Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Tim Sale (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Tim Sale (R.I.P.)

Love it. Perfect. Thanks.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Amazing Member

A big loss. Love his work on Daredevil: Yellow.

2.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I wasn't too impressed with Devils Reign: Omega. It gives me hope at the end that Kirsten and Matt might be together again when rereading her words at the funeral BUT it also may mean Mike may come back what with the stone. I just wish they would "clean" up the Mike situation and be rid of him. The majority of the issue is focused on Luke Cage which gives s taster of what may have been the Luke Cage Devil's Reign mini-series. I wonder if we will be seeing more of Joe and the Purple Children? Also, I've been reading through Savage Avengers and it would seem that Elektra was in an intimate relationship with Dr Strange at the same time as she was with Matt during Zdarsky's run. If so, this is pretty bad IMO.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Tim Sale (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by GemSaloon007 View Post
    A big loss. Love his work on Daredevil: Yellow.

2.jpg
    Just beautiful. He was one of my favorite artists in the superhero genre.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I wasn't too impressed with Devils Reign: Omega. It gives me hope at the end that Kirsten and Matt might be together again when rereading her words at the funeral BUT it also may mean Mike may come back what with the stone. I just wish they would "clean" up the Mike situation and be rid of him. The majority of the issue is focused on Luke Cage which gives s taster of what may have been the Luke Cage Devil's Reign mini-series. I wonder if we will be seeing more of Joe and the Purple Children? Also, I've been reading through Savage Avengers and it would seem that Elektra was in an intimate relationship with Dr Strange at the same time as she was with Matt during Zdarsky's run. If so, this is pretty bad IMO.
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked Mike - I hope Marvel will resurrect him one day.

Yeah, in one issue of the Savage Avengers, Stephen and Elektra were shown having sex - iirc, they were floating .
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 06-18-2022 at 05:41 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Apropos Elektra’s concurrent relationships, is that an assumption based on the publication dates of the issues wherein she was with Matt and Dr Strange, respectively, or was her relationship with Matt explicitly referenced in Savage Avengers while she was with Dr Strange? I don’t recall anything about her and Dr Strange in Daredevil.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, at this point in their history together, I'm pretty sure Matt knows that the last thing to do with Elektra is to try and control her. And considering what happened with Dakota while he was married to Milla, he's kinda the last one to talk.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly, at this point in their history together, I'm pretty sure Matt knows that the last thing to do with Elektra is to try and control her. And considering what happened with Dakota while he was married to Milla, he's kinda the last one to talk.
    I am sure it's more than just 'controlling' Elektra. There are continuity issues that will ask questions of ethical grounds of 'cheating' or values for Elektra itself. Which wasnt addressed in any of her last appearances. I am sure Elektra fans have questioned the nature of the relationship Elektra and Strange has because Strange is not her type.

Also Zdarsky should address this given what he has done earlier with Matt having some lovemaking with someone else's wife.
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-18-2022 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I am sure it's more than just 'controlling' Elektra. There are continuity issues that will ask questions of ethical grounds of 'cheating' or values for Elektra itself. Which wasnt addressed in any of her last appearances. I am sure Elektra fans have questioned the nature of the relationship Elektra and Strange has because Strange is not her type.

Also Zdarsky should address this given what he has done earlier with Matt having some lovemaking with someone else's wife.
    Ya I have a few questions on Elektra I would like answered but it is what it is at this point.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Elektra only slept with Strange because they were about to embark on a dangerous mission that was probably going to kill them. She just wanted to cross "sex with a sorcerer" off of her bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Elektra only slept with Strange because they were about to embark on a dangerous mission that was probably going to kill them. She just wanted to cross "sex with a sorcerer" off of her bucket list.
    LOL ya just cross him off the list. Thats great

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Now that is ELEKTRA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Now that is ELEKTRA!!!!!!!
    Yep. She’s best when she’s herself and not a mere derivative of someone else.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair