Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1267

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She can make a cape work .

Gray Morrow. One of the most underrated Zee artists.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Looking good above.

Cris Delara sketch.

ZatannaMagic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Looking good above.

Cris Delara sketch.

ZatannaMagic.jpg
    Cute and beautiful Zee .

Ram V's writing was so bad. The last thing I read was that Mister E issue. I love how Ram gave no explanation to why Zee would endanger the team by keeping UDM a secret.

Zee was terrible for the short time she was team leader.

I've said it on tumblr as well, Ram V is a good writer but his handling of Zatanna was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've said it on tumblr as well, Ram V is a good writer but his handling of Zatanna was terrible.
    Yeah, although he has the same issue that most modern writers have with Zatanna: She has to get the short end of the stick so that Constantine will always look good. I feel that it's basically an editorial mandate or something.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah. I think he's a good fit for the overall book but he never had Zee down.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Federeci drawing Zatanna and others. Guessing this is for Batman vs. Robin so she’ll be in her classic costume again in the mainline finally!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Federeci drawing Zatanna and others. Guessing this is for Batman vs. Robin so she’ll be in her classic costume again in the mainline finally!
    Finally! Even if it's for a one-off appearance, finally .

I missed something on this page when I read it the first time. The TEG PU instead of get up. It's a command that no matter what she can't disobey. She can't ask for 5 more minutes. The magic makes her want to do it. That's kinda creepy.

Also why did Zatara never tell Zee about his whole relationship with Constantine.

Tynion left so many questions unanswered. He left the book so abruptly. He should've been the one to write the conclusion to UDM not Ram V.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 10-02-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I missed something on this page when I read it the first time. The TEG PU instead of get up. It's a command that no matter what she can't disobey. She can't ask for 5 more minutes. The magic makes her want to do it. That's kinda creepy.

Also why did Zatara never tell Zee about his whole relationship with Constantine.

Tynion left so many questions unanswered. He left the book so abruptly. He should've been the one to write the conclusion to UDM not Ram V.
    Feels like another example of how much that run stripped her of her agency and turned her into a walking plot device.

It's Constantine so I'm assuming most of it is him lying.

Hope the return to her classic outfit also means a return to her classic characterization, power and agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, although he has the same issue that most modern writers have with Zatanna: She has to get the short end of the stick so that Constantine will always look good. I feel that it's basically an editorial mandate or something.
    Yeah, it's also the Superman/Batman in the Justice League thing.

Superman has to be toned down so he doesn't solve every problem in 2 micro seconds whilst Batman has to be leveled up so he won't fall behind the super humans.

The end result being that one character ends up looking incompetent and ineffective whilst the other character ends up looking like a Marty Stue.

Astonishing Member

Gray Morrow. One of the most underrated Zee artists.
    He's a fantastic artist. His 3-part Zatanna story that ran in Adventure Comics in the early 70s is my favorite Zatanna story.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    He's a fantastic artist. His 3-part Zatanna story that ran in Adventure Comics in the early 70s is my favorite Zatanna story.
    His style is sexy without being skeevy. His Zee is naturally beautiful.

I enjoyed his 3 part story in Adventure Comics. But imo, it's the 1985 Zatanna Special where his talent truly shines in.