Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    It’ll likely be soon considering Matt and Elektra’s mission. So far, though, not so much.
    Can you give me a quick recap of what's going on?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Hmmmm not sure what to think here. I like it but is this what we will get in a upcoming show or series? That is whats interests me.

I just want to see the DD on the chest at some point. Thats all.

Very happy to see Cox voicing this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Can you give me a quick recap of what's going on?
    Sure. The Hand has recruited Frank to be their new leader. Apparently they’ve been watching him since childhood and through flashbacks it’s been retconned that Frank has always had a predisposition to violence. His wife has been resurrected but is completely unaware of that or anything else going on with the Hand. They’ve also teased that his kids may be resurrected soon. Frank and the Hand are currently in conflict with Ares and his apostles. In the most recent issue the Hand did something Frank is so dismayed by that it seems he may want to leave. There are two artists with one doing all the flashbacks and another doing current day. It’s a gorgeous comic if nothing else.

This video may also be of interest.

Last edited by Nanashi; 07-22-2022 at 09:26 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

BANNED

It's Jesus Saiz for Aaron's Punisher book. Of course it's gorgeous

BANNED

So the animation is bringing the black costume?noice

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

New series of Daredevil on Disney Plus is called Born Again and will have EIGHTEEN EPISODES FOR ITS FIRST SEASON?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    New series of Daredevil on Disney Plus is called Born Again and will have EIGHTEEN EPISODES FOR ITS FIRST SEASON?!
    More episodes does not automatically mean it will all be great content. It just means more time to fill. I would rather fewer episodes that delivered a great story than more episodes that just delivered more screen time.

BANNED

I have to say the only way MCU is pulling Born Again "again" without backstabbing themselves is calling this one off so it's definitely a different story and that could just be worse because it's Marvel using it to brand themselves to their sell their show

BANNED

He’s also in the new she hulk trailer at the end.

Those crazy mad men did it!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I have to say the only way MCU is pulling Born Again "again" without backstabbing themselves is calling this one off so it's definitely a different story and that could just be worse because it's Marvel using it to brand themselves to their sell their show
    I figure it’ll be a soft reboot of the Netflix series. Pick the stuff they liked and ignore what they didn’t like. Hopefully the tone will be similar though but they right some wrongs (The Hand, Bullseye gets a costume and Elektra isn’t dead).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Netflix shows' events only happened in broad strokes. They'll easily be able to explain it, the Netflix versions are simply alternate universe counterparts of the MCU versions of the heroes. That means that they can pick and choose what to keep and what to bin (and don't need to redo the origins), and whether or not to recast (with Daredevil they didn't recast, they kept Kingpin's actor too, but that doesn't mean the other Defenders won't be recast).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Yeah they can reboot a alternate timeline story for sure but how could they be jumping down into a Born Again story without any character development for all the characters involved in Born Again?
    The only way I am seeing this if they jump back to a point before Season 3 as a what if storyline.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Born Again refers to Matt having been snapped and now he is back?

I'd say season 1 at least happened as we saw, since that's the origin. But Defenders and anything in seasons 2 and 3 is up in the air.

Isn't Born Again named after a comic arc? Something to do with him being Catholic? Though the MCU could also use it as a reference to his resurrection after the Snap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman