Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I agree to an extent. Tombstone would be interesting. Like I said, it would just be a shame to waste such a character defining performance from D'nofrio, though.
    Yeah, even before there were talks of a show I always thought he would make a great Kingpin. So it absolutely blew my mind that they actually cast him and he legit lived up to every expectation I had. Even better, he gave us more than just a shallow, one-dimensional gangster/supervillain which would've been the obvious/easy/lazy approach. Instead, he gave us a nuanced and multi-diminsional Wilson Fisk and the character was all the better for it.
    Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-01-2022 at 05:25 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

I can understand how he wasn't to everyone's liking (lord knows I found the previous run by Soule almost entirely forgettable), but what I see most people complaining about is that fight with Kate, which (TBF) was won almost entirely out of luck and really isn't all that different of a fight you would see in the comics. I mean, remember when Wolverine admitted defeat to Squirrel Girl in New Avengers? Or when The Punisher passed out from a punch to the groin thrown by a ten-year-old girl in Runaways? People complain about comic book accuracy all the time, yet also complain when it happens.
    Hawkeye was live action making an already embarrassing performance markedly worse when considering who he is supposed to be yet very clearly isn’t.

Apropos Soule’s run, it’s easily one of the best.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-02-2022 at 04:50 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

So what's it like to be about the only person who doesn't think D'nofrio makes the perfect Kingpin?
    I think the closest we had to the perfect Kingpin was from the 90's Spider-Man animated series. Vincent does a solid job but he has a tendency to make Fisk too emotional IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I think the closest we had to the perfect Kingpin was from the 90's Spider-Man animated series. Vincent does a solid job but he has a tendency to make Fisk too emotional IMO.
    Unequivocally.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-02-2022 at 05:29 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Issue 2 of Elektra’s Devils Reign tie in was all right. I’m enjoying it much more than the main Devils Reign series. Nothing particularly spectacular in issue 2 save for the art by De Latorre. I find the motive for the antagonist to be kind of weak and more of an inconvenient obstacle than who Elektra considers to be the worthwhile threat. And there are quite a few flashbacks throughout which may be why the issue kind felt like it was over just as it was getting started. On one puzzling note, she said that she’s capable of a feat that I find utterly unbelievable even for someone of her skill and prowess that it took me out of the story for a second to think to myself just how ridiculous that is even in a place like the MU. Otherwise, though, not bad and the art was awesome. This is definitely the best of everything that’s come of the entire Devil’s Reign event by far.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-03-2022 at 06:27 AM.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    That's what I think I like about him the best. So many characters similar to the Kingpin always play it so stoic. It's kind of tiresome, imho. I like the out of left field approach that was taken (I especially liked the empathy he showed the woman he wanted to take that painting back from in S3 and realizing that as big of a monster as he may be, he isn't that big of one). And I like that he only really gets violent when he loses his temper, when he's prone to make mistakes the most.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Thanks. So Tony’s in jail. I really want to see when they captured him and put him in there.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks. So Tony’s in jail. I really want to see when they captured him and put him in there.
    Probably around the same time Chameleon started to impersonate him.
    The Thunderbolts must have surprised him at his house before Fisk made his announcement.

That's what I think I like about him the best. So many characters similar to the Kingpin always play it so stoic. It's kind of tiresome, imho. I like the out of left field approach that was taken (I especially liked the empathy he showed the woman he wanted to take that painting back from in S3 and realizing that as big of a monster as he may be, he isn't that big of one). And I like that he only really gets violent when he loses his temper, when he's prone to make mistakes the most.
    I agree with this post.

It appears Elektra as Daredevil is continuing for some time to come. I wonder what the justification will be…or if there even will be one?

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/14...439172102?s=21
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

It appears Elektra as Daredevil is continuing for some time to come. I wonder what the justification will be…or if there even will be one?

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/14...439172102?s=21
    She and Matt are together so its a couple's thing.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She and Matt are together so its a couple's thng.
    That’s ridiculous. Elektra doesn’t need to be nor should she be a version of anyone else. Before the end of the previous volume her doing that served a purpose. Now? Not so much unless an explanation is given.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

That’s ridiculous. Elektra doesn’t need to be nor should she be a version of anyone else. Before the end of the previous volume her doing that served a purpose. Now? Not so much unless an explanation is given.
    Elektra wanted to form her own sect with Matt. So her being DD could be apart of it.