Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1167
    Extraordinary Member

So far this is the first issue of the new series that has really grabbed me. Not that I didn't enjoy the previous issues, but this is the first one that anything really seemed to happen. And the fact Matt was able to so handily hand Walker his ass put a smile on my face.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Enjoyable issue. The story still gives me major Shadowland vibes. I did think the US Agent thing was going somewhere but the fact that it ended with DD victorious but Walker staying where he was made the whole thing unsatisfying.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I thought it was a good issue. I see where this is going a bit and why maybe because of the battle coming with Castle and the Hand.

Does anyone else read Stick using Scott Glenns voice? I sure do. Cant stop lol.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I thought it was a good issue. I see where this is going a bit and why maybe because of the battle coming with Castle and the Hand.

Does anyone else read Stick using Scott Glenns voice? I sure do. Cant stop lol.
    I started reading DD after the Netflix show so their voices pop up in when I read those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I started reading DD after the Netflix show so their voices pop up in when I read those characters.
    I have been reading DD for years before Netflix but Gelnn's voice just stuck with me. I love it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    So far this is the first issue of the new series that has really grabbed me. Not that I didn't enjoy the previous issues, but this is the first one that anything really seemed to happen. And the fact Matt was able to so handily hand Walker his ass put a smile on my face.
    Agreed bro. This was the first time where it felt like something got done. The Fist is coming together as a unit and more recruits are on the way. It felt like an epilogue to Devil's Reign. It would be good to see former members of Fisk's Thunderbolts as part of the group.

It was cool to see US Agent in this. Was it a comeuppance? John has been pretty humanized within the past year or so, after both Priest's mini series and his appearance in Devil's Reign. Still, the encounter was nice.

Is Matt giving off Shadowland vibes? Well, he isn't controlled by an evil demon in this storyline. He does seem to be guided by some higher belief though. Looking forward to his encounter with Castle.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed bro. This was the first time where it felt like something got done. The Fist is coming together as a unit and more recruits are on the way. It felt like an epilogue to Devil's Reign. It would be good to see former members of Fisk's Thunderbolts as part of the group.

It was cool to see US Agent in this. Was it a comeuppance? John has been pretty humanized within the past year or so, after both Priest's mini series and his appearance in Devil's Reign. Still, the encounter was nice.

Is Matt giving off Shadowland vibes? Well, he isn't controlled by an evil demon in this storyline. He does seem to be guided by some higher belief though. Looking forward to his encounter with Castle.
    Zdarsky's run is more of a spin on the pre-shadowland era. So Matt feels like a zealot but the inclusion of Samson, Foggy and Cole is a chance for him to learn from his mistakes.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I have been reading DD for years before Netflix but Gelnn's voice just stuck with me. I love it.
    I don't think my voice for Stick was ever dramatically different. Scott Glenn was just a really good casting decision.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fine issue today. Cool art. Not the most exciting issue but I didn’t dislike it.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Fine issue today. Cool art. Not the most exciting issue but I didn’t dislike it.
    Definitely enjoyed this issue. This and last issue are showing the potential of the new Daredevil storyline. I like seeing how Matt is trying to be this force for good, but coming up short. There is a larger story at play here of course, with Matt, Elektra, and the rest of the Fist catching the attention of the Avengers or appearing so-so in their stand against the Hand. Elektra vs. Iron Man was pretty cool.

What drew me the most however were the character moments. Daredevil in the kitchen (wow, just noticed the subtle shout out to Hell's Kitchen there) with Bullet was beautifully done. Matt tried to be the kind and compassionate leader, but Bullet sees right through this. Bullet called out Daredevil's ploys with a dose of reality. He's trading one prison for the next. What makes Daredevil so different? And Matt can't answer that. Plus, I never realized how much of a fan I'd be of Fancy Dan!

Finally, I like the artwork here. Daredevil's bearded look and body armor help Matt exude grizzled leadership. I could see him standing alone on a mountain top or leading an army of Fist soldiers.

I'm excited with what happens next issue. The confrontation with the Hand should be awesome.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Loved the issue. Especially the last page.

BANNED

Was a decent issue today. I hope it catches up with the pace which a seems a bit slow

I loved the moments with Bullet. I thought it had great character moments and continued to have the greater statements about Daredevil and the criminal justice system. But I also felt very confused and felt like I'm missing stuff. It's clear I should be reading Punisher, at a minimum, to understand everything. Apparently Bullet appeared in Old Man Logan, which I missed. And, at the end, did Elektra kill the President of the United States or something? I wish that part was clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I loved the moments with Bullet. I thought it had great character moments and continued to have the greater statements about Daredevil and the criminal justice system. But I also felt very confused and felt like I'm missing stuff. It's clear I should be reading Punisher, at a minimum, to understand everything. Apparently Bullet appeared in Old Man Logan, which I missed. And, at the end, did Elektra kill the President of the United States or something? I wish that part was clearer.
    DD made an appearance in Punisher 7 to admonish and warn the Punisher about joining the Hand. Otherwise, there’s not much crossover at all. Perhaps not yet, at least. Punisher, as of the latest issue out last week, is very much telling its own story.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair