Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 682
  1. #136
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah maybe; nevertheless, this crossover is one of the more recent ones that I am really stoked about I'm glad that Marvel allowed a street level crossover.

    I feel like we haven't had one in a very long time, I guess Zdarsky has the clout to make it happen.

    *I just wish we had Peter be involved as opposed to Ben* I love Pete & Matt together
    Seconded

    Really hope Devil's Reign Omega has Peter and after that Peter Matt interacting is a consistent thing.

  2. #137
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Seconded

    Really hope Devil's Reign Omega has Peter and after that Peter Matt interacting is a consistent thing.
    I recently finished Bendis' run and I loved how much Pete tried to go to bat for Matt when he was outed.

    Specifically when he was at the Bugle and straight up lied to JJJ in a meeting that he had not business being at because he wasn't even working at the Bugle then.

    I thought it was so funny and endearing at the same time.

    I would love a Spidey & Daredevil book like how Spidey & Deadpool got one.


    PS: I really enjoyed Bendis' run but didn't like how it ended, I like contained runs and this felt like a direct tee up for Brubaker. If I didn't already read Brubaker's run I would have been disappointed with the ending; I suppose you can take it as Matt being locked up with his enemies is the logical end for him - but I wanted more closure. Next up I'll be reading End of Days by Bendis and see how that goes.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 01-23-2022 at 01:43 PM.

  3. #138
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It would love a Spidey & Daredevil book like how Spidey & Deadpool got one.
    If you don't mind the classics, then you're in luck. Between 2000-2002, Marvel Knights put out a mini-series & a one-shot with them teaming up...

    Daredevil/Spider-Man







    Spider-Man/Daredevil


  4. #139
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]If you don't mind the classics, then you're in luck. Between 2000-2002, Marvel Knights put out a mini-series & a one-shot with them teaming up
    I've read these, they were quite good!

    It showed a more humorous side of Matt especially when he sees Pete in action and commenting on Pete's laissez faire attitude towards crime fighting.

  5. #140
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]If you don't mind the classics, then you're in luck. Between 2000-2002, Marvel Knights put out a mini-series & a one-shot with them teaming up...
    All available in Marvel Knights: Dardevil: Unusual Suspect

  6. #141
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I am curious to see if they will collect the event in OHC/Omni format.
    Perhaps throw in the final 6 issues of DD along with the DR event to fill out the book, similar to the Shadowland Omni.

    Edit: I just saw that several places has the third OHC set for a july release, and it's supposed to contain up to issue 32, leaving only 4 issues until Devil's Reign. So if that's correct then they will probably throw those in with a DR OHC/Omni.
    I think it's a given that there will eventually be an OHC/Omnibus if the event. I would just prefer to see all of Zdarsky's run and the event in a couple of Omnibuses.

  7. #142
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wonder where they will collect Omega?
    I'm thinking the solicit was prepared before there was a decision to do an Omega issue and that Omega issue will be included in the TPB.

  8. #143
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    All available in Marvel Knights: Dardevil: Unusual Suspect
    This is exactly where I read it

  9. #144
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I recently finished Bendis' run and I loved how much Pete tried to go to bat for Matt when he was outed.

    Specifically when he was at the Bugle and straight up lied to JJJ in a meeting that he had not business being at because he wasn't even working at the Bugle then.

    I thought it was so funny and endearing at the same time.

    It would love a Spidey & Daredevil book like how Spidey & Deadpool got one.


