Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

I don't like the Dan Jurgens design for the upcoming comic but it's better than the JLD one. Can anyone name another character whose comic design is so drastically different from the way they are usually portrayed outside comics. Her classic costume is so iconic and distinct. Why not just make slight variations to it? Why do we get generic cape and leotard or worse street clothes? They have tried so many times but they still can't outdo her original classic design.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 08-06-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I don't like the Dan Jurgens design for the upcoming comic but it's better than the JLD one. Can anyone name another character whose comic design is so drastically different from the way they are usually portrayed outside comics. Her classic costume is so iconic and distinct. Why not just make slight variations to it? Why do we get generic cape and leotard or worse street clothes? They have tried so many times but they still can't outdo her original classic design.
    Has that design been fully revealed? I hadn't seen anything more of it.

Her old costume (especially the braid) is better drawn on the variant cover of the Dark Crisis but my first thought was that this was Cynthia Reynolds and not Zatanna and what's with the giant amulet?:

ezgif.com-gif-maker(4).jpg

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Her old costume (especially the braid) is better drawn on the variant cover of the Dark Crisis but my first thought was that this was Cynthia Reynolds and not Zatanna and what's with the giant amulet?:

She'd look more recognizable with the top hat.

Can't see it right now. Could you share it again please?

Check now.

DC Super Hero Girls concept art:

Yeah, JJ seems more invested in his own projects. At this stage even if his team does commit to a Zatanna movie it will probably end up being rushed.

I think for Zatanna a live action mini series would be best.

I also wouldn't mind if they gave her an animated movie akin to 'Beware My Power'. She shows up at the Watchtower and asks the League for help in searching for her father. Boom, there is your movie.
    Same, I really want to see Zatanna flourishing in animation first. Then perhaps big AAA adventure game like Bioshock Infinite or Bayonetta.

anyway Elsatanna by Samantha doodles

Agree, Her Stage Magician outfit is too iconic, people are always cosplaying or draw Zee in that gear. Her recent Dark Crisis outfit would be rocking in the 90s with the curly hair and extremely edgy stuff xd

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Same, I really want to see Zatanna flourishing in animation first. Then perhaps big AAA adventure game like Bioshock Infinite or Bayonetta.

This is just making me think of blonde Zee, which would be...something. But probably too different compared to the Webtoon or even DCHSG.
    Agree, Her Stage Magician outfit is too iconic, people are always cosplaying or draw Zee in that gear. Her recent Dark Crisis outfit would be rocking in the 90s with the curly hair and extremely edgy stuff xd
    The Dark Crisis look reminds me of her Future State costume. It's like it's 60-70% close to being her classic look.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post

If there was a Disney character similar to Zee, it would be.....

Agree, Her Stage Magician outfit is too iconic, people are always cosplaying or draw Zee in that gear. Her recent Dark Crisis outfit would be rocking in the 90s with the curly hair and extremely edgy stuff
    Agree. The stage magician costume presents a sense of purpose. I don't mind her having a sorceress but they're not designed well. I like Perez's costume but it has a lot of mismatched elements.

That pic of Jurgens costume is kind of blurry. I like the way her face, hair and body shape is drawn. I think the v-neck is unnecessary here. Hate the belts, gloves and boots here.

Not a fan of the cloaked hoodie either. Hoodies and cloaks are Raven's thing, imo. That's why I'm not a big fan of her Future State look either. I like the red/black cape from Dini's run designed by Stephane Roux. That fits her character way more, imo.

I also like this look from an alternate timeline in Booster Gold where Zatanna and Kyle Rayer got married:

Throw in the cape and it would be a good modernization of the Perez costume. Though I admit I miss the kimono sleeves from the Perez costume.

The sleeves look cool in shots like this:

where she is basically saying 'nothing up my sleeve'.

Zee and Kyle? Jeez, Kyle loves his brunette Superheroines .

Also, new chapter of Zatanna and The Ripper!

spoilers:
    Where Zee looks smashing in her top hat and gives Victorian-era prostitutes stun guns and birth control!

Also seems like she's the one who summons Constantine?
    end of spoilers

I loved this week's issue of Zee & Ripper. I'm not much interested in the story. I just like it when Zee looks cute and does cute things.

However I want to see Zee in the main universe doing her solo superhero stuff. I don't like reading Dini's stuff. Perhaps someone like Joelle jones can write her in her own style. I'd love to read that.

I loved this week's issue of Zee & Ripper. I'm not much interested in the story. I just like it when Zee looks cute and does cute things.

However I want to see Zee in the main universe doing her solo superhero stuff. I don't like reading Dini's stuff. Perhaps someone like Joelle jones can write her in her own style. I'd love to read that.
    Give Zee a break from Justice League Dark.

If there was a Disney character similar to Zee, it would be.....

Agree. The stage magician costume presents a sense of purpose. I don't mind her having a sorceress but they're not designed well. I like Perez's costume but it has a lot of mismatched elements.

That pic of Jurgens costume is kind of blurry. I like the way her face, hair and body shape is drawn. I think the v-neck is unnecessary here. Hate the belts, gloves and boots here.

Not a fan of the cloaked hoodie either. Hoodies and cloaks are Raven's thing, imo. That's why I'm not a big fan of her Future State look either. I like the red/black cape from Dini's run designed by Stephane Roux. That fits her character way more, imo.

I also like this look from an alternate timeline in Booster Gold where Zatanna and Kyle Rayer got married:

Throw in the cape and it would be a good modernization of the Perez costume. Though I admit I miss the kimono sleeves from the Perez costume.

The sleeves look cool in shots like this:
    Uh oh can't find any clearer version of that Dan Jurgen design xd. The belt is too "biker" for me. Would like a belt with pouch or actual magic stuff (potions or other magic items) like her design of Infinite Crisis Silent Sorceress

I growing fond of Zatanna 2010 design, the cape does give a big heroic appearance thought I personally like the tails more. It's cool to see Paul Dini could inviting galore of great artists for his run xd. I love Cliff Chiang artstyle the most.

Sometimes I felt like other artists drawing her golden vest too small. It's just seem unnatural for me to have the vest not covering all her midsection xd.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zee and Kyle? Jeez, Kyle loves his brunette Superheroines .

Also, new chapter of Zatanna and The Ripper!

spoilers:
    Where Zee looks smashing in her top hat and gives Victorian-era prostitutes stun guns and birth control!

Also seems like she's the one who summons Constantine?
    end of spoilers
    Welp they are both artists with creative use of their powers. It's funny when Kyle said this about Zatanna beforehand

I like that it was Zee that lead the resistance.

Wait what happened to Joelle Jones Yara Flor run?.
    I would like to see a Zatanna miniseries by her thou, hopefully she could enjoying to write and draw it without being overtaxed