Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    It was on his website but he took it down. Labeled "The 50 Superheroes You Most Want to Have Sex With". It was brought up by websites like Bleeding cool and The Mary Sue.

I think The movie Doctor Strange nailed it on how to adapt a magical hero. Sentient cape for levitation, sling ring to open portal and lasso enemies, eye of Agimoto to reverse time once in the end. He mostly used items to do magic.
    Judging by overall statements on his overall comments, it's either a lighthearted statements or well some people surely gonna have issue with it. I also remember James Gunn does have more "carefree" talk back then, to which people pick some controversial ones to attack him. It's an old post surely now he gonna be careful to talk or saying something controversial with his new responsibility.

Back again to Zatanna, I think it's more about battle execution. No one could stop the writers and artists to portray Zee opponents to be very dangerous to her, You can potray Zee having a difficult time holding a big brute like Despero for example or making them destroying Zatanna magic shield and forcing her to executing a more mobile flanking maneuver. You can make the opponent forcing themselves out from Zatanna ice burst so Zatanna need to wear them down first.

For magical items, You have Justice League Action that showcasing her imbued stage Magician props like the exploding cards, smoke bombs, or using the handkerchief to avoiding enemy attacks. Heck we can redeploying Zatanna Atlantean staff and the homo magi talisman from Zatanna Come Together Miniseries.

For battle I think we do need more hard-won battle that Zee fough with sheer tenacity and ferocity. You know similiar like when Diana poisoning her eyes to fight Medusa. If anything it's time for letting Zatanna to be all out and use all of her power and potentials. Last I checked, the demons weren't protected by Geneva convention, so they can be a good practice for Zatanna fury
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 12-07-2022 at 01:58 AM.

I watched a very entertaining video that I think Zatanna original movie could take some lessons.

There are 3 interesting points regarding an origin movie presented there.

1. Personal Goal that could make Your character actively pushing the plot.
    I think Zatanna already has this with her Zatanna Search in which Zatanna saving her dad. It's really personal to Zee rather than Your usual saving the world in which the character usually only being passive and reactive to the villain threats. Young Justice also has this especially with deteriorating Giovanni condition as he become Dr. Fate host non stop. A personal goal to Zatanna plus with time limit she surely could be an active protagonist. Yet YJ fumbled it very hard with the execution in which Zatanna doesn't even know her motivation has caused uproar on Lord of Chaos and she only pushed around by Phantom Stranger rather than pushing herself to save her dad and not to mention the heroes basically ambushed rather than making a move first. It's just feel like Zatanna agency is robbed while her character being mutilated (saying it assassinated is too kind) is there.

2. Originality
    The video citing that Movie Dr. Fate just ended up like Dr. Strange plus with Iron Man helmet control albeit cooler. Character need a new fresh take that hasn't been seen by the masses if the character want to be more stand out and popular. Zatanna already has great gimmicks with her backward spell and You can give her enchanted Magician props like on JL Action to make her unique than Harry Potter wand magic, ritual magic or the basic pew-pew laser magic like You guys said here.

3. Engaging villain that stand on their own.
    Allura could be a good nemesis for Zatanna, although needs more insight and exploration on why she personally against the Zatara's just like John Venus said back then. A personal motivation or clash of idealism against Zee could flesh Allura more
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 12-08-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Scarlet Witch is getting a solo comic. If we want Zatanna in more stories, we need to support Scarlet Witch's title. If her series is a success, DC will give Zatanna a solo again.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch is getting a solo comic. If we want Zatanna in more stories, we need to support Scarlet Witch's title. If her series is a success, DC will give Zatanna a solo again.
    I disagree. Zatanna is only gonna get a solo if Batman doesn't get one of his twenty comics per month.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Nice try. Good effort. :P
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, I miss this show. Still hoping they let DC SHG to properly finish the second season. I want to see that Sindella pay off

No need to worry, I see some Zee fans supporting it

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

She looks stunning in her iconic look! It was missed .

So does he not do the fishnets until later or is that a separate part of the art process?

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Judging by overall statements on his overall comments, it's either a lighthearted statements or well some people surely gonna have issue with it. I also remember James Gunn does have more "carefree" talk back then, to which people pick some controversial ones to attack him. It's an old post surely now he gonna be careful to talk or saying something controversial with his new responsibility.

Back again to Zatanna, I think it's more about battle execution. No one could stop the writers and artists to portray Zee opponents to be very dangerous to her, You can potray Zee having a difficult time holding a big brute like Despero for example or making them destroying Zatanna magic shield and forcing her to executing a more mobile flanking maneuver. You can make the opponent forcing themselves out from Zatanna ice burst so Zatanna need to wear them down first.

For magical items, You have Justice League Action that showcasing her imbued stage Magician props like the exploding cards, smoke bombs, or using the handkerchief to avoiding enemy attacks. Heck we can redeploying Zatanna Atlantean staff and the homo magi talisman from Zatanna Come Together Miniseries.

For battle I think we do need more hard-won battle that Zee fough with sheer tenacity and ferocity. You know similiar like when Diana poisoning her eyes to fight Medusa. If anything it's time for letting Zatanna to be all out and use all of her power and potentials. Last I checked, the demons weren't protected by Geneva convention, so they can be a good practice for Zatanna fury
    Zatanna doesn't need to go crazy like Wanda and she will be better already. /sarcasm.

I want a Zatanna movie but I don't want her to be like Dini's. I want her to be like Tynion's JLD version with a better costume. I'd really like it if the Upside Down Man and the otherkind became Zatanna's villains. Do a horror movie.

I want a Zatanna movie but I don't want her to be like Dini's. I want her to be like Tynion's JLD version with a better costume. I'd really like it if the Upside Down Man and the otherkind became Zatanna's villains. Do a horror movie.
    I don't think Zatanna needs horror, or at least that to be the primary element. Feels like it misses the point of her style, sensibilities, and types of magic.

She's not Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Zatanna needs horror, or at least that to be the primary element. Feels like it misses the point of her style, sensibilities, and types of magic.

She's not Constantine.
    She's not Constantine but writers need to stop infantilizing her. Zatanna suffers a lot from this because of the way her magic works. Give her a challenge that she can't overcome with a simple spell. Horror will be best to portray characters like UDM who can give that kind of challenge.

If you want me to take magic seriously, don't give me bewitched cause that only works in a sitcom.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-12-2022 at 11:44 AM.

I would rather a Dini's or Morrison version for the live action. I think those two were the last writers that treated her with respect. Since new52 Zatanna has been reduced to be Constantine's useless girlfriend. Even Tynion made her depend of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would rather a Dini's or Morrison version for the live action. I think those two were the last writers that treated her with respect. Since new52 Zatanna has been reduced to be Constantine's useless girlfriend. Even Tynion made her depend of him.
    You are comparing solo stories to team stories. In team stories you'll always have a see-saw relation between characters in the team. There were times when everyone except Zatanna was useless. If Tynion had written a solo for Zatanna, I bet he would have done a better job than Dini and Morrison.