“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Interesting. I don’t come across a lot of those who outright dislike his DD run with no reservations. May ask why?
    It's not quite with "no reservations," and my criticism should be familiar. In a vacuum, 1 to 25 was pretty good comic book writing, but 26 onwards was pretty bad. But it's not in a vacuum. Matt Murdock was unlikable for most of the run, so self-righteous and a mouthpiece for Zdarsky's white guilt and political opinions about the criminal justice system, and the overarching plan was to replace Matt with Elektra as Daredevil (another needless Marvel gender swap). I can't abide that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    It's not quite with "no reservations," and my criticism should be familiar. In a vacuum, 1 to 25 was pretty good comic book writing, but 26 onwards was pretty bad. But it's not in a vacuum. Matt Murdock was unlikable for most of the run, so self-righteous and a mouthpiece for Zdarsky's white guilt and political opinions about the criminal justice system, and the overarching plan was to replace Matt with Elektra as Daredevil (another needless Marvel gender swap). I can't abide that, lol.
    Understandable.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I wouldn’t say it’s a pointless gender swap. I know it’s such a sore subject for a lot of the comic fans but it’s a story point and I’m sure it’s meant to actually bring some change to the character of Elektra. The last time the character tried to “change” was back in the Rucka written series and then by the end of it, she reverted all the way back to the character she was before. I’d love to see her go back to going by just her name by the end of it, but having evolved and changed a little to try and explore new stories with. Matt still had the Daredevil mask on in prison and he is still wearing it now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've been very much enjoying all of Zdarsky's run from the get go...and especially Elektra's role currently.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I liked Zdarsky's run so far but it's in a sophomore slump with volume 7 and Devil's Reign to me.

I didn't mind Elektra being Daredevil at first. Originally I thought it was gonna be like John Walker's time as Cap. She was gonna fail as Daredevil and realize something about Matt. But unless DD's outfit becomes the Fist's uniform I'm not why sure she still is.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-05-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've been very much enjoying all of Zdarsky's run from the get go...and especially Elektra's role currently.
    I’ve enjoyed her a lot under Zdarskys pen. I don’t enjoy her so much pretending to be someone else.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-05-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I wouldn’t say it’s a pointless gender swap. I know it’s such a sore subject for a lot of the comic fans but it’s a story point and I’m sure it’s meant to actually bring some change to the character of Elektra. The last time the character tried to “change” was back in the Rucka written series and then by the end of it, she reverted all the way back to the character she was before. I’d love to see her go back to going by just her name by the end of it, but having evolved and changed a little to try and explore new stories with. Matt still had the Daredevil mask on in prison and he is still wearing it now.
    This is actually what I thought her Devil’s Reign tie in was going to do. By the last issue she even had to revert to her own methods to defeat Kraven and asserted herself as Elektra Natchios: Assassin. Then she goes and ruins it by then saying out of no where “I’m Daredevil”, and I’m thinking to myself, “No, you’re not.” Really good issue and series overall but that completely broke my immersion in the story. Too bad. I thought she was finally going to reclaim her own identity but solicits and other comics have already confirmed she’ll still be playing pretend for a while anyway.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-06-2022 at 02:20 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Despite my displeasure with Elektra as DD, I have to say her DD design by Checchetto is absolutely amazing. That cannot be denied.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-05-2022 at 05:24 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I read Woman Without Fear #3. Pretty good issue with very good art. spoilers:
    Nice how she took out Kraven. What's with Goldy? All part of the plan? Who's he working for? Is it just to get her on a killing spree? I immediately thought it would be Mike killed. I still think his whole life story needs to be taken out of Daredevil continuity.
    end of spoilers And yeah, it was spoiled, the moment she said she was Daredevil. She's not. She's Elektra.

Zdarsky writes Elektra's voice well, but she needs to go back to her own identity again. She doesn't need borrow Matt's, she is compelling enough on her own.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I read Woman Without Fear #3. Pretty good issue with very good art. spoilers:
    Nice how she took out Kraven. What's with Goldy? All part of the plan? Who's he working for? Is it just to get her on a killing spree? I immediately thought it would be Mike killed. I still think his whole life story needs to be taken out of Daredevil continuity.
    end of spoilers And yeah, it was spoiled, the moment she said she was Daredevil. She's not. She's Elektra.
    My first thought was that he’s working for the Hand and may be apart of Aka’s machinations. May be something else but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-06-2022 at 03:38 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

That's gorgeous, thanks for sharing