Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    There are rumors that the Kingpin will be the main antagonist in Echo. It’s far too much to hope that they'll do a faithful adaptation and he won’t the egregious looney toons character they made him out to be Hawkeye, right?
    When has the MCU done a faithful adaptation? Everything they've done has been pretty loose so far. I don't see that changing especially if they are doing an Echo spinoff.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-31-2022 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    When has the MCU done a faithful adaptation? Everything they've done has been pretty loose so far. I don't see that changing especially if they are doing an Echo spinoff.
    There’s are liberties taken with adaptations, yes, and then there is whatever the f$&k that was supposed to be in Hawkeye.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

There’s are liberties taken with adaptations, yes, and then there is whatever the f$&k that was supposed to be in Hawkeye.
    So expect more liberties to be taken.Especially because Echo is gonna be the lead. She needs more to explore than her connections with Kingpin and DD.

Plus the MCU leans more towards comedy and being family friendly most of the time. But I'm hoping Kingpin is more like the 90s cartoon.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-31-2022 at 08:47 AM.

So expect more liberties to be taken. Especially because Echo is gonna be the lead. She needs more to explore than her connections with Kingpin and DD.
    By that logic they might as well create a new character for whatever that was in Hawkeye was as unrecognizable and astonishingly even worse than what they did in the Netflix show save for appearance. Apropos Echo, sure. It’s her show.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-31-2022 at 09:00 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just finished reading Devil's Reign #3. spoilers:
    I liked how Thing and Torch sprung Spidey Ben and that Otto is holding his own against Fisk. I find it hard to believe that Matt would go ahead with such a primitive plan of attacking Fisk, it just seems extremely amateurish. Also, Chameleon infiltrating the group as Tony Stark, please! Wouldn't Matt have picked up his heartbeat and behaviour? He knows Tony. I always have a problem with villains such as Chameleon or Emma Frost as they could basically win battles/wars/arguments by either pretending to be someone else or brainwashing/"mind warping" their adversaries. Also, if Chameleon was Otto's inside man, why wasn't Otto Ghost Rider informed of this in order not to blow his cover? These seemed like glaring loopholes to me.
    end of spoilers I kind of feel Zdarsky is phoning some of this in. There are some good moments and enjoyable enough but it seems a bit of a cheap thrill event. Nice art by Checchetto.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I liked how Thing and Torch sprung Spidey Ben and that Otto is holding his own against Fisk. I find it hard to believe that Matt would go ahead with such a primitive plan of attacking Fisk, it just seems extremely amateurish. Also, Chameleon infiltrating the group as Tony Stark, please! Wouldn't Matt have picked up his heartbeat and behaviour? He knows Tony. I always have a problem with villains such as Chameleon or Emma Frost as they could basically win battles/wars/arguments by either pretending to be someone else or brainwashing/"mind warping" their adversaries. Also, if Chameleon was Otto's inside man, why wasn't Otto Ghost Rider informed of this in order not to blow his cover? These seemed like glaring loopholes to me.
    end of spoilers I kind of feel Zdarsky is phoning some of this in. There are some good moments and enjoyable enough but it seems a bit of a cheap thrill event. Nice art by Checchetto.
    Yea I concur. Good points you made all around.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

That’s terrific art. Thanks for sharing. I really like this pic. I’ll keep on the lookout for more of their work.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-31-2022 at 10:40 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

There are rumors that the Kingpin will be the main antagonist in Echo. It’s far too much to hope that they'll do a faithful adaptation and he won’t the egregious looney toons character they made him out to be Hawkeye, right?
    At the rate they depicted Fisk on Hawkeye, they might as well had an anvil fall on his head.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah not feeling Matt on this one, Chameleon gets PIS powers so Spidey sense/ radar sense/ Avengers level security don't pick him up lol.

I wish it was a tighter knit story w/ Matt, Peter,Luke and Cap as the centre group playing off each other.Story feels like a repeat of a lot we got before, which chip pulled off well enough before but this isn't hitting the mark for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    At the rate they depicted Fisk on Hawkeye, they might as well had an anvil fall on his head.
    Sadly, that’s not far-fetched at all.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Last edited by Nanashi; 02-01-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I mean, they did establish here that Killgrave is currently influencing everyone across NYC, so it's entirely possible (even likely) that Fisk is having him target DD in a specific way. As for Tony, if Elektra can get past Matt's senses without the help of the kind of advanced tech at Stark's disposal, Chameleon should be able to utilizing it as well. Other than it's very basic functions, I'd imagine that that would be one of the first things Fisk would insist on Chameleon learning.
    end of spoilers

For the most part, though, while this isn't a strong as previous arcs, I'm still vastly enjoying this more than the last two runs.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 02-01-2022 at 09:25 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

So expect more liberties to be taken.Especially because Echo is gonna be the lead. She needs more to explore than her connections with Kingpin and DD.

Plus the MCU leans more towards comedy and being family friendly most of the time. But I'm hoping Kingpin is more like the 90s cartoon.
    I'm hoping they'll just build upon what was established in the Netflix show. It's clear with the Moon Knight trailer that the MCU is not only willing, but capable of going dark when necessary.

In any event, I'm really glad Feige realized what a character defining performance D'nofrio put in. It's a win for everybody.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah not feeling Matt on this one, Chameleon gets PIS powers so Spidey sense/ radar sense/ Avengers level security don't pick him up lol.

I wish it was a tighter knit story w/ Matt, Peter,Luke and Cap as the centre group playing off each other.Story feels like a repeat of a lot we got before, which chip pulled off well enough before but this isn't hitting the mark for me.
    Yes, they definitely could be better organised. I mean you've got two lawyers and two Avenger leaders (Cap & Luke), and that's the best plan they haveb attack and kidnap Fisk. Wow, fantastic.