Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

So I finally finished reading Devils Reign #5 and what happened is pretty much what I expected to happen. The more I think about it, the more I realize that this event probably was better off being exclusive to just the Daredevil comics because honestly the best and main angle is between Matt and Fisk anyway. At any rate, I'm ready for the next chapter in Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    So I finally finished reading Devils Reign #5 and what happened is pretty much what I expected to happen. The more I think about it, the more I realize that this event probably was better off being exclusive to just the Daredevil comics because honestly the best and main angle is between Matt and Fisk anyway. At any rate, I'm ready for the next chapter in Daredevil.
    Yes! Everything else, to me, is an afterthought and I think was likely added as such.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-09-2022 at 08:31 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Co-signing tat this should have been a DD thing

At best make it a DD/Spider-man/Defenders thing w/ a focus on DD and street level

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

At best make it a DD/Spider-man/Defenders thing w/ a focus on DD and street level
    This would be preferable for sure.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-10-2022 at 07:18 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

The first issue of the new punisher series is not bad at all and has some beautiful art. Good start to the new series.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-10-2022 at 06:40 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Granted, we haven't seen much of DD doing DD stuff...It is a DD thing (especially now considering what occurred in DR 05).
    It's just that Fisk is Mayor of NYC and by extension his ploy to corrupt the elections would/should include the other NY heroes trying to thwart his plans.

Did we need Doc Ock and Villains Inc. running around doing crap? No. They really don't add much depth to the story.

Did it really need to be 6 issues long, with subsequent tie-ins and an "omega" tacked on? Absofuckinglutely not...but that's just Marvel trying too hard to make a quick buck, as per usual.
    And why I've pointedly stopped buying tie-ins ages ago sticking only to the Event in-hand (and only if it's already part of my pull-list) so to me DR does read like a typical DD event just with more "padding"/guest stars than normal.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-10-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Granted, we haven't seen much of DD doing DD stuff...It is a DD thing (especially now considering what occurred in DR 05).
    It's just that Fisk is Mayor of NYC and by extension his ploy to corrupt the elections would/should include the other NY heroes trying to thwart his plans.

Did we need Doc Ock and Villains Inc. running around doing crap? No. They really don't add much depth to the story.

Did it really need to be 6 issues long, with subsequent tie-ins and an "omega" tacked on? Absofuckinglutely not...but that's just Marvel trying too hard to make a quick buck, as per usual.
    And why I've pointedly stopped buying tie-ins ages ago sticking only to the Event in-hand (and only if it's already part of my pull-list) so to me DR does read like a typical DD event just with more "padding"/guest stars than normal.
    Outside of WWF, the only other tie-in issues I'm picking up is Villains-for-Hire (because I've always been curious about John Walker and equally curious about the motivations behind this version of the Thunderbolts), Winter Soldier (because this directly leads into the next Cap series), and X-Men (because I really just can't resist Phil Noto drawing Emma Frost, Elektra, and now Spider-Man). Admittedly, the only one out of the three that can even be seen as tangently connected is Villains, but I really wasn't disappointed with any of these reads.

I haven't seen any copies of the Moon Knight one around, but I'll probably give that a good flip through and make up my mind about that then.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Tie-ins can be interesting and entertaining as with WWF and the Emma one (from what I've read) but...I always have an issue with them being marketed as part of a larger event when they're more solo character development pieces that have almost nothing to do directly with the event unfolding.

As mileage varies, I suppose Emma fans are happy. Elektra fans are happy. Spidey fans are happy. but...are they reading the actual DD Event?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Tie-ins can be interesting and entertaining as with WWF and the Emma one (from what I've read) but...I always have an issue with them being marketed as part of a larger event when they're more solo character development pieces that have almost nothing to do directly with the event unfolding.

As mileage varies, I suppose Emma fans are happy. Elektra fans are happy. Spidey fans are happy. but...are they reading the actual DD Event?
    If they weren't already picking up DD, I wouldn't imagine. But either way, Marvel still managed to get another $12 out of at least a few readers out of this event (myself included).
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-10-2022 at 04:19 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Oh absolutely. That is the whole point of the tie-ins, after all.

Incredible Member

Well...Elektra will be happy...but still pissed.
    I know DD probably won't allow it but I do hope she kills Kingpin. After everything he's done in this event, he deserves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Has he done much? Nothing major has happened until this issue.
    He is the "conductor" behind everything that has happened by first capturing and using the Purple Man.
    So yes...he basically orchestrated and manipulated everything (with the possible exception of Doc Oc) to his own political ends which, as of this issue has gone far beyond holding political power.
    Isn't he just doing typical villain-in-an-event stuff? did you want norman osborn to die during dark reign?

Extraordinary Member

The Spidey tie-in was mid af

Spidey was good in the X-men tie-in though

I personally am, but a lot of X-fans are probably not checking out most of DR

Spectacular Member

DR 5: well, that's one way of getting rid of a superfluous character.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    DR 5: well, that's one way of getting rid of a superfluous character.
    Kingpins reaction to finding out he was wrong should be priceless.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair