Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Elektra wanted to form her own sect with Matt. So her being DD could be apart of it.
    Her own sect?
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Her own sect?
    She wanted to reform the Chaste. Or as she calls it the Fist.

She wanted to reform the Chaste. Or as she calls it the Fist.
    She doesn’t need to be Daredevil to do that. She was only Daredevil to earn Matt’s trust and because Daredevil was Hells Kitchen’s protector. Now that she seems to have Matt’s trust and he’s out of jail, it makes no sense for her to continue being so. Not to mention that she doesn’t want to be Daredevil and uphold Matt’s morals because it hampers her lethality.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

She doesn’t need to be Daredevil to do that. She was only Daredevil to earn Matt’s trust and because Daredevil was Hells Kitchen’s protector. Now that she seems to have Matt’s trust and he’s out of jail, it makes no sense for her to continue being so. Not to mention that she doesn’t want to be Daredevil and uphold Matt’s morals because it hampers her lethality.
    To me, her goal in this run was to recruit him. Which is why she re-trained him and went along with his plan. That's still in affect and why she became DD's replacement. She wanted to prove she could be a better DD than Matt.

To me, her goal in this run was to recruit him. Which is why she re-trained him and went along with his plan. That's still in affect and why she became DD's replacement. She wanted to prove she could be a better DD than Matt.
    Yes, she wanted to him recruit him to eradicate the Hand. Remaining as Daredevil now that Matt trusts her is narratively unsound in addition to the redundancy of it all and stripping Elektra of her individuality. Where once she was distinguished as her own character she’s now nothing more than a version of someone else.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-04-2022 at 09:23 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

I thought this was obvious.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I thought this was obvious.
    You’re wrong. Not surprising, however.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Yes, she wanted to him recruit him to eradicate the Hand. Remaining as Daredevil now that Matt trusts her is narratively unsound in addition to the redundancy of it all and stripping Elektra of her individuality. Where once she was distinguished as her own character she’s now nothing more than a version of someone else.
    Matt trusts her but he isn't gonna start up the Chaste 2.0 yet. But I imagine Elektra staying Daredevil 2 is more of an editorial note than Zdarsky's goal.

Matt trusts her but he isn't gonna start up the Chaste 2.0 yet. But I imagine Elektra staying Daredevil 2 is more of an editorial note than Zdarsky's goal.
    Whether he will or won’t has yet to be addressed. And, yea, editorial interference doesn’t seem unlikely since Elektra being Daredevil now narratively makes no sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-04-2022 at 10:41 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Since the Daredevil relaunch has Matt and Elektra taking on the Hand will they find Frank still leading them? That may be interesting.

https://twitter.com/manwithoutfear/s...178262528?s=21
    https://twitter.com/manwithoutfear/s...870382080?s=21

Last edited by Nanashi; 02-04-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I've seen some people freak out over the Punisher's new logo but I honestly think they're missing the point which is this is supposed to be the Hand's Punisher. It's only a matter of time before the Punisher comes back with his classic skull logo but until then, I'm actually intrigued with this because it makes sense for the Hand to want a killing machine like the Punisher in their grip especially with Elektra coming for them.

I really hope we do get Daredevil taking on the Hand's Punisher.
    Last edited by Nero; 02-06-2022 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    That's what I think I like about him the best. So many characters similar to the Kingpin always play it so stoic. It's kind of tiresome, imho. I like the out of left field approach that was taken (I especially liked the empathy he showed the woman he wanted to take that painting back from in S3 and realizing that as big of a monster as he may be, he isn't that big of one). And I like that he only really gets violent when he loses his temper, when he's prone to make mistakes the most.
    To each his own. I do want to point out that I'm not advocating for Fisk to be one note, quite the contrary. Fisk should often be depicted as having layers to his characterization. I just think the Kingpin works best when he's more in control of himself than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I've seen some people freak out over the Punisher's new logo but I honestly think they're missing the point which is this is supposed to be the Hand's Punisher. It's only a matter of time before the Punisher comes back with his classic skull logo but until then, I'm actually intrigued with this because it makes sense for the Hand to want a killing machine like the Punisher in their grip especially with Elektra coming for them.

I really hope we do get Daredevil taking on the Hand's Punisher.
    Yes. Given that he’s joined the Hand the new skull design is clearly meant to be more demonic to denote his new affiliation, I think. Could there be more utterly asinine real world reasons for changing the logo? I don’t doubt it.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-06-2022 at 10:41 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    To each his own. I do want to point out that I'm not advocating for Fisk to be one note, quite the contrary. Fisk should often be depicted as having layers to his characterization. I just think the Kingpin works best when he's more in control of himself than not.
    My favorite Kingpin stories tend to be the one's where he's either spiraling or clawing his way back up tooth and nail to the top of NYC's criminal underworld. Bendis did this brilliantly when at the beginning of his run he had him taken out by some no name schmuck. His initial attempts to claw his way back when he had that schmuck killed and sicked Bullseye and Typhoid Mary on DD's life just as he was getting to know Milla Donovan and then later when he tried but failed to leverage some made up proof he had of DD's id had to be a couple of the brightest points during an already spectacular run. Brubaker did similarly during his. Matt actually being able to appeal to Fisk's humanity with the memory of Vanessa and later Fisk's breaking down at Vanessa's grave were absolutely moving moments to say the least and not something you would usually see in someone like him. Then later when The Hand destroyed the life he was trying to rebuild for himself outside of crime and the memories of Vanessa he was being haunted by were also fantastic bits of characterization.

Like what Fisk said about himself during Bendis's run, he had grown complacent. Complacent characters tend not to be the most compelling.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

- George Orwell

- Voltair