    PS: I really enjoyed Bendis' run but didn't like how it ended, I like contained runs and this felt like a direct tee up for Brubaker. If I didn't already read Brubaker's run I would have been disappointed with the ending; I suppose you can take it as Matt being locked up with his enemies is the logical end for him - but I wanted more closure. Next up I'll be reading End of Days by Bendis and see how that goes.
    Yes please

  10. #145
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    As much as I like that Pete and Matt have each other’s backs I much prefer them separate in their own worlds. I don’t know if I’d like them together in a team up book. They each thrive best in deferent tones with DD being more grounded and Spider-Man being more outlandish and together I think they clash much like Batman and Superman. A guest spot here and there is not only fine it’s welcome like has been the case with Zdarskys run but I’m not one much for a team up book at all. This goes for most other Marvel heroes too. That’s not say that if there was a Spidey/DD comic I wouldn’t give it a chance, however.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-23-2022 at 05:56 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

  11. #146
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    As much as I like that Pete and Matt have each other’s backs I much prefer them separate in their own worlds. I don’t know if I’d like them together in a team up book. They each thrive best in deferent tones with DD being more grounded and Spider-Man being more outlandish and together I think they clash much like Batman and Superman. A guest spot here and there is not only fine it’s welcome like has been the case with Zdarskys run but I’m not one much for a team up book at all. This goes for most other Marvel heroes too. That’s not say that if there was a Spidey/DD comic I wouldn’t give it a chance, however.
    I think that's the fun of it, I mean how many times do I gotta see Matt's life implode because of Bullseye or Kingpin or The Hand.

    I think a title where both characters benefit would be amazing. Matt can chill out a little bit and see how Pete handles criminals and Pete can learn how to be a little bit more calculating from Matt.

    I love Daredevil being dark and brooding as the next guy, but how much dreariness can a reader take?

    It would be amazing to see a lighter side of Matt play off of Pete and learn to take wins.

    In an early arc in the Marvel Knights run Matt and Pete team up to save a girl and along the way Matt fails in certain respects and sees it as a loss then this exchange happens:




    This, I love!

    It shows a real community within the heroic family and great character growth.

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think that's the fun of it, I mean how many times do I gotta see Matt's life implode because of Bullseye or Kingpin or The Hand.

    I think a title where both characters benefit would be amazing. Matt can chill out a little bit and see how Pete handles criminals and Pete can learn how to be a little bit more calculating from Matt.

    I love Daredevil being dark and brooding as the next guy, but how much dreariness can a reader take?

    It would be amazing to see a lighter side of Matt play off of Pete and learn to take wins.

    In an early arc in the Marvel Knights run Matt and Pete team up to save a girl and along the way Matt fails in certain respects and sees it as a loss then this exchange happens:




    This, I love!

    It shows a real community within the heroic family and great character growth.
    They can be great together, yes. As a matter of fact, during Waid’s run they had a couple crossovers in more of the lighter tone you suggested and those stories were phenomenal. I like that they can be there for one another. But I have my doubts about a team up comic. As I said, though, I’d definitely give one a chance.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-23-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

  13. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    As much as I like that Pete and Matt have each other’s backs I much prefer them separate in their own worlds. I don’t know if I’d like them together in a team up book. They each thrive best in deferent tones with DD being more grounded and Spider-Man being more outlandish and together I think they clash much like Batman and Superman. A guest spot here and there is not only fine it’s welcome like has been the case with Zdarskys run but I’m not one much for a team up book at all. This goes for most other Marvel heroes too. That’s not say that if there was a Spidey/DD comic I wouldn’t give it a chance, however.
    QFT!!! Pete is fine but he blabs a LOT and it gets harder for me read to Daredevil in that lighter tone. Pretty sure Daredevil said it himself that he is mouthy and not his cup of tea
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  14. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    They can be great together, yes. As a matter of fact, during Waid’s run they had a couple crossovers in more of the lighter tone you suggest and they were phenomenal. I like that they can be there for one another. But I have my doubts about a team up comic. As I said, though, I’d definitely give one a chance.
    I remember in Punisher/Spider-Man teamup during this run he once admitted himself that he doesnt really like working with Spidey.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-23-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  15. #150

    Default

    I'd be down for Danny Rand joining Daredevil's supporting cast. Danny works more as an ensemble player than a lead to me. He could be a lighter foil for Matt to bounce off of like Raph and Mikey. .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •