Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Having a relation with Bruce and later dick does not work

Attachment 117652
    That's why I said "or".

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting I never knew about the Blue Devil pairing. I could definitely see that working.

Was this concept art for New 52 JLD? Seems like they considered keeping her classic look?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Barry and Zatanna could be fun.
    But alas, he is with Iris. Won't work unless they break up or she passes away. I enjoyed their UST during the Satellite era as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting I never knew about the Blue Devil pairing. I could definitely see that working.
    Unfortunately it didn't go beyond the two issues of scans that I posted but definitely one of the more fun Zatanna pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I'm reading JLD for Zatanna. It's been awhile since I've read the N52 run (I need to go back and re-read it), but I feel like she started similarly in both runs. In the N52, she struggled with her confidence, which affected her abilities. In the current run, magic was on the fritz, which affected her abilities. Now in the current run, her magic is still compromised by the UDM. And she still lacks confidence in her ability to lead the team. I don't feel like she's really progressed all that much. In the N52, as her confidence grew, her abilities grew. She became a confident team leader whom everybody looked to to save the day. WW seems to hold that role in the current run. Even when WW was gone, I figured she'd be back for whatever the final battle turned out to be.

I do like Bobo in the current run, but I miss Deadman from the N52. I loved the way Mikel Janin drew her. I wasn't crazy about the tattooed goth look early in the run, but prefer her N52 superhero look to the current.

I've enjoyed them both. I just like the N52 a bit better.
    Interesting. I stopped reading JLD Vol1 mid way through the second writer's (I think Jeff Lemire's) run. I was binge reading all her appearances together and the whiplash from the powerful, confident Zatanna in Dini's run and the Satellite era to the Zatanna in early JLD was too jarring for me. I thought she came off as too much like a glorified red shirt and didn't like Constantine manipulating her and her still pining for him. I wasn't a fan of how Deadman was depicted either. It wasn't until I read his original series by Neal Adams that I started to like him more.

The Rebirth version is by no means perfect but there are more elements that I like than not like the connection with Wonder Woman, Bobo and the inclusion of Circe as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is that from Del Toro's scrapped JLD project?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was this concept art for New 52 JLD? Seems like they considered keeping her classic look?
    She still has her classic look. It's just reserved for the stage. That's been the case in Nu52 and Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like her relationships with Constantine and Dick or Bruce work better as past relationships.

I thought about pairing her up with Mr. Terrific or Shilo Norman as a magic v science type clash.
    I think Mr Terrific or Shilo Norman would make for a great team up, not necessarily a good romantic pairing.

Given that they are both escape artists, I'm surprised that Mr Miracle and Zatanna haven't teamed up yet.

Throwing out a wild choice for dating: Booster Gold. Both Booster and Zatanna love the spotlight, use their powers for material benefit, and have a flair for showmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Think so, it’s from Janin.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Pick a card .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That would have been my introduction to Zee -- as it was to most of the JLA, but I already knew about her from reading Supergirl (Adventure Comics #413). That issue was the beginning of a 3-parter illustrated by Gray Morrow (who also drew her 80s special discussed above). I believe that entire story was later reprinted in DC Super-Stars. I also knew of Hawkman & Hawkgirl from their appearances in that same issue of Adventure Comics and from World's Finest before I read JLA #100.

Also interesting is that I was already reading Teen Titans (thanks to the Robin connection) and knew of the sidekicks Kid Flash, Speedy and Wonder Girl before being introduced to their older counterparts. I guess this is where I finally realized Wonder Girl was linked to Wonder Woman. Previously, I linked her to Robin, the Boy Wonder.

I was probably one of the few who liked her black costume with the red cap when she finally joined the league -- because it made her look more formidable, IMHO.
    Last edited by kcekada; 01-24-2022 at 07:57 AM.

Ugh. Tynion makes Zee swear a lot. I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I blame it on stress.

Astonishing Member

Think of it as magical incantations in some ancient tongue, invoking the names of various minor demons like $%#@ and #!$^%, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    But alas, he is with Iris. Won't work unless they break up or she passes away. I enjoyed their UST during the Satellite era as well.

Unfortunately it didn't go beyond the two issues of scans that I posted but definitely one of the more fun Zatanna pairings.

Interesting. I stopped reading JLD Vol1 mid way through the second writer's (I think Jeff Lemire's) run. I was binge reading all her appearances together and the whiplash from the powerful, confident Zatanna in Dini's run and the Satellite era to the Zatanna in early JLD was too jarring for me. I thought she came off as too much like a glorified red shirt and didn't like Constantine manipulating her and her still pining for him. I wasn't a fan of how Deadman was depicted either. It wasn't until I read his original series by Neal Adams that I started to like him more.

The Rebirth version is by no means perfect but there are more elements that I like than not like the connection with Wonder Woman, Bobo and the inclusion of Circe as a villain.

Is that from Del Toro's scrapped JLD project?

She still has her classic look. It's just reserved for the stage. That's been the case in Nu52 and Rebirth.
    Well that's unfortunate as late game N52 Zatanna become a full fledged daring Sorceress and Leader, although missing her lighter personalities and I think some Zee and John moments there could roll your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That would have been my introduction to Zee -- as it was to most of the JLA, but I already knew about her from reading Supergirl (Adventure Comics #413). That issue was the beginning of a 3-parter illustrated by Gray Morrow (who also drew her 80s special discussed above). I believe that entire story was later reprinted in DC Super-Stars. I also knew of Hawkman & Hawkgirl from their appearances in that same issue of Adventure Comics and from World's Finest before I read JLA #100.

Also interesting is that I was already reading Teen Titans (thanks to the Robin connection) and knew of the sidekicks Kid Flash, Speedy and Wonder Girl before being introduced to their older counterparts. I guess this is where I finally realized Wonder Girl was linked to Wonder Woman. Previously, I linked her to Robin, the Boy Wonder.

I was probably one of the few who liked her black costume with the red cap when she finally joined the league -- because it made her look more formidable, IMHO.
    I feel like some tweaks on her hairstyle and maybe a red waist sash or something to break the middle could make it better
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 01-24-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Also some nice pieces I found.

Possessed Zatanna by Jwise_art

Zatanna by Nathan Greno

another one by Geraldo Neto

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

Do you happen to know where the scans posted above is from?

While it wasn't a top favorite of mine, I like the black and red costume too. The only thing that bugged me were the elf shoes. Otherwise, it's a good look for a young rookie Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Gotta show that magicians are edgy and are serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Well that's unfortunate as late game N52 Zatanna become a full fledged daring Sorceress and Leader, although missing her lighter personalities and I think some Zee and John moments there could roll your eyes.
    I will give it a re read based on your recommendation.

I will keep my collection of non-Constantine inclusive Zatanna comics as a palate cleanser when I get to those moments you mention.

I feel like some tweaks on her hairstyle and maybe a red waist sash or something to break the middle could make it better
    I think the cape needs to be more of a cloak and the shoes just need to be regular boots instead of pointy elf shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Also some nice pieces I found.
    Zatanna by Nathan Greno

another one by Geraldo Neto
    You beat me to the punch. I saw this piece earlier today and loved it.

I'm a sucker for this kind of art. Especially when they use it on Who's Who profiles.

Oscar winner Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman) has set up her second feature as a director with MRC Film, with production expected to kick off this summer. Details with regard to the plot of the film, also to be penned and produced by Fennell, are being kept under wraps.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/emerald...8509/#comments

Guessing that means the Zatanna movie is low priority, if it has any priority.