Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If she’s not the survivor I’m assuming she’s going to be placed on her own Earth the same way Barry was. Wonder what that would look like? What’s Zatanna’s “ideal reality”? I’m assuming her father would be alive.
    I would assume something like the Paul Dini run with Zatara alive and she's just having fun as an active magician/Superhero...

(Morbidly I think some writers would write her as a happy housewife with devoted husband John Constantine as we would all eyeroll).

I'm not sure the preview of DC vs Vampires 4 is going to go over well here ... lol.

She looked great as always, but meh I'm so used to Constantine always getting the upperhand over other characters so whatever

John Constantine already becoming Batman of Magic World with his rule of cool armor. Looking forward of they pan it especially with Zee at the tail end of the Vampire plan from what we see in the board plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would assume something like the Paul Dini run with Zatara alive and she's just having fun as an active magician/Superhero...

(Morbidly I think some writers would write her as a happy housewife with devoted husband John Constantine as we would all eyeroll).
    I like that paragraph one. Wondering how JLD without Zee

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Dying with the JL might be good for Zee. They'll most probably teleport them to some other dimension where they will have their own adventures.
    Zee will finally get to be with the main Justice league.

I'm not kidding. With JLD ending, it might best for her to be regularly active in some book. Also we might get a JL where they appreciate magic as a common thing instead of pushing it to some dark edgy corner.
    I'm so ready for her to interact with characters outside of the JLD roster. Hopefully someone remembers that she has stories and relationships with characters outside of JLD, Constantine and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer the N52 JLD to the current one. I'm OK with it ending, as long as we get Zee somewhere else. My preference would be a solo title that does her justice. But I'd take some sort of JL book ... as long as it does her justice.
    I'm curious. Why?

If she’s not the survivor I’m assuming she’s going to be placed on her own Earth the same way Barry was. Wonder what that would look like? What’s Zatanna’s “ideal reality”? I’m assuming her father would be alive.
    I think being with her father is a given. The real question is who else is going to be included.

I would love it if they managed to include Sindella, the Hidden Ones, her stage hand Mickey, Jeffery Sloan, Allura and it was just characters specific to her.

I'm not sure the preview of DC vs Vampires 4 is going to go over well here ... lol.
    Meh, it's par of the course for DC cross over these days.

I thought Zatanna was the number one magician at DC, but Constantine is going to Constantine
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I thought Zatanna was the number one magician at DC, but Constantine is going to Constantine
    These days, she's only nominally the greatest magician in the DCU.

So what are everyone's favorite pairing for Zatanna? Non canon pairings also apply. And even though most of us aren't Zee/Constantine you're free to talk about why you like them on here.

My preferred but non canon pairing would be Zatanna/Blue Devil:

Zatanna is from the magical world and happens to also be a stage magician. Blue Devil is a stunt man who found himself caught in the world of magic when his costume was fused to his body by a demon. Dan is funny, nice, descent and a reluctant hero only because he's an average joe caught up in crazy ****. They're both people working in entertainment while also being superheroes who deal with the supernatural.

Source: Blue Devil #4-5.
    Last edited by John Venus; 01-21-2022 at 05:34 PM.

They also complement each other well; Zatanna is more knowledgeable about the world of mystics, she's a glass canon who fights from a distance and with her words. While Dan is a gadgeteer and a bruiser who can survive a lot of punishment and relies on his trident for long range attacks. Both of them are also from a Catholic background (although I think Zee is the non practicing type). In Dan's case there is also an element of tragedy, since in some versions he can be hurt by holy water and can't enter places of worship due to demonic influence.

Source: Blue Devil #5.

Barry and Zatanna could be fun.

Interesting I never knew about the Blue Devil pairing. I could definitely see that working.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm curious. Why?
    I'm reading JLD for Zatanna. It's been awhile since I've read the N52 run (I need to go back and re-read it), but I feel like she started similarly in both runs. In the N52, she struggled with her confidence, which affected her abilities. In the current run, magic was on the fritz, which affected her abilities. Now in the current run, her magic is still compromised by the UDM. And she still lacks confidence in her ability to lead the team. I don't feel like she's really progressed all that much. In the N52, as her confidence grew, her abilities grew. She became a confident team leader whom everybody looked to to save the day. WW seems to hold that role in the current run. Even when WW was gone, I figured she'd be back for whatever the final battle turned out to be.

I do like Bobo in the current run, but I miss Deadman from the N52. I loved the way Mikel Janin drew her. I wasn't crazy about the tattooed goth look early in the run, but prefer her N52 superhero look to the current.

I've enjoyed them both. I just like the N52 a bit better.

I'm reading JLD for Zatanna. It's been awhile since I've read the N52 run (I need to go back and re-read it), but I feel like she started similarly in both runs. In the N52, she struggled with her confidence, which affected her abilities. In the current run, magic was on the fritz, which affected her abilities. Now in the current run, her magic is still compromised by the UDM. And she still lacks confidence in her ability to lead the team. I don't feel like she's really progressed all that much. In the N52, as her confidence grew, her abilities grew. She became a confident team leader whom everybody looked to to save the day. WW seems to hold that role in the current run. Even when WW was gone, I figured she'd be back for whatever the final battle turned out to be.

I do like Bobo in the current run, but I miss Deadman from the N52. I loved the way Mikel Janin drew her. I wasn't crazy about the tattooed goth look early in the run, but prefer her N52 superhero look to the current.

I've enjoyed them both. I just like the N52 a bit better.
    I gotta agree with You, while N52 JLD Zee had rough start, in the late game especially after she donning the more heroic costume she become very developed as bold leader with rougher members and You can really feel Zatanna live up her title as one of the best DCU magician if its not the best. The writers really let her use her magic maximally and let her push her limit. I kinda hope the Future State event is real as it let her forging her leadership leading the guerilla against Merlin and her skill of course. Too bad Ram V left to early with no news for the next writer while Zatanna still early in her character development.

Interesting I never knew about the Blue Devil pairing. I could definitely see that working.

Thats a gorgeous design by Janin, never thought its work great with her N52 design
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 01-22-2022 at 04:19 AM.

I feel like her relationships with Constantine and Dick or Bruce work better as past relationships.

I thought about pairing her up with Mr. Terrific or Shilo Norman as a magic v science type clash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like her relationships with Constantine and Dick or Bruce work better as past relationships.

I thought about pairing her up with Mr. Terrific or Shilo Norman as a magic v science type clash.
    Having a relation with Bruce and later dick does not work

CBFD2E0E-EC5F-4EEA-B83D-60E23C87912D.jpg