Page 1 of 85 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Zatanna Zatara Mistress of Magic Appreciation Thread 2022

Yppah wen raey!

dna emoclew ot eht daerht! eb ecin dna t'nod kaerb yna selur!

Link to previous thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2021

Last edited by John Venus; 01-01-2022 at 07:02 AM.

What are the highlights and disappointments of 2021? What do you hope to see in 2022?

New favourite panel and page:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What are the highlights and disappointments of 2021? What do you hope to see in 2022?

A better consistent costume
    Announce/bts for her solo film lead actress

Last year was a bit on the disappointing end despite the possiblity of the movie.

s'tel epoh rof a retteb eno.

Last edited by Gaius; 01-01-2022 at 06:56 AM.

Happy New Year to the Mistress of Magic and her fans .

Hoping for a better 2022.

I'm still skeptical the movie ever gets made. Some news on it would help ease that skepticism. Still holding out hope for a solo book. A revived full JLD book (with or without a new name) where Zee gets better treatment would be nice too. Hoping for a new costume. Either back to the classic look or the Future State look or something similar.

Hoping for a Zatanna mini this year!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Hoping for a better 2022.

I'm still skeptical the movie ever gets made. Some news on it would help ease that skepticism. Still holding out hope for a solo book. A revived full JLD book (with or without a new name) where Zee gets better treatment would be nice too. Hoping for a new costume. Either back to the classic look or the Future State look or something similar.

JJ Abrams being involved doesn't inspire much confidence.

I don't even think a movie is the best way to go. I think a tv series would be a better fit for Zatanna's character arc.

If they want a female mystic who could lead a movie, it should be someone like Nightshade or Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hoping for a Zatanna mini this year!
    She will be co-starring with Batman in Urban Legends for a story arc in February.

I hope it leads to more solo content. I am okay with a solo back up in a WW title or even a Batman title if that's what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Always stunning in animation .

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Happy New Year !!!
    Hope the best for You guys and Zatanna, its time for her to rise from this dark time.

-In live action, I got this chunk of information from twitter. Can't found the original source but I do hope Emerald Fennel take time to develop the film. It also give Zatanna film more fighting chance, as I hope the upcoming DCEU films could give more good impression and anticipation for next projects among the audiences

52237.jpg

-In animated movies/series, her progression overall is knocked back. Golden chance at Young Justice wasted as it leave sour taste for Zatanna and most YJ fans overall. I find that one of the main problemabout "Grooming" thing is not true arguably, based on Phantom Stranger answer, the idea about rotating host for Nabu does pop up when Zatanna say her proteges is the best student she have, yeah she does training her proteges sincerely. Its bad timing as Lords of Chaos immediately taking pre-empitive strike to terminate this idea so Zatanna and her proteges must takes action against this pressing problem. Zatanna does talk with her proteges first before propose it to Nabu. She weight out the risks and make adjustments she believes is the best outcome for everyone involved so they are not left trapped forever. She does also take responsibility and joining the shift while also let Traci have the chance to bail out. Zee also know it dangerous for Mary for now to accept this "curse" and offer her to train together first. Granted she could take better action about Mary. Still it doesn't erase a lot of bad things in her arc especially almost nothing to none character exploration from Zatanna PoV.

DC SHG is still in unclear hiatus. Poor time slots really hurt this show and looks like the future for this is not so bright beyond getting Season 3.

-In comic, I hope Ram V could leave Zatanna in good situation at JLD. Feels bad that he leaves JLD while Zatanna in early part of her character progression as JLD leader.

Pretty excited for Batman Urban Legend, the artist is very enthusiast. Judging from the Vampire board plan, I hope Vamp Zatanna still playing around until the end of the series.

-In game there are rumor of Zatanna as one of the boss at Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, there is a billboard of her appeared in the trailer. Hope a fun unique battle mechanic if we do really fight her in the game.

(Damn still cant find a good way to post fully sized image xd)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 01-02-2022 at 03:09 AM.