Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Welp they are both artists with creative use of their powers. It's funny when Kyle said this about Zatanna beforehand

What comic is this image from?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    What comic is this image from?
    Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run.

Man I'm tired of waiting for this movie. No casting news, no directors, no signs that they are even gonna do it after so long.
    It doesn't even feel right to ask for a movie.
    DC didn't bother pushing her in comics but now they want to give her a movie.
    Where are her solo comics?
    JLD is a team up book where she is barely in character.
    Either getting annoyed by Constantine or playing second fiddle to wonder woman.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 08-10-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Man I'm tired of waiting for this movie. No casting news, no directors, no signs that they are even gonna do it after so long.
    It doesn't even feel right to ask for a movie.
    DC didn't bother pushing her in comics but now they want to give her a movie.
    Where are her solo comics?
    JLD is a team up book where she is barely in character.
    Either getting annoyed by Constantine or playing second fiddle to wonder woman.
    Again Marvel put out Scarlet Witch in several films and only now we get Doctor Fate in Black Adam. They should have been done sonething with Zee.

She's gotten more love in original GN's and webtoons than she's gotten in the main universe at this point.

Media could go either way depending on what episode of YJ you watched.

I'm so sick of people who read the Wiki once and make a stupid youtube video.
    Even some writers are guilty of this but they have the power to make things cannon whether it makes any sense or not.

Here's what I think needs to be done.
    A single page comic strip or an animated short.

Zee pulls a rabbit out of a hat.
    Audience claps.
    One idiot stands up and yells - Hey! Aren't you that superhero who was on the news fighting alongside the Justice League? You trying to pass real magic as stage magic?
    Zatanna (sarcastically) - No. That's Zatanna the Superhero. I'm Zatanna the Stage Magician. She copied me. That's why we have the same name, face and clothes.
    Idiot - Okay. That makes sense.
    Audience laughs.

Make this go viral so people including writers never make this mistake again.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 08-12-2022 at 12:58 PM.

I'm so sick of people who read the Wiki once and make a stupid youtube video.
    Even some writers are guilty of this but they have the power to make things cannon whether it makes any sense or not.

Here's what I think needs to be done.
    A single page comic strip or an animated short.

Zee pulls a rabbit out of a hat.
    Audience claps.
    One idiot stands up and yells - Hey! Aren't you that superhero who was on the news fighting alongside the Justice League? You trying to pass real magic as stage magic?
    Zatanna (sarcastically) - No. That's Zatanna the Superhero. I'm Zatanna the Stage Magician. She copied me. That's why we have the same name, face and clothes.
    Idiot - Okay. That makes sense.
    Audience laughs.

Make this go viral so people including writers never make this mistake again.
    What kind of stupid youtube video?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What kind of stupid youtube video?
    A video where a guy said that Zee is a fraud who uses her powers to cheat people.
    I can see where he's coming from. A lot of writers have the same idea. They don't see the problem with it as long as it fits their narrative.

Like Tynion and chip zdarsky. They made zee hide her powers from the world so Batman can be trained by her in escape artistry. And then they have her do real magic on stage.
    Do they not realize that this will eventually be bad for her?

It all started because Dini had her appear on BTAS. It worked over their because the Zatara's weren't magical in that series.

If they want to make Zee use her powers on stage then Zee can't have a secret identity.

If you use common sense, you'll find that Zee can't disguise her powers as stage magic. She's a well known superhero who helps out the JL on a regular basis.

She has no secret identity. Also at this point it'll be really stupid to suddenly adopt a superhero name or start wearing a mask.

I even confronted Tynion IV and Ram V over this on two seperate Reddit AMAs. Despite me being the first few to post, they didn't answer my question.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 08-13-2022 at 12:51 AM.

I always assumed that since Zdarsky's story was a flashback, the public wasn't aware of her magical powers until later on.

If I had any say over it, I would say there are shows where she is contracted to not use her magical powers and shows where she is allowed to spice things up with a little magic.

I can see her fan base going:

"That was totally magic."

"Nah, that was a real stage trick. The buzz saw trick? Now that was magic."

"What? No way! That looked too real."

"It's true, I saw this YT video breaking it all down. She used stage tricks for the first part and real magic for the second part."

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Some of my recent posts on aboutzatanna blog:

RIP Alan Grant : I wrote a separate blog post about his Batman work. But I also found out he wrote Zee in an Elseworlds OGN called 'JLA: Riddle of the Beast' which I recommend checking out.

Meet Zatanna's Cousin: Zachary Zatara : In which I explore the history and appearances of Zachary Zatara from his origins in Kingdom Come to the Zatanna ongoing.

Also, I've been getting some anon hate recently:

5f1de46b877c33bfc0e94f1b477bee8d.jpg

merge_from_ofoct(1).jpg

This one is hilarious:

Capture2.JPG

I think it was a bot meant for me but it ended up messaging multiple people except me.

What's funny is that I don't even talk about John Constantine or JohnZee on Tumblr as much as I do on here. There are 90+ posts on aboutzatanna and only a handful of them talk about JohnZee. I've also criticized DickZee and YJ yet I've never gotten hate from the YJ or Chalant fans despite the fact that the YJ fandom on Tumblr is much bigger than the JLD fandom as evidenced by the fact that any artwork of DickZee than I post ends up getting the most likes out of any posts I have on there.

Anyway, I'm going to continue writing. I enjoy writing for it's own sake and I don't really care about fame (especially don't want to be Tumblr famous). I have a few handful of dedicated followers, some of whom use my writings as references for their fanfics and head canons which I think is really cool.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

A video where a guy said that Zee is a fraud who uses her powers to cheat people.
    I can see where he's coming from. A lot of writers have the same idea. They don't see the problem with it as long as it fits their narrative.

Like Tynion and chip zdarsky. They made zee hide her powers from the world so Batman can be trained by her in escape artistry. And then they have her do real magic on stage.
    Do they not realize that this will eventually be bad for her?

It all started because Dini had her appear on BTAS. It worked over their because the Zatara's weren't magical in that series.

If they want to make Zee use her powers on stage then Zee can't have a secret identity.

If you use common sense, you'll find that Zee can't disguise her powers as stage magic. She's a well known superhero who helps out the JL on a regular basis.

She has no secret identity. Also at this point it'll be really stupid to suddenly adopt a superhero name or start wearing a mask.

I even confronted Tynion IV and Ram V over this on two seperate Reddit AMAs. Despite me being the first few to post, they didn't answer my question.
    I mean, people pay for her to give them a show and she always delivers one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

RIP Alan Grant : I wrote a separate blog post about his Batman work. But I also found out he wrote Zee in an Elseworlds OGN called 'JLA: Riddle of the Beast' which I recommend checking out.

Meet Zatanna's Cousin: Zachary Zatara : In which I explore the history and appearances of Zachary Zatara from his origins in Kingdom Come to the Zatanna ongoing.

merge_from_ofoct(1).jpg

This one is hilarious:

Capture2.JPG

I think it was a bot meant for me but it ended up messaging multiple people except me.

What's funny is that I don't even talk about John Constantine or JohnZee on Tumblr as much as I do on here. There are 90+ posts on aboutzatanna and only a handful of them talk about JohnZee. I've also criticized DickZee and YJ yet I've never gotten hate from the YJ or Chalant fans despite the fact that the YJ fandom on Tumblr is much bigger than the JLD fandom as evidenced by the fact that any artwork of DickZee than I post ends up getting the most likes out of any posts I have on there.

Anyway, I'm going to continue writing. I enjoy writing for it's own sake and I don't really care about fame (especially don't want to be Tumblr famous). I have a few handful of dedicated followers, some of whom use my writings as references for their fanfics and head canons which I think is really cool.
    Keep at it, please .

merge_from_ofoct(1).jpg

This one is hilarious:

Capture2.JPG

I learn a lot about Kingdom Come thanks to that post xd. Zach as son from Tigress is pretty interesting. Wonder if the Zatara's still have relatives on Italy.

Welp Your Constantine posting honestly could give them more insight on how to make the pairing better. I see some of them actually want to see Zatanna got treated better when she with Constantine.

Great to know that You really love to writing wholeheartedly without being affected by outside thing out of Your control. I mean I can see the passion xd. I'm still on my stance that Your posts deserved to be viewed and thought processed by more people

merge_from_ofoct(1).jpg

This one is hilarious:

Capture2.JPG

Yeah I’ve had some weirdos in my asks too. I just delete and move on. I write because it’s fun and I like to have a place to collect my thoughts, if it ever gets too much or becomes a chore I’ll just drop it. Fervent shippers are nuts wherever you go.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Why does Constantine keep being paired with Zatanna?

I know its a recent thing, started around the New 52 but since then its a pretty omnipresent thing with Constantine constantly attached to Zatanna and appearing in everything she shows up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Why does Constantine keep being paired with Zatanna?

I know its a recent thing, started around the New 52 but since then its a pretty omnipresent thing with Constantine constantly attached to Zatanna and appearing in everything she shows up in.
    It's not new. Alan moore did it first. Then Neil Gaiman. Then Dini. Then New 52.
    It's just that Zee needs some of her own cast to grow as hero. Also Constantine keeps replacing Zatanna when the league needs magical assistance.
    Like injustice. John is not even a playable character but Tom Taylor has him leading the magical team in his comic. Where's Zatanna? She appears here and there in the back sometimes.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 08-14-2022 at 02:23 AM.