Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

And the one he designed for Constantine & The House of Horrors:

(Wish I could find a better pic of it. One where she isn't transformed into a demon.)
    I got you:

df4us7g-879bde91-a4d0-4a6c-a329-c4ed7c9238aa.jpg

How far do you think the new Zatanna movie is gonna lean into horror?

[QUOTE=John Venus;6050842]My current favorite Zatanna design is the one by Otto Schmidt for DC vs Vampires:

And the one he designed for Constantine & The House of Horrors:

Otto Schmidt does the designs for the Tomorrow-verse, I believe, so I'd like to see what he'd come up with for Zee there.
    (Wish I could find a better pic of it. One where she isn't transformed into a demon.)
    (And where she's actually wearing clothes...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    She actually kind of looks like a vampire here...although I like the "Z" on jacket.

(Also, thicc thighs save lives).

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I don't think Zatanna is famous enough to draw people out to the theaters. DC hasn't promoted her enough in the comics or the cartoons.

Leaning into horror might be advantageous. I hate to admit it but JLD did make her popular and a lot of people know her only through JLD.

Maybe they can get the upside down man and the otherkind and make a monster movie. I however want it to be somewhat related to stage magic and show business. Show a bit of her life and then move on to high level magics.

If they're are feeling really desperate they might just use some parts of Identity Crisis.
    Not the whole event. Just her power to mindwipe people and go into the reasons and consequences thereof.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-17-2022 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I don't think Zatanna is famous enough to draw people out to the theaters. DC hasn't promoted her enough in the comics or the cartoons.

Leaning into horror might be advantageous. I hate to admit it but JLD did make her popular and a lot of people know her only through JLD.

Maybe they can get the upside down man and the otherkind and make a monster movie. I however want it to be somewhat related to stage magic and show business. Show a bit of her life and then move on to high level magics.

If they're are feeling really desperate they might just use some parts of Identity Crisis.
    Not the whole event. Just her power to mindwipe people and go into the reasons and consequences thereof.
    Yeah unlike Marvel especially the MCU with their strong brand name and public trust, DC content with its non S Popular character must really fight with tooth and nail, hopefully a motivation to make a good written script. Thought DC seems pretty confident now with lesser known character. Hopefully Black Adam, Shazam 2, The Flash and other movies and series could build up DC brand name.

I think Upside Down Man would be a great series or movies final boss with it power scoop. Could slowly built up it reputation along JLD Series. I guess for Zatanna movie, Allura would work great. A very personal enemy to Zatanna with similiar power, maybe the writers can give her opposing view of Magic against Zatanna. Then link Allura with Upside Down Man to hook Zatanna with JLD.

For its worst, Identity Crisis give an incredible journey to Zatanna from being down, beating up herself to rise and making better of herself. I think its work good for basis of her second movie, like Tobey Spidey, when Peter is severely punished in all aspects of his life but he keep on moving forward.

Never knew Otto Schmidt is the one who design. Cool and classy design.

She's the daughter of a stage magician. Manipulating people is what she does for a living.

And lol @ the thought of Constantine being someone trustworthy enough to be left alone with kids.

I have heard that from other readers as well. That there are too many clashing elements in Roux's design. Interestingly he actually created an actual physical version of the costume to show Dini when he was working on the book.

I think it's because the design is meant to combine all her costumes into one. The cape being a references to her 70's look and the thigh highs being a reference to her Perez outfit.

As for the tails, I'm fine either way, with or without tails. I think tails make her stand out a bit more especially in group shots when artist make them longer so it looks like a cape when she is flying.
    I like her witty banter on these pages

Well, that's assuming it gets made in the first place.

I think it's too early throw in UDM or the Otherkind. It would be like when the 2011 GL movie introduced Parallax as the villain.

I think Zatanna should be a mini series with a mix of horror and comedy elements. Her world is dark but she isn't dark. The first season should be her searching for her father with a few guest heroes which could include characters like Batman and Wonder Woman whom Zatanna shows up to aid whilst searching for her father. Then at the end they all show up to help her save her father. The second season should be about her search for her mother and the third or the second half of the second season should be about her father's death and her attempts to regain her life and move on from that.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I got you:
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Never knew Otto Schmidt is the one who design. Cool and classy design.

