Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Zee and Meatpie from today's webtoon.
    spoilers:
    We also finally get a kiss between John and Zee (cue audible groaning from some in the audience).

I'm kind of curious how far into the story we're at now. Feels like we're heading towards the climax even if they can't quite get home yet.
    end of spoilers

Zee and Meatpie from today's webtoon.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/alUJBGEoAKs?feature=share
    I'm still curious if Meatpie have some secret agenda xd

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    We also finally get a kiss between John and Zee (cue audible groaning from some in the audience).

I'm kind of curious how far into the story we're at now. Feels like we're heading towards the climax even if they can't quite get home yet.
    end of spoilers
    Hmm John face at the end does imply an incoming storm.

Nevertheless Zee back on her stage Magician outfit with the blue vest, hoorah!
    Kinda reminds me of her time at McDuffie league at around 2010s

From some info, It's look like Zatanna along with Power Girl and Mary are gonna trying to retrieve magical items at The Tower of Fate
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 12-04-2022 at 01:59 AM.

Marguerite Sauvage from DC Bombshells tweeted she's doing a Lazarus Planet Powergirl story that will feature Zatanna in her classic costume.

Tweet- https://mobile.twitter.com/S_Marguer...64954391535626
    A man Sauvagedrawing Powergirl, Zatanna, and Mary Marvel looks awesome.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Nevertheless Zee back on her stage Magician outfit with the blue vest, hoorah!
    Kinda reminds me of her time at McDuffie league at around 2010s

From some info, It's look like Zatanna along with Power Girl and Mary are gonna trying to retrieve magical items at The Tower of Fate
    6 years of the JLD suit and her she's finally back to her iconic look .

Till now there aren't many good Zatanna stories. Just some moments here and there. Most of them from the cartoons.
    It would be nice if we got some solo stuff with JLD levels of danger.

Edit: There is one story which I think is perfect. The 12 page mini story in New Talent Showcase 2018.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-05-2022 at 12:44 PM.

I've given up hope for any good Zatanna comic to come out. I'm counting on James Gunn to probably announce her movie.

I read James Gunn's thought about Zee somewhere. He compared her to Doctor Strange. Where the MCU has him read up on ancient text and use unique hands signs & artifacts to do magic, Zee on the other hand just says what she wants backwards. Thus no stakes. That was his big criticism. He also didn't like her wearing tophats.

I agree with him. Scott Derrickson was really careful about what Strange can do with magic. That's probably why DS was so successful.

Gunn should hire Derrickson to write and direct Zatanna. He can introduce something new to Zee's ability to do magic.
    If the movie does good, it can open up gates for writers to write better comics about Zee. Right now I think comic writers are afraid to change her backward speech magic because it so fundamental to her character.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-06-2022 at 12:59 PM.

I've given up hope for any good Zatanna comic to come out. I'm counting on James Gunn to probably announce her movie.

I read James Gunn's thought about Zee somewhere. He compared her to Doctor Strange. Where the MCU has him read up on ancient text and use unique hands signs & artifacts to do magic, Zee on the other hand just says what she wants backwards. That was his big criticism. He also didn't like her wearing tophats.

I agree with him. Scott Derrickson was really careful about what Strange can do with magic. That's probaby why DS was so successful.
    Well, that automatically disqualifies him in my book.

And we've seen in actual comics how much work Zee had to put in to master her magic when training with her dad.

And we've seen in actual comics how much work Zee had to put in to master her magic when training with her dad.
    He was critisizing the what not the how. Backward speech magic is a broken concept. It originated a long time ago and it needs an update. It literally makes her Godlike. Therefore making it harder to have any challenge/stakes.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-06-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Agreed Zatanna should keep the old timey stage magician gimmick. not everything needs a modern spin

He was critisizing the what not the how. Backward speech magic is a broken concept. It originated a long time ago and it needs an update. It literally makes her Godlike. Therefore making it harder to have any challenge/stakes.
    I mean does it? if you think about it having to say things backwards makes her more limited than Doctor Strange who literally just waves his hand and does everything she can and faster too.

Same here. Zee’s look is unique and awesome. I hate it when she’s made to look like any other sorcerer/witch character. They can add a cape or something to make her look more superheroic but definitely keep the top hat and fishnets.

I mean, that's been her style of magic for years and across like every adaption. It's what sets her apart from other magic users.

The tophat part was said jokingly.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I mean does it? if you think about it having to say things backwards makes her more limited than Doctor Strange who literally just waves his hand and does everything she can and faster too.
    I disagree. Whether Doctor Strange can do a spell or not depends on whether he has learned it. This gives the writer enough of an excuse to make Stanger not solve every problem right then and there.

The writers for Zatanna have gag her every time cause they don't want readers to question "Has she tried talking backwards?"
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-06-2022 at 07:41 PM.

The tophat part was said jokingly.

I disagree. Whether Doctor Strange can do a spell or not depends on whether he has learned it. This gives the writer enough of an excuse to make Stanger not solve every problem right then and there.

The writers for Zatanna have gag her every time cause they don't want readers to question "Has she tried talking backwards?"
    I remember the discussion here about magic battery or energy and magic energy around the world. Zatanna use her backward magic because that way, she only need to pay few mana to transporting her intents rather than outright fully using her mana. Also with that Zee could use her arsenal of magic items or using low magic like magic laser or elemental magic without speaking. The writers could give the enemy some magical resistance to block Zatanna direct spell that affect their body so Zatanna could use indirect magic attack like moving boulders or fireballs. Also would like to see her more active or even mobile (aggressive even) rather then using freeze or other incapacitating spells.

I agree we do need to showcase Zatanna hypercompetentness again even if it's mean she more limited rather then just being plain powerful. Granted with typical magic threats, Zee does need to make her very powerful. Simply just give her more powerful enemies for her to overcome could work.

Also where does You get that James Gunn citation?

Ditto, for me Z's top hat is a signature part of her costume.

I don't expect her to be wearing it all the time, but it should be on hand and frequently visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I remember the discussion here about magic battery or energy and magic energy around the world. Zatanna use her backward magic because that way, she only need to pay few mana to transporting her intents rather than outright fully using her mana. Also with that Zee could use her arsenal of magic items or using low magic like magic laser or elemental magic without speaking. The writers could give the enemy some magical resistance to block Zatanna direct spell that affect their body so Zatanna could use indirect magic attack like moving boulders or fireballs. Also would like to see her more active or even mobile (aggressive even) rather then using freeze or other incapacitating spells.

I agree we do need to showcase Zatanna hypercompetentness again even if it's mean she more limited rather then just being plain powerful. Granted with typical magic threats, Zee does need to make her very powerful. Simply just give her more powerful enemies for her to overcome could work.

Also where does You get that James Gunn citation?
    It was on his website but he took it down. Labeled "The 50 Superheroes You Most Want to Have Sex With". It was brought up by websites like Bleeding cool and The Mary Sue.

I think The movie Doctor Strange nailed it on how to adapt a magical hero. Sentient cape for levitation, sling ring to open portal and lasso enemies, eye of Agimoto to reverse time once in the end. He mostly used items to do magic.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-07-2022 at 12:17 AM.