Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

I'm rereading volume 5, 6 and 7 over the weekend. It's a bit of a sophomore slump for Zdarsky.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm rereading volume 5, 6 and 7 over the weekend. It's a bit of a sophomore slump for Zdarsky.
    Hopefully he comes back strong with the next arc in June.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member

To each their own. This is the first run to really grab me since Brubaker all those years ago. Not that I don't like Soule or Waid (Soule's She-Hulk was great and really nothing needs to be said about Waid), but neither really provided what I find really compelling about Daredevil stories.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To each their own. This is the first run to really grab me since Brubaker all those years ago. Not that I don't like Soule or Waid (Soule's She-Hulk was great and really nothing needs to be said about Waid), but neither really provided what I find really compelling about Daredevil stories.
    I don't hate this run. I just liked the first 4 volumes more than the latter three. The weak link is the Bullseye confrontation in v7.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2022 at 04:31 PM.

May I ask for an example of this from Zdarksy’s run and how it was absent from the previous runs you mentioned?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-07-2022 at 06:47 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I have to agree that Soule's She-Hulk was very good and btw for Daredevil completists, Matt makes several appearances. I have to, however, slightly disagree regarding Soule's DD run, as I found it extremely compelling after its slow burn start.

I read the Spider-Woman #19 Devil's Reign tie-in. Nothing really to report and IMO not necessary to understand the rest of the event. It also leaves Jessica's now known identity unresolved as there won't be any more DR tie-ins for SW. I wonder if and how they will put that back in the box?

Daredevil by Mike McKone:

Daredevil by Michael J. Scully:

Spider-Man & Daredevil commission by Clay McCormaximum Overdrive@DeadMeatComic:

Incredible Member

I recieved my copy of Going Out West today, and I know a lot of people don't care much for the stories of that era (or anything pre-Miller actually) but you can't deny how good the art is.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I recieved my copy of Going Out West today, and I know a lot of people don't care much for the stories of that era (or anything pre-Miller actually) but you can't deny how good the art is.
    Yes, Gene Colan was very good and he had his own distinct style which gave Daredevil that little bit extra that other "run of the mill" runs didn't have. Don Heck did a few issues during the period covered in this Epic Collection but IIRC, his art came across very stiffish and static and seemed to be a step back from Colan's "flowing" style.

Extraordinary Member

I don't hate this run. I just liked the first 4 volumes more than the latter three. The weak link is the Bullseye confrontation in v7.
    I did think the multiple Bullseyes could've been done better. Although maybe it would've landed differently had Chechetto did the art chores on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I have to agree that Soule's She-Hulk was very good and btw for Daredevil completists, Matt makes several appearances. I have to, however, slightly disagree regarding Soule's DD run, as I found it extremely compelling after its slow burn start.
    I do remember those appearances. I liked them, but Matt in that tone I think should be used sparingly. As for Soule's DD, I did come to appreciate it more after Fisk became mayor (although even then it didn't nail the landing), but not much before that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.