I like her witty banter on these pages
    One of my favorite moments too.

Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful answer. I just think by diving into horror, Zatanna might reduce the audience size to come see her on-screen. Horror is still pretty niche these days. I think it would be GREAT if kids get to see her in live-action and horror sort of hinders that. But she DOES feel like a little bit of a horror character to me.

Well, that's assuming it gets made in the first place.

I think it's too early throw in UDM or the Otherkind. It would be like when the 2011 GL movie introduced Parallax as the villain.

I think Zatanna should be a mini series with a mix of horror and comedy elements. Her world is dark but she isn't dark. The first season should be her searching for her father with a few guest heroes which could include characters like Batman and Wonder Woman whom Zatanna shows up to aid whilst searching for her father. Then at the end they all show up to help her save her father. The second season should be about her search for her mother and the third or the second half of the second season should be about her father's death and her attempts to regain her life and move on from that.
    I know Emerald Fennell is a well-respected writer and director...BUT Zatanna to me is more of a TEAM PLAYER. A Justice League member. And the state of magic in the DCEU is just pathetic in my opinion. I have no idea what the rules are. I think her joining the Justice League FIRST on the big or small screen would be necessary to familiarize audiences with her.

Extraordinary Member

If they get the right actresse

Selena Gomez

I know Emerald Fennell is a well-respected writer and director...BUT Zatanna to me is more of a TEAM PLAYER. A Justice League member. And the state of magic in the DCEU is just pathetic in my opinion. I have no idea what the rules are. I think her joining the Justice League FIRST on the big or small screen would be necessary to familiarize audiences with her.
    IMO it would be better to just start fresh. DCEU is a convoluted mess right now. Start a universe comprised of magical beings and magic users big and small. Set up rules and laws of magic.

Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful answer. I just think by diving into horror, Zatanna might reduce the audience size to come see her on-screen. Horror is still pretty niche these days. I think it would be GREAT if kids get to see her in live-action and horror sort of hinders that. But she DOES feel like a little bit of a horror character to me.
    Horror brings a sense of seriousness to the story. Kinda forces the story to have stakes. I know people here really like Paul Dini's Zatanna but he was really harming Zee with his run. Making her do all sort of high level magic like casually stopping time, time travel, turning people to gold etc. She can do so because she said it backwards is stupid.
    If you wanna make people interested please have a cost to such things.

Tynion on the other hand did great by attaching her magic to the upside down world. Gave the explanation that she speaks backwards to hide from the otherkind. Showed that she actually trained to wield such power and not just learned to speak backwards. I know that even his writing isn't perfect but he atleast tried to set some rules, cost, consequences etc.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 05-18-2022 at 12:21 PM.

IMO it would be better to just start fresh. DCEU is a convoluted mess right now. Start a universe comprised of magical beings and magic users big and small. Set up rules and laws of magic.

Horror brings a sense of seriousness to the story. Kinda forces the story to have stakes. I know people here really like Paul Dini's Zatanna but he was really harming Zee with his run. Making her do all sort of high level magic like casually stopping time, time travel, turning people to gold etc. She can do so because she said it backwards is stupid.
    If you wanna make people interested please have a cost to such things.

Tynion on the other hand did great by attaching her magic to the upside down world. Gave the explanation that she speaks backwards to hide from the otherkind. Showed that she actually trained to wield such power and not just learned to speak backwards. I know that even his writing isn't perfect but he atleast tried to set some rules, cost, consequences etc.
    I appreciate Tynion's efforts to streamline magic at DC Comics. And I agree by making costs, rules, boundaries and consequences for magic use, it does make fantasy stories FAR more interesting. Horror raises stakes, but kids might get freaked out by gore and jump scares.

Don't think I'll ever get Schmit hype.

The closest we ever got to see a classification of magic in the DCU: