Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How would you guys rate Waid and Soule?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Waid is A while Soule is in the B range.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Waid's first volume (the New York stuff) is top notch. A, easily. Right up there with Bendis and Bru for modern runs. His second volume (San Fran) starts with it's best story and just kind of stutters along from there. I'd give it a B- or even a C+. Overall, call it a B+.

Soule's highs are pretty high, but it's lows are LOW. And it's, as you might guess from my first sentence, inconsistent. I'd probably agree mr. kenway on a solid B. It's not as good as Waid's good stuff, but it's still really solid on the whole. My favorite couple arcs from Soule I'd put up against just about anything DD in the last 20 years, but he doesn't hold that level the whole run.
    I would agree that Waid's first run is very good and with the exception of the Original Sin crossover (excellent 2-parter), the second run is pretty mediocre and weak at times, in particular the ending. I'm a fan of Soule's run, it's a slow burn at the beginning and then explodes. The last arc is a disappointment and may bring the whole run down for many. The ending really does matter.

Soule's run is good but I have to reread it to get a better appraisal. He had a hard task following Waid's run. I think his run was stronger when it was about Blindspot than Matt. But Zdarsky is in the same boat with Cole North. It's a common occurrence for long running series. Our minds gravitate towards the new over the familiar.

Ironically if he was writing Iron Fist instead, he'd be the A-list of Iron Fist runs, even surpassing Immortal. But for DD he's a respectable B-list.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-10-2022 at 07:25 AM.

BANNED

Wasn't intrigued by Waid's run. I think I left it half through(Perhaps the Original Sin). I thought Soule's run has better highs than Waid. Especially his story with the Purple Children which was fantastic. I think it got pale with Mayor Murdock. I think it was the Hand story where they try to kill Fisk. Death of Daredevil was indolent and ineffectual towards any character development.
    I think its the same thing happening with Zdarsky's run. Especially with the Devil's Reign
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-10-2022 at 09:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I was just about to post about this! there is some sick art in there to be honest.
    Ok this looks good. Didn't know it had the same artist as the current run with DD. I guess I have some money for this to buy given there are no xbooks to read this week.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Ok this looks good. Didn't know it had the same artist as the current run with DD. I guess I have some money for this to buy given there are no xbooks to read this week.
    Well actually, this is drawn by Rafael De Latorre, and I can't remember seeing his name on the DD book. He's more than welcome to fill in for Marco in the future though.

Mighty Member

Does anyone know if Daredevil ever team-up with Moon Knight or not? I find the dynamic duo is quite underrated since both have in common for something including being a vigilante.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Does anyone know if Daredevil ever team-up with Moon Knight or not? I find the dynamic duo is quite underrated since both have in common for something including being a vigilante.
    I know the Ultimate versions did when they tried to take down Wilson Fisk.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

They teamed up back in the day in Moon Knight (1980) #13:

I have that comic. I remember picking it up as a kid due to the Daredevil appearance.

Moon Knight also had a 3-issue mini-series in the Daredevil/Shadowland event: Shadowland: Moon Knight #1-3. DD and MK don't actually team-up here but are rather enemies as DD is head of The Hand and "controlled" by the beast.

All of the four issues I've detailed above are included in the Shadowland: Moon Knight TPB/HC.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 01-11-2022 at 11:00 AM.

A personal favorite would be...

Marvel Team-Up Annual #4

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    A personal favorite would be...

Marvel Team-Up Annual #4

Good one! I forgot about that one. I have that issue also in my Spider-Man longbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Good one! I forgot about that one. I have that issue also in my Spider-Man longbox.
    Awesome! Truly an unsung classic (IMHO):

Incredible Member

Woman Without Fear was actually pretty good, and it was beautiful to look at!

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Woman Without Fear was actually pretty good, and it was beautiful to look at!
    Good to know! The preview was very promising.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Yeah, there are a couple of Flashbacks, so I don't know if it's much rehashing of previous stories, since my knowledge of Elektra is pretty limited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The art is really good and the story seems to have potential but it was kinda cliche I guess.