Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

The vest give her more stylish look. The jacket with tails could enhance it. Totally agree that Zee is an extraordinary person and it's need to be shown in her outfit style and in battle too

Jo Cheol-hong

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jo Cheol-hong

Oh hey, the Future State look .

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to see her being a stage magician and finally having a life outside her protege's and her dad.

I was honestly expecting the Kryptonians' weakness to magic to be more relevant, but I guess the fact that the magic still effected them...
    I really liked Zatanna's own series where it played into her 'real life'. Personally, I think she is great in the 'small ball' or street level stories, magic or otherwise. Not because she can't do the cosmos stuff, but because she does it too easily when they pull out her full power set.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    I really liked Zatanna's own series where it played into her 'real life'. Personally, I think she is great in the 'small ball' or street level stories, magic or otherwise. Not because she can't do the cosmos stuff, but because she does it too easily when they pull out her full power set.
    I really wish we had gotten more of her personal life in her arc.

It's nice but could've been more creative 😕. Zee's a stage magician and these cover are painting her as some generic energy projecting hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    It's nice but could've been more creative ��. Zee's a stage magician and these cover are painting her as some generic energy projecting hero.
    Feels like they're trying to turn her into a female Constantine equivalent...maybe so it's easier to hook them up.

I don't have any complaints about the costume. It would have been good to see her in her classic outfit. I just wish it had more of her about it.

Sometimes even the classic costume looked bad on her. Like the Brain Bolland covers. Except for one or two, he drew her face with black lipstic and didn't even make the suit tight around the torso. Looked like one of those 3d model drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    It's nice but could've been more creative ��. Zee's a stage magician and these cover are painting her as some generic energy projecting hero.
    Plus, no fishnets. That's a deal breaker!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Jo Cheol-hong

The fishnet pattern at her jacket is a chef kiss. I like the bright hopeful feels of the background, it's a like reminder for Zee in her gloomy JLD adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Plus, no fishnets. That's a deal breaker!
    Same the fishnet is so iconic with her along with the top hat for me

Review of Batman: Urban Legends #11-16 'Bound to Our Wills':

Link

I also did a few other posts over the course of this week:

Zatanna & Dr Fate: Exploring her comic book interactions with the various Dr Fates.

Zatanna's Age: In which I explore how she aged in comics in relation to Dick Grayson.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Watch out for Meghan Fitzmartin. She's gonna write Zee in a backup for Dark Crisis Tie-in coming out in November. People are complaining about how she's writing heros out of character and ignoring things that have happened to better fit her narrative.

Also all the dead Justice leaguers have been given a Dark Crisis Tie in issue. Do you think they have planned something special for Zatanna since hers will be the last?
    Last edited by Edwin30; 06-23-2022 at 04:11 AM.

She writes the fanon version of characters. No clue what fanon Zatanna is like so how bad you find her work is gonna depend on that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Why is DC allowing her to do that though. Shouldn't editors make sure the characters don't feel like fan fiction versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why is DC allowing her to do that though. Shouldn't editors make sure the characters don't feel like fan fiction versions.
    Wouldn’t be the first time a writer has come on board and canonized their fan fiction. Johns did it. But the “why” is that DC’s sales kinda suck right now, so they’re letting the writers take big risks in case it makes the sales go up.