Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd be down for Danny Rand joining Daredevil's supporting cast. Danny works more as an ensemble player than a lead to me. He could be a lighter foil for Matt to bounce off of like Raph and Mikey. .
    Add Luke and Jessica and relaunch The Defenders with a suitable creative team. The show wasn’t good and neither was the comic that followed which was made worse with a rather abrupt end (though the art by Marquez throughout was spectacular), but I’m surprised there hasn’t been another attempt since then. I think this team has potential.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-23-2022 at 08:21 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It would be amazing to see a lighter side of Matt play off of Pete and learn to take wins.
    I know, right?! Probably not what you're looking for, but it reminded me of Daredevil #354 (XD)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think that's the fun of it, I mean how many times do I gotta see Matt's life implode because of Bullseye or Kingpin or The Hand.

I think a title where both characters benefit would be amazing. Matt can chill out a little bit and see how Pete handles criminals and Pete can learn how to be a little bit more calculating from Matt.

I love Daredevil being dark and brooding as the next guy, but how much dreariness can a reader take?

It would be amazing to see a lighter side of Matt play off of Pete and learn to take wins.

In an early arc in the Marvel Knights run Matt and Pete team up to save a girl and along the way Matt fails in certain respects and sees it as a loss then this exchange happens:

Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    QFT!!! Pete is fine but he blabs a LOT and it gets harder for me read to Daredevil in that lighter tone. Pretty sure Daredevil said it himself that he is mouthy and not his cup of tea
    That's BND Peter my guy, the most annoying version and hopefully one soon forgotten.

Also Matt has himself said he's never tell Spidey this but Spidey cracks him up a lot.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also Matt has himself said he's never tell Spidey this but Spidey cracks him up a lot.
    I totally forgot he had said this about Pete; which makes their relationship so much better

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yes please

That's BND Peter my guy, the most annoying version and hopefully one soon forgotten.

I didn't know that was the case because I don't know about the whole picture. I don't usually his books but Tobey made me like him a lot. One of my favorite CBM trilogies

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I think it's a given that there will eventually be an OHC/Omnibus if the event. I would just prefer to see all of Zdarsky's run and the event in a couple of Omnibuses.
    Yeah I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Add Luke and Jessica and relaunch The Defenders with a suitable creative team. The show wasn’t good and neither was the comic that followed which was made worse with a rather abrupt end (though the art by Marquez throughout was spectacular), but I’m surprised there hasn’t been another attempt since then. I think this team has potential.
    The show would've been better using a seperate group of villians. Using the Hand and Elektra just felt like DD 2.5 to me. Although Enemy of the State with Jessica Jones instead of Wolverine could've been interesting.

I still think Netflix Danny could've work as Matt's Robin/Nightwing. He needs the guidance.

For comics, I'd merge the two iterations. Have Dr. Strange recruit them for a mission or have them stumble upon a case that Strange/Hulk/Surfer/Namur are the person of interest in. It could be a team up comic or a versus.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-24-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I didn't know that was the case because I don't know about the whole picture. I don't usually his books but Tobey made me like him a lot. One of my favorite CBM trilogies
    Mine too. A great trilogy, even Spider-Man 3 gets better when rewatched . In fact Spider-Man 2 is my second favourite CBM. The Dark Knight Rises is my favourite.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-daredevil...s-summer-2022/

Daredevil gets relaunched after Devil's Reign. I'm hoping Zdarsky pays off that tease with the Fist. Having DD reform the Chaste is the last big threshold to cross for the character.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Daredevil gets relaunched after Devil's Reign. I'm hoping Zdarsky pays off that tease with the Fist. Having DD reform the Chaste is the last big threshold to cross for the character.
    I’m excited for sure but a bit disappointed that Elektra is not back to being herself. She’s her own person. The deadliest assassins alive and all that. She doesn’t need to imitate anyone else especially since it’s not as necessary now as it may or may not have been before and becomes all the more redundant. I think I dislike that more than so many who dislike Mike Murdock’s retcon.

Absolutely awesome cover too. Very reminiscent of issue 106 from volume 2.

Last edited by Nanashi; 01-25-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

The renumbering thing is annoying as hell, but as long as it's the same creative team I'll deal with it.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The renumbering thing is annoying as hell, but as long as it's the same creative team I'll deal with it.
    Agreed. This has been the best run since Brubaker's.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

It'll be good to see Daredevil "commandeer" The Chaste. I kind of feel they've been forgotten and I think they and Stick were pretty badly represented in the Netflix shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I’m excited for sure but a bit disappointed that Elektra is not back to being herself. She’s her own person. The deadliest assassins alive and all that. She doesn’t need to imitate anyone else especially since it’s not as necessary now as it may or may not have been before and becomes all the more redundant. I think I dislike that more than so many who dislike Mike Murdock’s retcon.

Absolutely awesome cover too. Very reminiscent of issue 106 from volume 2.

I'm inclined to agree with you although it may just be a phase for Elektra. She may very well be back to her lone warrior/assassin shenanigans after a year or so. Good to see Daredevil taking lone centre stage on the cover