Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    spoilers:
    I mean, they did establish here that Killgrave is currently influencing everyone across NYC, so it's entirely possible (even likely) that Fisk is having him target DD in a specific way. As for Tony, if Elektra can get past Matt's senses without the help of the kind of advanced tech at Stark's disposal, Chameleon should be able to utilizing it as well. Other than it's very basic functions, I'd imagine that that would be one of the first things Fisk would insist on Chameleon learning.
    end of spoilers

For the most part, though, while this isn't a strong as previous arcs, I'm still vastly enjoying this more than the last two runs.
    Yeah, but Fisk doesn't know about Daredevil's "radar powers". At which point did Matt not detect Elektra, I forget

The Man Without Fear by Zoe@desirecomics:

I'm hoping they'll just build upon what was established in the Netflix show. It's clear with the Moon Knight trailer that the MCU is not only willing, but capable of going dark when necessary.

In any event, I'm really glad Feige realized what a character defining performance D'nofrio put in. It's a win for everybody.
    I'm hoping they use other villians outside of Kingpin. I like Kingpin but he can get overplayed. I'd like them to do what Mark Waid did and try to revamp those goofy Silver age characters. It's also useful for crossover stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, but Fisk doesn't know about Daredevil's "radar powers". At which point did Matt not detect Elektra, I forget
    For the time being, all that's really been revealed is that Fisk doesn't know DD's real identity. Nothing's been mentioned about his powers. Also, it's entirely likely that even Stark's most standard armors have some sort advanced identity concealment and stealth tech. As for Elektra being able to get by Matt's senses, it was mentioned at the tail end of Bendis' run. Matt was wondering how Fisk was somehow able to get past his senses and Elektra explained that it was because of her and when she worked for him and attributed this to Stick's lessons of learning as much about your enemy as possible. Apparently that also applied to Matt.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 02-01-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping they use other villians outside of Kingpin. I like Kingpin but he can get overplayed. I'd like them to do what Mark Waid did and try to revamp those goofy Silver age characters. It's also useful for crossover stories.
    I agree to an extent. Tombstone would be interesting. Like I said, it would just be a shame to waste such a character defining performance from D'nofrio, though.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

i'm hoping they'll just build upon what was established in the netflix show. It's clear with the moon knight trailer that the mcu is not only willing, but capable of going dark when necessary.

In any event, i'm really glad feige realized what a character defining performance d'nofrio put in. It's a win for everybody.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    So what's it like to be about the only person who doesn't think D'nofrio makes the perfect Kingpin?

So what's it like to be about the only person who doesn't think D'nofrio makes the perfect Kingpin?
    Oh I strongly doubt that. And as I’ve said before, you can like that performance all you want but that isn’t the Kingpin.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-01-2022 at 10:59 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yes. This could be interesting.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I don't think he was the perfect Kingpin but I do think he was very good in Daredevil bar certain issues. I believe he did contribute to making the Daredevil series extremely good. Unfortunately, his appearance in Hawkeye (I quite liked the show) was a bit of a farce.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think he was the perfect Kingpin but I do think he was very good in Daredevil bar certain issues. I believe he did contribute to making the Daredevil series extremely good. Unfortunately, his appearance in Hawkeye (I quite liked the show) was a bit of a farce.
    I can understand how he wasn't to everyone's liking (lord knows I found the previous run by Soule almost entirely forgettable), but what I see most people complaining about is that fight with Kate, which (TBF) was won almost entirely out of luck and really isn't all that different of a fight you would see in the comics. I mean, remember when Wolverine admitted defeat to Squirrel Girl in New Avengers? Or when The Punisher passed out from a punch to the groin thrown by a ten-year-old girl in Runaways? People complain about comic book accuracy all the time, yet also complain when it happens.

The Man Without Fear by Zoe@desirecomics:

Daredevil gets the most spectacular depictions by the artists you find. Thanks as always for sharing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm hoping they'll just build upon what was established in the Netflix show. It's clear with the Moon Knight trailer that the MCU is not only willing, but capable of going dark when necessary.

In any event, I'm really glad Feige realized what a character defining performance D'nofrio put in. It's a win for everybody.
    I agree with you on both points. I've been a HUGE fan of D'Onofrio for many years and absolutely love him in everything he's been in.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Count me in as someone who doesn't love D'Onofrio's Kingpin either. It sounds like he is growling through every line and doesn't give much range otherwise. It lacks a lot of range... Ayelet Zurer is the highlight of the Fisk family in season 1 for me. Elodie Yung is a big highlight too for me in season 2. She lacks in Defenders though. I'd happily welcome them in the MCU though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I agree with you on both points. I've been a HUGE fan of D'Onofrio for many years and absolutely love him in everything he's been in.
    Yeah, even before there were talks of a show I always thought he would make a great Kingpin. So it absolutely blew my mind that they actually cast him and he legit lived up to every expectation I had. Even better, he gave us more than just a shallow, one-dimensional gangster/supervillain which would've been the obvious/easy/lazy approach. Instead, he gave us a nuanced and multi-diminsional Wilson Fisk and the character was all the better for it.