Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default The Twelve Days of Santa Doom - 2022

Back by Popular Demand!!! ( OK, maybe a couple of people in Latveria)

It's

Inspired By the Classic Tale "I'll Be Doom for Christmas" and the Twelve Days of Christmas song

This year will be a combination of something old, something new....because it's hard to think of all new stuff!

On the first day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

A Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

First seen in the Jonathan Hickman / Esad Ribic magnum opus Secret Wars series in issue #2, we see God Emperor Doom on his throne made from the World Tree with Sheriff Stephen Strange and the Emperor's Royal Consort in attendance as judgement as passed in a dispute between Captain Britain and Mister Sinister.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-12-2022 at 10:18 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Yay!! Count me among the elite number waiting this event! All Hail Doom!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks Reviresco! I hope I can find a good mix of old and new...there weren't as many Doom appearances as I'd like. But 2023 may be a good year with a new writer on the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks Reviresco! I hope I can find a good mix of old and new...there weren't as many Doom appearances as I'd like. But 2023 may be a good year with a new writer on the Fantastic Four.
    I'm sure you'll do your usual fabulous work. Been enjoying your very thorough year long celebration in the Doom Appreciation Thread also.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks again! I just hope we have better news in 2023 about when Doom will be appearing....or even mentioned...in the MCU.

On the second day of Christmas Santa Doom gave to me....

Two Doomy Bears

And a Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

Yes, the Doomy Bears are back but unfortunately we still can't find any Doomy Bears in the stores for Christmas. I blame the Grinch. Fortunatey, the Disney Plus site has the Superhero Squad series available for those who want to watch the Doomy Bear's debut in episode 14 "Tremble at the Might of MODOK".

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-13-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Doomy Bear!!! I love him so.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Doomy Bear!!! I love him so.

Thanks. I am so disappointed that Doomy Bears cannot be found in the RW

On the Third Day of Christmas Santa Doom gave to me
    Three Monster Minions

2 Doomy Bears
    And a Throne made of Asgard's World Tree

This wonderful image comes was painted by Esad Ribic and used for the cover of Thor #6 (2018), written by Jason Aaron. The cover is a bit deceiving because Doom is in his traditional armor. But this story takes place in some alternate future. This is pretty much the version of Doom that Aaron has used for the past couple of years...a version that is much more barbaric and one could say soulless. At least the cover of the comic was excellent. The featured monsters are Goom, Monstrom and Fin Fang Foom. They date back to the pre-superhero days of Marvel Comics back in the 1950s in the old Tales of Suspense and Strange Tales Comics
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-14-2022 at 05:47 PM.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Not to be a Grinch (the cool guys get to wear green) but aren't the twelve days after Christmas

But where is the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Not to be a Grinch (the cool guys get to wear green) but aren't the twelve days after Christmas
    I think in the US, as opposed to Europe, many of us are confused about the 12 Days of Christmas. The commercialization of the holiday, has us treating it as the countdown to Christmas Day. Kind of a shortened Advent Calendar.

But where is the fun in that?
    This too. LOL!

On the Third Day of Christmas Santa Doom gave to me
    Three Monster Minions

2 Doomy Bears
    And a Throne made of Asgard's World Tree

This wonderful image comes was painted by Esad Ribic and used for the cover of Thor #6 (2018), written by Jason Aaron. The cover is a bit deceiving because Doom is in his traditional armor. But this story takes place in some alternate future. This is pretty much the version of Doom that Aaron has used for the past couple of years...a version that is much more barbaric and one could say soulless. At least the cover of the comic was excellent. The featured monsters are Goom, Monstrom and Fin Fang Foom. They date back to the pre-superhero days of Marvel Comics back in the 1950s in the old Tales of Suspense and Strange Tales Comics
    Holy cow. What a great piece of art. I wish they had made this a poster. Gorgeous!

Also. Doom and his Kirby Monster Minions. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I think in the US, as opposed to Europe, many of us are confused about the 12 Days of Christmas. The commercialization of the holiday, has us treating it as the countdown to Christmas Day. Kind of a shortened Advent Calendar.
    I was vaguely aware of The Twelve Days tradition in Europe but to me it made more sense as a lead up to Christmas. For the purposes of this thread, it's better that way since I sort of merged the Santa Doom story with the Christmas Carol. And why post about Christmas after it's over?

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

I was vaguely aware of The Twelve Days tradition in Europe but to me it made more sense as a lead up to Christmas. For the purposes of this thread, it's better that way since I sort of merged the Santa Doom story with the Christmas Carol. And why post about Christmas after it's over?
    LoL if its over - for the stores you mean - partying all the way past New Year sounds pretty good to me. But carry on my friend I am enjoying.