Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Zdarsky did well with Zee in The Knight. I like how the Webtoon is exploring the “rules” of magic and Zatanna’s struggles with magical practice. Her new Victorian outfit is cool but I preferred her original costume, but a change comes with the story territory I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Singer Dua Lipa is rumored to be playing Zatanna in a Zatanna movie. What do you think of that?
    She looks the part but I don’t think she’s ever acted in anything so I’m skeptical about it being a good choice.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I really like the Bruce and Zatanna dynamic. Really feels like Zatanna is one of few people who truly gets Bruce. Zatara is cool too.

Batman the Knight is always awesome!

No, Zee. That's just 19th century urban sanitation at work.

-Dua Lipa has the looks for Zatanna but I don't know about her acting skills. I haven't seen her act in anything.

-I enjoyed Zatanna's appearances in this week's 'Zatanna & The Ripper' and 'Batman The Knight #7'.

-Zatanna and the Ripper continue to exceed my expectations. It's entertaining, the art is delightful and the story is moving along at a good pace.

Btw, spoilers:
    does any body think something is up with that Mary woman? She brings up the Ripper, takes Zatanna in her confidence thinking the latter is a prostitutes, she has other prostitutes visiting her place and we are explicitly shown Zatanna throwing away Mary's cake and the other girls are presumably going to have more of. Does anyone think that Mary is going to be revealed as the Ripper? There is a famous theory that the famous Jack The Ripper may have actually been a woman. My prediction is that either the spell back fires, Zatanna ends up somewhere else or in a place where she realizes that the other girls are in danger and have to make it back the house.
    end of spoilers

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I enjoyed the Zatara's in Zdarsky's the Knight. Bruce and Zatanna have great chemistry, the story was simple and concise and had some nice character moments. I also enjoyed its take on magic having a price.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -Dua Lipa has the looks for Zatanna but I don't know about her acting skills. I haven't seen her act in anything.

-I enjoyed Zatanna's appearances in this week's 'Zatanna & The Ripper' and 'Batman The Knight #7'.

-Zatanna and the Ripper continue to exceed my expectations. It's entertaining, the art is delightful and the story is moving along at a good pace.

Btw, spoilers:
    does any body think something is up with that Mary woman? She brings up the Ripper, takes Zatanna in her confidence thinking the latter is a prostitutes, she has other prostitutes visiting her place and we are explicitly shown Zatanna throwing away Mary's cake and the other girls are presumably going to have more of. Does anyone think that Mary is going to be revealed as the Ripper? There is a famous theory that the famous Jack The Ripper may have actually been a woman. My prediction is that either the spell back fires, Zatanna ends up somewhere else or in a place where she realizes that the other girls are in danger and have to make it back the house.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I had a similar hunch too about Mary. Either that or she’s going to get murdered as a reason for Zatanna to stick around, getting justice for a woman who helped her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

spoilers:
    I don't think it was meant to be explicitly romantic, at least in that instance, but I feel like that's the first time Bruce and Zee have said "I love you" to each other .
    end of spoilers

Btw, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I had a similar hunch too about Mary. Either that or she’s going to get murdered as a reason for Zatanna to stick around, getting justice for a woman who helped her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think it was meant to be explicitly romantic, at least in that instance, but I feel like that's the first time Bruce and Zee have said "I love you" to each other .
    end of spoilers
    Mary's also the name of the last victim attributed to Jack the Ripper.

Even better:

spoilers:
    There is a theory that Jack the Ripper was actually a woman and one of the prime suspects is a woman who was years later hanged for murdering her lover's wife and child in a manner reminiscent of the Ripper's murders and her name, was Mary Pearcy.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

When you create a blog to talk about Zatanna but somehow end up spending all day answering questions about John Constantine: 🤡
    Maybe your best option is to create a second blog, to talk about John Constantine. Maybe the John-related chat will move there, or else people in that blog will now start talking about Zatanna instead. Or else create a blog specially for John + Zee chat, and then just never read it.

Dua Lipa as Zatanna sounds so fake. I can't believe people are falling for it. It's like the third or fourth casting rumor so far.

BTW did anybody read Dark Crisis Young Justice #2? Meghan Fitzmartin did it again. I am really concerned about how she'll write the dark crisis backup story for Zatanna in November. She has to write about what Zee's dream world would be like. What Zee wants it to be like.
    I read Tom King's Dark Crisis Superman tie in too and I think he messed up.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 07-19-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Dua Lipa as Zatanna sounds so fake. I can't believe people are falling for it. It's like the third or fourth casting rumor so far.

BTW did anybody read Dark Crisis Young Justice #2? Meghan Fitzmartin did it again. I am really concerned about how she'll write the dark crisis backup story for Zatanna in November. She has to write about what Zee's dream world would be like. What Zee wants it to be like.
    I read Tom King's Dark Crisis Superman tie in too and I think he messed up.
    Snippets I've been seeing of YJ Dark Crisis are some of the funniest comic stuff I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Snippets I've been seeing of YJ Dark Crisis are some of the funniest comic stuff I've seen in a while.
    I was laughing through the whole issue. However soon she's gonna write Zee and I'm concerned that she'll dig up something terrible from her past. She's already dropped a hint - Tim being not able to save his two father figures. Tim's father dying in you know what event.

Screenshot_20220720-102416_Chrome.jpg
    Tweet - https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelwc...07013897977856
    That would've been awesome. I hope he does something about it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Screenshot_20220720-102416_Chrome.jpg
    Tweet - https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelwc...07013897977856
    That would've been awesome. I hope he does something about it.
    It would look great and never come out.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.