Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Agree, a consistent costume would be nice. As long as it still have strong magician feature I would like it. Oh also purple colour like nice on her. Anyway Zee drawing by otto schmidt

Otto Zatanna.jpg

I personally want an experienced actress as Zatanna. Also hopefully no controversies around the actress

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Agree, a consistent costume would be nice.
    I have no issue with Zee changing her look often and not having a consistent costume. People change their clothes all the time, and I I always found it weird that some super-heroes don't, especially those that sort attire that more resemble normal clothing than spandex costumes. So if zee is doing a stage show, she might wear one ensemble, but if she is meeting someone for coffee, wear something else, going to a JL meeting might call for a different ensemble, and getting ready to throw down with say Black Canary for a combat training session something more resembling active wear than a tux-inspired outfit with fishnets. And if I am operating in sunny California I might wear something than if I am operating in blustery Chicago in winter, especially if I am going to be physically active and need to keep muscles limber and ready to operate at peak efficiency with my life and the lives of others on the line.

Changing attire to me offers more of a feeling of verisimilitude for the character than a one-size-fits-all costume that looks horribly out of place in most contexts it is worn in just to give a character a consistent look for branding purposes.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 01-02-2022 at 07:01 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I'm just more than ready to move on from the drab, boring, JLD look.

Happy New Year !!!

(Damn still cant find a good way to post fully sized image xd)
    In the Insert Image function, go to the "From URL" tab and unclick the checked box that says "Retrieve Remote File and Reference Locally". Then put a URL address for the image you want to use.

Agree, a consistent costume would be nice. As long as it still have strong magician feature I would like it. Oh also purple colour like nice on her. Anyway Zee drawing by otto schmidt

Otto Zatanna.jpg
    I hope we get more of Vampire Zee. That could be a fun alternative story.

Last edited by John Venus; 01-02-2022 at 01:38 PM.

By John Keaveney:

I saw teasers of that piece on IG, it looks even more spectacular together.

-Anyway, I recommend Zatanna fans to check out JLA Vol 1 #225-227. I just finished reading it and it's a fun little story arc wherein the League takes on a centuries spanning cult that wants to use a newly discovered element with mystical element to free a demon that "not even hell could contain". Zee plays a substantial role in the story arc including in defeating the biggest threat. If you want to wipe the disappointment caused by her YJ arc, I recommend checking this story arc.

Also if they ever do another solo, they really need to bring back the aforementioned cult; the Cult of Fiatlux and the demon called Hellrazer.

J_L_of_A_225-08.jpg

J_L_of_A_225-09.jpg

J_L_of_A_225-22.jpg

Phil Jimenez

Nicola Scott

Phil Noto

She's a very expressive person .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [IMG]
    Man that moment was such a casual flex lol.

Also made me laugh back when I was reading DC Rebirth, 'cause I was checking out the Dr. Strange run that was out more or less at the same time, here's Zatanna casually turning off gravity and manipulating day time, while Stephen was so weak he needed a power boost from Yggdrasil... Granted, it was to be able to fight Loki but, still lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Hmm, caught with the Ram V JLD backups. I've mostly enjoyed it though I can see why some aren't so hot on Zee's portrayal even if didn't particularly bother me.

The annual coming out before issues #70 and #71 was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's a very expressive person .
    Since YJ disappeared up Vandal Savage's rear end, DCSHG Zee is now the best adaptation of Zee.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-04-2022 at 06:28 PM.