Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Here's a list of appearances outside JLD and after New 52.

As Lead:
    New Talent Showcase (2018)
    Cursed Comics Cavalcade (2018)
    Truth & Justice (2021) #19-21

As Support:
    Bizarro (2015) #4
    Detective Comics (2016) #958-962
    Catwoman (2018) #18
    Wonder woman: Agent of peace (2020) #15

Please feel free to add any other appearances I may have missed. Note: Zee must have a significant role.
    Secret Six #10 by Gail Simone. Significant role since she is the narrator but not the lead.

Lauren Faust posted some early designs of DC super hero girls on twitter.

Tweet -https://mobile.twitter.com/Fyre_flye...62031947292674

Oh why did they change Zee's design? It was so much better.
    I prefer the darker hair but maybe a different hair style. Parted in the middle, somewhat wavy like her YJ hair style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    That New Talent Showcase story is my comfort story. Gorgeous art, wonderful story, beautiful Zee. Should keep that hair for main design in JLD, maybe could lessening some of the fans resistance against that outfit xd.

I should reread issue #40 especially after reading your analysis here. Miss a lot of good thing when speed reading it, gotta savor it now. Love that moments of Zatanna with her father. Also never knew Superman also have story with Giovanni especially as they sharing first appereance back then at the iconic Action Comic #1
    Yeah, it's really one of her best stories in recent years. Would love to see that writer handle an ongoing. Also shows you can do do horror based Zee stories while still keeping her in character.

Zatanna's feats in Alex Ross's Justice #12:

I really like Zee and Superman's friendship. They truly are opposites but also similar.

Zee is put in peril in a more original way.

"Sknaht"

JL ladies having tea:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    JL ladies having tea:

We need more female friendship in DC books.

Secret Six #10 by Gail Simone. Significant role since she is the narrator but not the lead.
    Nah. Narration shouldn't be counted as significant IMO. But it does have a cool interaction between Zee and superman. Also Zee looks great in that outfit.

Any character that Zee hasn't teamed up with in a significant way but you would love to see her do so?

My picks:

Mr Miracle (either version works for me):

Billy Batson/Shazam:

Booster Gold:

Any character that Zee hasn't teamed up with in a significant way but you would love to see her do so?

My picks:

Billy Batson/Shazam:

Booster Gold:

I think she'd play off each of these well.

I think she mentioned in a comic that she wanted to break Scott's escape record and I think in Justice League Action Scott was really dismissive of her.

Zee and Billy would be cute. Zee and Booster would probably be pure fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she'd play off each of these well.

I think she mentioned in a comic that she wanted to break Scott's escape record and I think in Justice League Action Scott was really dismissive of her.

Zee and Billy would be cute. Zee and Booster would probably be pure fun.
    Zee and Billy are cute, when she's the adult to has to scold the young kid.

The preview for Batman Urban Legends looks great.
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/batman...ds-12-preview/

The JLD 2018 look is beginning to grow on me or maybe it's just Nikola Cizmesija's art style.

Soon I'll have another story to add to my list of Non-JLD appearances.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 02-05-2022 at 07:27 AM.

The JLD 2018 look is beginning to grow on me or maybe it's just Nikola Cizmesija's art style.

Really wish Constantine wasn't in this. It's getting hard for Zee to have any story separate from him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really wish Constantine wasn't in this. It's getting hard for Zee to have any story separate from him at this point.
    I think DC is trying to separate them now. The way Ram V left the book makes me think Zee and Constantine aren't happy with each other. Zee keeping UDM a secret from Constantine and Constantine unsuccessfully trying to mimic Zatara when Zee was possessed indicate that they are breaking up.
    In the preview for next week's JL, Zatanna tells Constantine to not call her Zee anymore.
    I wish DC sticks with this. I don't want anymore JohnxZee.

Here's a list of appearances outside JLD and after New 52.

As Lead:
    New Talent Showcase (2018)
    Cursed Comics Cavalcade (2018)
    Truth & Justice (2021) #19-21

As Support:
    Bizarro (2015) #4
    Detective Comics (2016) #958-962
    Catwoman (2018) #18
    Wonder woman: Agent of peace (2020) #15

Please feel free to add any other appearances I may have missed. Note: Zee must have a significant role.
    I would like to add her appearances at Sideways comic from issue 7 to 10.
    Also Zatanna and the House of Secrets.

Love that initial design of civilian DC SHG Zee. I think I would like to keep her current civilian outfit but with the black hair, save the sparkly purple for her heroic and magician attire. I want to say maybe they change the design for toy purpose but the toy just covering her magician and superheroic costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Michael Dooney:

Attachment 118017

I actually have a print of this. I bought something else from him a few years ago and he accidentally sent me the Zee print instead. He told me to keep it rather than send it back.
    Love that poster, delightful dress she wear in that one. Make me remember with her french dress at her Dini solo comic.

My picks:

Billy Batson/Shazam:

Booster Gold:

I want to see light hearted fun adventure of Zatanna with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle xd. They could help Zee retain her bright side. Also maybe some training adventure of Zatanna with magic proteges or young magicians in need for helps.

The main problem is that the only Zatanna story getting referenced these days are the ones with her and Constantine in them. Swamp Thing #50 and Books of Magic are the entire basis of her modern characterization. Sure, they also reference her appearances in Dini's 'Tec run but none of the nuances have been carried over.

I think it's mostly editorially mandated, Tynion wrote a more classic Zatanna in 'Tec but for JLD he had to switch over to a version closer to her Nu52 iteration.

It sucks because Zatanna has a rich history and she was around 20 years before Constantine showed and it's sad that none of that gets referenced.

To add to that list: Scooby Doo Team Up #19: "Scooby Do & The Conjurors Conundrum" (the chapter it self is listed as #37 even though everywhere else it's #19, likely due to the digital format splitting a whole issue into two).

It's a really good team up, lots of references to the Zatanna's past and also guest appearances from other magical heroes and villains (including Tigress, Warlock of Ys) and some very obscure magical users. All done in a way that doesn't detract from the main characters of the story and Zee gets a few cool moments.

I also enjoyed the casual dismissal of John Constantine, Fred brings him up and Zee replies "I don't want to talk about him". Dude doesn't even appear on panel and is never mentioned again. It was great!

I think DC is trying to separate them now. The way Ram V left the book makes me think Zee and Constantine aren't happy with each other. Zee keeping UDM a secret from Constantine and Constantine unsuccessfully trying to mimic Zatara when Zee was possessed indicate that they are breaking up.
    In the preview for next week's JL, Zatanna tells Constantine to not call her Zee anymore.
    I wish DC sticks with this. I don't want anymore JohnxZee.
    I have my doubts about that. Looking at their dialogue and the premise, I think the conflict will be between Zee and Batman. I would love it if Zee and Constantine are permanently separated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I want to see light hearted fun adventure of Zatanna with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle xd. They could help Zee retain her bright side. Also maybe some training adventure of Zatanna with magic proteges or young magicians in need for helps.
    They're also both entertainers. Zee being an established celebrity and Booster being perpetually down on his luck but still trying to climb the ranks could make for some interesting interactions.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Zee and Billy are cute, when she's the adult to has to scold the young kid.

I wish this scene had been in the movie.
    Assassinate Putin!