are heating up all around. Cant wait to see Matt and Frank square off.
    Yes! Matt actually makes an appearance in the most recent issue of the Punisher and is expected to be more prominent in the next.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Loved it!
    A minor gripe, but I get annoyed when he's drawn with his Billy clubs on the right hip instead of the left.
    Yea I know how that is but I can honestly say I was so engaged with this issue I didn’t notice.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I'm sure the majority can find better examples, but my choice for Matt doing his lawyer-thing in the courtroom would be...

Daredevil #15.1
    Courtroom scenes are often not the most entertaining though one awesome exception is during Soule’s sorely under appreciated run where the proceedings are framed as a metaphorical fight between Matt and the opposing lawyer.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-15-2022 at 07:31 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, Charlie Cox recently said and I'm paraphrasing here but he hopes DD:BA showcases Matts lawyering skills. And I think that's great. I like that aspect of his character, because aside from being able to kick butt in the streets, he's a good lawyer as well. Do the comics show Matt in the courtroom/as a lawyer as well?
    It's come up several times, at least in runs where the writer has an inclination to that sort of thing.

Extraordinary Member

I'm enjoying this new arc, but not as much as everything that led up to Devil's Reign, tbh (which I also enjoyed, but also not as much). I really like how Zdarksky's addressing how the wealthy pretty much have their way with the legislative system, but am really sick of the Stromyns. I get that a lot of villains are just straight up evil remorseless bastards, but when they come off as spoiled brats I just find them irritating. I do like, though, that Luke now has foes that he can't just punch (although they really deserve it. Way more than most. I practically cheered when Fisk broke the brother's arm and smiled when he was still in a cast). I'm really liking his run as mayor so far (from what little of it we've seen).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Courtroom scenes are often not the most entertaining though one awesome exception is during Soule’s sorely under appreciated run where the proceedings are framed as a metaphorical fight between Matt and the opposing lawyer.
    Completely understandable, and thanks for the recommendation.

On that note, my next choice is an all-time classic from Daredevil #7
    (all things considered, Matt was successful in getting Namor his day in court.
    The trial would surely have continued, had the judge not postponed it until a week later):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-15-2022 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

BANNED

Issue 3 was really good. I need to catch up with the Punisher book

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable, and thanks for the recommendation.

On that note, my next choice is an all-time classic from Daredevil #7
    (all things considered, Matt was successful in getting Namor his day in court.
    The trial would surely have continued, had the judge not postponed it until a week later):
    Yeah...2 cops gonna hold Namor back.

Phenomenal cover!

DAREDEVIL #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    DEMONIZED VARIANT COVER BY KENDRICK “kunkka” LIM • VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    In the most shocking issue of Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s landmark DAREDEVIL epic yet, Elektra finds herself at the center of an international incident that threatens to put her, Matt Murdock and everything they hold dear on a collision course with the Avengers – after which, things may never be the same!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved issue 3. If your following The Punisher series things are heating up all around. Cant wait to see Matt and Frank square off.
    Loved DD#3. So much is piling onto Matt's plate these days. Very curious where some of this stuff is headed.

That said, there is no power in this or any other universe that will ever make me buy or read a Punisher comic. If this goes crossover I'm skipping any chapter in Castle's book. Period.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Loved DD#3. So much is piling onto Matt's plate these days. Very curious where some of this stuff is headed.

That said, there is no power in this or any other universe that will ever make me buy or read a Punisher comic. If this goes crossover I'm skipping any chapter in Castle's book. Period.
    Can I ask why? No judgement, either way. TBH, I have my reservations about the character sometimes, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Phenomenal cover!

DAREDEVIL #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    DEMONIZED VARIANT COVER BY KENDRICK “kunkka” LIM • VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    In the most shocking issue of Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s landmark DAREDEVIL epic yet, Elektra finds herself at the center of an international incident that threatens to put her, Matt Murdock and everything they hold dear on a collision course with the Avengers – after which, things may never be the same!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Wouldnt care less about Avengers. I hope Elektra kills one of them possibly Tony

Incredible Member

Wheres the yellow?The suit looks red to me with the lights coming off of it.

I lost interest in Born Again once I heard it wasn't connected to the Netflix stuff. So I'll just wait till a trailer comes out.

With issue 3 I'm glad to see Cole come back.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Random question but has the extent of Matt's blindness been ever discussed or confirmed? Is his blindness as good as having no eyes or being permanently closed, or does he have blurry or blocked vision like most blind people do?