Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Paul Dini with that good waifu content though .

What I like from Paul Dini, he writes a mature relationship between Bruce and Zatanna, they parted away with respect and nicely

That Batwoman words, it's remind me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Basically DC treats Zatanna as Constantine's retarded and useless girlfriend that can't do anything without him. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended appearing in her movie and taking the spotlight from her.
    DC Has a Problem with Women being more Powerful than Men.Carol Danvers in Marvel Comics has come a long way from Ms Marvel to the Powerhouse she is today even being able to handle her own against Ironman and Thor DC on the other hand treat their females characters as less than even in the Justice League Movie even the synder cut in my eyes Wonder Woman alone should've been enough to go up against Superman but nope he treated her like a ragdoll.totally not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    La Victoire est à nous.
    Zee and Wanda remind me of discussion about Mongol Nimble Horse Archer and European All Powerful Knight. Head on melee duel, the Knight surely would won, but in battle the versatile Mongol Horse Archer would use tricks by harassing the knight with ranged weapon, feigned a retreat chased by the knight until they are tired then wheeling around shoot the horse and go for the kill against the falling Knight

that Zatanna: The Jewel of Gravesend have Alluring artstyle. I hope that Sindella beside Giovanni, a good chance to introduce Zee mom to wider audience. I can see teenage girls gonna liking this book

Is anyone here reading the Clea solo. its fun and I kinda wish we got a Zatanna solo similar to that. Clea's magic is shown to have a lot of variety too, like she makes giant rock hands, binds demons and has a butterfly beam

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Is anyone here reading the Clea solo. its fun and I kinda wish we got a Zatanna solo similar to that. Clea's magic is shown to have a lot of variety too, like she makes giant rock hands, binds demons and has a butterfly beam
    Zee deserves a non-JLD solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yep reading that has me wishing we could get something similar for Zatanna.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Gotham Girls Season 1 Episode 4

Incredible Member

On John and Zee.Honestly the pairing makes sense.On paper anyway.In addition to the good old 'Good girl/Bad boy' relationship type people still seem to like,DC likes power couples and (being DC most well know magic users) they have that appeal as well.And unlike say Batman/Wonderwoman, they don't have preestablished love interest with significant history to get in the way.

I wager that even if the some of the issues mentioned earlier didn't exist you'll probably still be stuck with the pairing
    Last edited by Baseman; 04-11-2022 at 03:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think the Constantine thing comes about because he's likely considered to be a "bigger name" than her, while she's a more "mainstream name" than he is in regular DC Comics, and that there's a very business-like idea that merging the two together should raise her profile in audience's eyes and raise his involvement in mainstream events.

And I don't think it's that intuitive outside of that; what previous relationship they had before the New 52 was almost a one-off joke from Constantine's side, and both had their most popular periods as solo character before the New 52.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Zee's other Gotham Girls episode:

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    On John and Zee.Honestly the pairing makes sense.On paper anyway.In addition to the good old 'Good girl/Bad boy' relationship type people still seem to like,DC likes power couples and (being DC most well know magic users) they have that appeal as well.And unlike say Batman/Wonderwoman, they don't have preestablished love interest with significant history to get in the way.

I wager that even if the some of the issues mentioned earlier didn't exist you'll probably still be stuck with the pairing
    Bro he got her dad killed. Her dad that she adored.

Constantine can take a tumble in a cement mixer for all I care.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Bro he got her dad killed. Her dad that she adored.

Constantine can take a tumble in a cement mixer for all I care.
    Did all those mages even accomplish anything? It seemed like they were basically just watching to see if Swampie actually did anything rather than actually contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did all those mages even accomplish anything? It seemed like they were basically just watching to see if Swampie actually did anything rather than actually contributing.
    I need to go reread it but they were trying to stop Anti-God from killing everything, so at the very least it was for a good cause.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/