Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I lost interest in Born Again once I heard it wasn't connected to the Netflix stuff. So I'll just wait till a trailer comes out.

With issue 3 I'm glad to see Cole come back.
    Not sure why anyone would have expected it to connect to the Netflix series

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved issue 3. If your following The Punisher series things are heating up all around. Cant wait to see Matt and Frank square off.
    Yeah, it will be def interesting!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Wouldnt care less about Avengers. I hope Elektra kills one of them possibly Tony
    Nah! Tony will be fine!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Random question but has the extent of Matt's blindness been ever discussed or confirmed? Is his blindness as good as having no eyes or being permanently closed, or does he have blurry or blocked vision like most blind people do?
    He's often written as fully blind with no ability to see at all.

Without giving away spoilers, I think DD's not gonna have a secret identity in the MCU. From what I've seen in the She-Hulk series thus far, I believe Matt will be known as Daredevil in future Marvel movies and shows. Which is something I WHOLEHEARTEDLY support. As I've said MANY times before, I think superhero secret identities are outdated for the 21st century, and I feel that Kevin Feige feels the same way too. I think Marvel Studios should continue with having 99% of their heroes and villains not making any distinctions between their "professional" and "civilian" lives. I was actually worried after NWH that Marvel would start bringing back secret identities in a big way, but after watching how Ms. Marvel discarded hers so quickly, I'm not worried anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Ms. Marvel has a secret id. She just shares it with her nearest and dearest. Spidey still does, too (thank god). As does Moon Knight. Like I've said earlier in re to this topic, if he is outed, I can completely see them going Bendis' route where he'll be denying it the whole way through. That made for a great story and I'd imagine an equally great tv show.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 09-25-2022 at 01:43 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Without giving away spoilers, I think DD's not gonna have a secret identity in the MCU. From what I've seen in the She-Hulk series thus far, I believe Matt will be known as Daredevil in future Marvel movies and shows. Which is something I WHOLEHEARTEDLY support. As I've said MANY times before, I think superhero secret identities are outdated for the 21st century, and I feel that Kevin Feige feels the same way too. I think Marvel Studios should continue with having 99% of their heroes and villains not making any distinctions between their "professional" and "civilian" lives. I was actually worried after NWH that Marvel would start bringing back secret identities in a big way, but after watching how Ms. Marvel discarded hers so quickly, I'm not worried anymore.
    Spider-Man: No Way Home literally ended with him getting his secret identity back. I don't think Feige hates the idea, just wants some to have one and others not to. I don't understand why it's such a hard concept to grasp. Especially with all the superpowers we see on screen.

Extraordinary Member

So far, Feige really hasn't changed any of the characters in re to their secret id. All the one's who had one prior to appearing in an MCU tv show or movie still had one when they appeared in the MCU and all the one's that didn't didn't. He never straight up gave one to one that didn't or take one away one that did (without returning it, that is).

I really don't see him changing that approach any time soon because so far it's working.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Ms. Marvel has a secret id. She just shares it with her nearest and dearest. Spidey still does, too (thank god). As does Moon Knight. Like I've said earlier in re to this topic, if he is outed, I can completely see them going Bendis' route where he'll be denying it the whole way through. That made for a great story and I'd imagine an equally great tv show.
    Yeah! That approach would be most judicious. If they're feeling venturesome, they could even consider Waid's route...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-26-2022 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So I have been catching up to Zdarsky's run and I have finally read Devil's Reign

Now I can start the new ongoing, dope.

Moon Knight's "identity" is a bit of a weird circumstance. The multiple personalities thing just muddies the waters and I'm not even sure if MK knows who HE actually is either. So secret identities might not apply there. I like how Kamala's family was pretty chill about who her alter ego was and got the "reveal" out of the way FAST. And I think it was a good move for her bully/friend to figure out who Kamala really was on her own. I'm pretty sure that Spidey's identity will eventually be revealed when Holland leaves the role. So I'm not really looking forward to going over the same story beats again.

Feige said no to the superhero guessing game early on, and I think that immediately distinguished the MCU from its other superhero franchise competitors and predecessors. We can mostly agree that it definitely enhanced the Infinity Saga. I don't think Feige hates secret identities, I just think he believes they're stale as storytelling devices. As I've said before, I like it when heroes (and villains) can lean on each other without hiding behind masks and helmets. I didn't read Bendis's work on Daredevil, but from what I've heard he's not particularly a big fan of secret identities either (and Feige seems to be relying heavily on comic books published between 2000-2020 for his movies and shows).

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Nah! Tony will be fine!
    Has Tony been in Daredevil?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Has Tony been in Daredevil?
    Not recently. But the cover and solicit for issue 6 suggests an appearance therein.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Not recently. But the cover and solicit for issue 6 suggests an appearance therein.
    Thanks for the help Nanashi!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Moon Knight's "identity" is a bit of a weird circumstance. The multiple personalities thing just muddies the waters and I'm not even sure if MK knows who HE actually is either. So secret identities might not apply there. I like how Kamala's family was pretty chill about who her alter ego was and got the "reveal" out of the way FAST. And I think it was a good move for her bully/friend to figure out who Kamala really was on her own. I'm pretty sure that Spidey's identity will eventually be revealed when Holland leaves the role. So I'm not really looking forward to going over the same story beats again.

Feige said no to the superhero guessing game early on, and I think that immediately distinguished the MCU from its other superhero franchise competitors and predecessors. We can mostly agree that it definitely enhanced the Infinity Saga. I don't think Feige hates secret identities, I just think he believes they're stale as storytelling devices. As I've said before, I like it when heroes (and villains) can lean on each other without hiding behind masks and helmets. I didn't read Bendis's work on Daredevil, but from what I've heard he's not particularly a big fan of secret identities either (and Feige seems to be relying heavily on comic books published between 2000-2020 for his movies and shows).
    I can see Holland's Spidey's ID being revealed in his last movie just as he's leaving, sure. But I really don't see it happening a minute before. When Holland leaves the role I'm pretty certain they're going to go with Miles Morales.

If Feige really does rely heavily on books published from 2000-2020, they're likely to put the genie back in the bottle if the do do a secret id reveal. That might actually be worth it if they go the Bendis route.