Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

The Kingpin is one of my favorite villains in all of comics however even I hope we get a break from him in Chip's Daredevil 2.0.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Red Fist saga? So this involves Dani?
    The Fist is supposed to be a counter to the Hand much like the Chaste. Iron Fist is not involved.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    The Kingpin is one of my favorite villains in all of comics however even I hope we get a break from him in Chip's Daredevil 2.0.
    Absolutely.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Absolutely.
    Who would be a worthy opponent for ol' Horn Head in your opinions?

I would love it to be an actual "super villain" it's one of the reasons why I really enjoyed Smith's run because it was so out of left field.

But I don't know what villain would be a good fit, I think it would be fun to see Matt take on Green Goblin, Kraven The Hunter, or even Mystique

BANNED

The Fist is supposed to be a counter to the Hand much like the Chaste. Iron Fist is not involved.
    Oh ok. i still recall seeing a similar plot during Netflix Defenders.Where can I read more about this Fist?

I'm hoping he joins up. It's not like he does a whole lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I would love it to be an actual "super villain" it's one of the reasons why I really enjoyed Smith's run because it was so out of left field.

But I don't know what villain would be a good fit, I think it would be fun to see Matt take on Green Goblin, Kraven The Hunter, or even Mystique
    Giving him a rematch with Mister Fear would be a good start.
    Oh ok. i still recall seeing a similar plot during Netflix Defenders.Where can I read more about this Fist?
    Just this volume of DD.

Definitely, these would be My Top (3) Three choices...

Ultron

The Eel

Ikari
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-26-2022 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

The Fist is first mentioned in Daredevil 25 when Elektra visits Matt in prison to ask for his help. There hasn’t been much more info since then.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

BANNED

I would think Chip is a untalented hack through his devils reign issue. How the hell does chameleon infiltrate with daredevil not able to detect him? Where the hell does purple man get off calling his children's effort diluted when they are depicted more powerful than him? Where is Johnny's armor without which he can't even come near anyone as he is not only burning constantly but is cosmically empowered. Also his ending of random thug killing/injuring foggy just seems an attempt at a schlock ending and doesn't make me eager to read the next one as so far "Devils Reign" just seems a uninspired mess with no focus on adding something new to the oldest rivalry of comicdom. What a ripoff!
    Last edited by Wat; 01-27-2022 at 05:27 AM.

Absolute facts being spoken in the New Captain America Books thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Steve most certainly is Cap. He originated it. Everyone who followed afterwards either tried to maintain the symbol he built up or held it because Steve was either missing, dead or aged.

Daredevil is Matt Murdock. Peter is Spider-man. Logan is Wolverine. There are only a handful of characters where their identities are titles/mantle - Iron Fist, Nova, Captain Britain those are examples of titles/mantles that were designed to be shared around.

Steve made Captain America what it means. "Oh, the dude in the costume doesn't matter! It's the symbol!" How Steve carries himself in the role, who he is, that's why people in the Marvel Universe look up to him. Not because he is dressed up in the America flag.

They can BE a Captain America. But none apart from Steve will ever be THE Captain America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with those that state that Steve IS Captain America, everyone else is just a place holder. The story had been endlessly done, someone else steps into the mantle (to use the vernacular of the arguement), they do well or they do poorly, however, in the end of the day, everything that really matters about Captain America comes from Steve Rogers. It's the same with Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Black Panther, etc... These guys created those identities, with the values they represent. Sadly, I feel the same about Sam and the Falcon ID, and I feel sorry that Marvel seems insistent in trying to shoehorn him into Cap's boots, instead of just investing in making him a big name just as himself.

Peace
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-27-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member

Yeah. As much as I'm also enjoying Zdarsky's run, a little break from Fisk would be nice for awhile. I liked how in both Bendis and Brubaker's respective runs he was saved for the really big stories.

That would be fun. I'd still like it to be someone crime oriented. The first one's that come to mind - while not necessarily high profile, mind you - are the Night Shift, the supervillain team The Shroud used to lead to trick them into actually working as superhero vigilantes. Except this time, though, they'd actually be supervillains. I don't doubt for a second that Zdarsky could do wonders with a team like that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Absolutel facts being spoken in the New Captain America Books thread.
    Totally agree. I absolutely see this as a problem for creators to create new identities for characters which wasn't a big problem before with the likes of Robin or Nightwing. Even now we have Blind Spot or Red Robin. But the creators had a nak of photocopying characters and their designs EVERYWHERE instead of actually giving them their own identities.

Last edited by Nanashi; 01-27-2022 at 11:16 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Totally agree. I absolutely see this as a problem for creators to create new identities for characters which wasn't a big problem before with the likes of Robin or Nightwing. Even now we have Blind Spot or Red Robin. But the creators had a nak of photocopying characters and their designs EVERYWHERE instead of actually giving them their own identities.
    That's more because of sales and licensing fees rather than creativity.