Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Artist Soo Lee completed that picture.

Tweet -https://mobile.twitter.com/SooDLee/s...52599764819972

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    In Road to dark crisis, Jon said Young Justice are building statues to honor the fallen. It's kinda weird that they left out Oliver, Dinah and Zee.
    Well, for GA it'd require there actually be people sad enough he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, for GA it'd require there actually be people sad enough he's gone.
    His family...Hal...probably most of Star Cit...I mean, Seattle...

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    In Road to dark crisis, Jon said Young Justice are building statues to honor the fallen. It's kinda weird that they left out Oliver, Dinah and Zee.
    Considering the fact that they forgot to mention her during Dick's eulogy, I'm not expecting much from her side during this side.

I really wish Zachary was still around. This could have been his moment to shine. Also, Misty Kilgore from Seven Soldiers.

I also wish she got to interact with Raven more. There is a lot of potential there in them representing the light and dark of the magical world.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Considering the fact that they forgot to mention her during Dick's eulogy, I'm not expecting much from her side during this side.

I really wish Zachary was still around. This could have been his moment to shine. Also, Misty Kilgore from Seven Soldiers.

I also wish she got to interact with Raven more. There is a lot of potential there in them representing the light and dark of the magical world.
    They did add her into Dick’s eulogy and she gets a few brief cameos in Dark Crisis.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

So my first introduction to Zantana was JL:dark which I did enjoy. Anyone have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So my first introduction to Zantana was JL:dark which I did enjoy. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Morrison Seven Soldiers
    Dini’s Zatanna mini
    Depending on which JLD run you read you can read the other, I enjoyed the Tynion/Ram V JLD run and the New 52 JLD run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Everyday Magic is another one to read.

Adding the other answers, I would like to suggest You to read Zatanna Search and Zatanna tenure at Justice League of America or usually called the Satellite League.

This Twitter post could be really helpful for You to navigate Zatanna journey from a young Magician to become the Mistress of Magic and leader of JLA
    https://twitter.com/ZatannaArchive/s...L_GKCCiCA&s=19

Also DC New Talent Showcase 2018, Zatanna special by Gray Morrow, Zatanna Come Together miniseries.

Happy Reading !

A lot of people get confused on whether she has a secret identity or not.
    The answer is - she does not.
    Her identity is public knowledge. She has never worn a mask. She has never had an alias. She is known as Zatanna to her audience and to her enemies.

*Only in DCSHG, they changed it to Zee Zatara being her real name and Zatanna being her superhero name so she can blend in with the group.

I think readers see her performing magic on stage and assume she is tricking her audience by doing real magic and pretending it's fake.

I say she does both and her audience knows that.
    That's the only reasonable explanation.

The more I read Joshua William's answers regarding anything related to Zee the more she comes off as an afterthought throughout this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They did add her into Dick’s eulogy and she gets a few brief cameos in Dark Crisis.
    Yeah, but that was after fans complained and they had to add her in. That's not a good sign.

Zatanna's Search TPB: her introductory arc.

DC Super Stars of Magic (a reprint of her story arc from Adventure Comics #413-415). Beautiful Gray Morrow art. A solo story with her own love interest and the return of her archfoe.

JLoA Vol 1 100-101: part of a three way crossover between the JLA, JSA and Seven Soldiers. Zatanna, Barry and Red Tornado team up to rescue Roy Harper from Circe.

JLoA 161-165: Zatanna officially joins the League and we get a story arc centered on her mother.

JLoA 166-168: Part of the mind switch story in which Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna and Hal Jordan's minds are switched with the Secret Society's Wizard, Blockbuster, Floronic Man, Star Sapphire and Professor Zoom respectively. Zatanna is vital in this arc.

Zatanna appeared in the League as a regular from 161-255. Not many issues where she is absent and has some kind of role even in stories where she isn't a focus. Like the Dr Destiny arc in 175-177, the Despero arc in 178 and the Firestorm story 179-180.

JLoA #187: New costume that defines her as herself and not as her father or mother.

JLofA #190: Her powers are reduced.

World's Finest 277-278:
    She fights her evil doppleganger from another dimension.

JLoA #206: She is elected chairwoman and leads the team against the Demons Three.

JLoA #217:
    More chairwoman stuff. This time it's the League vs enemies from ancient Atlantis.

Wonder Woman #291-293:
    First team up with WW. The two of them take on a cosmic being that has come to judge earth. Also involves Madame Xanadu, Supergirl, Starfire, Donna Troy, Raven, Phantom Lady of Earth X, Black Canary, Earth 2 Huntress and Earth 2 Power Girl. Individual team ups that later culminates in a bigger one.

JLoA #225-227: Zee and the League take on the Cult of Fiatlux. She takes on the main villain of the story arc; the demon Hellrazer. A demon so terrible that not even hell can contain him.

Swamp Thing #50: Her father death.

Hawkman Vol 2 #4: Nothing major. Just a fun one off of her teaming up with the Hawks. Thought it was a cool reference to her first appearance in Hawkman #4 in the first volume and the Zatanna/Shayera friendship doesn't get much focus these days.

1987 Zatanna Special: Takes all the stuff from her first appearance to the most recent ones in one big adventure. In a better timeline this would have lead to a Zatanna ongoing. Worth checking out just for Gray Morrow's artwork alone.

JLoA #246-257: Her final JL arc. Begins as a subplot in #246 with her searching for her missing roommate then continues in #247, 250, 251 and finally culminates in #255-257. It involves a cult kidnapping her and attempting to replicate her powers within themselves. It doesn't go well and Zatanna is forced to rescue her captors.

Spectre Vol 2 #7-8: Weird body horror story that wraps up the loose ends from her final JL story.

Books of Magic #2: The whole Books of Magic series is worth checking out since it's a tour of the magical world of the DCU. I wasn't a fan of how she was portrayed in this but the overall story is good and this series was a huge inspiration for JLD alongside Swamp Thing #50.

Zatanna: Come Together: 4 part mini series by Lee Mars and Esteban Maroto. Zatanna has to embrace her mother's magic to fight an incoming threat to San Francisco. It was meant to be a new direction for her character but it never stuck.

Adventures of Superman #522: Zee helps repair Metropolis after a super battle. Probably the best team up she's had with Superman, Perry White and Martian Manhunter.

JLA #68-76 'The Obsidian Age': More of an ensemble piece but she still plays a pivotal role in this. This was called 'Obsidian Age'. It's a story arc where the JLA died and secondary characters took over as their replacements with Nightwing leading the new JLA. Sound familiar?

Zatanna: Everyday Magic: Follows Zee in her everyday life. Also a rare story where she saves Constantine, is shown to be his equal if not better and treats him as he deserves to be treated. Also has a cute art style.

Justice mini by Alex Ross. She plays a significant role in this helping Superman track down Brainiac.

Identity Crisis:
    I hate this story but it did hugely impact the character even if it was negatively.

JLA 115-119: The immediate fall out of Identity Crisis.

Seven Soldiers: Zatanna: By Grant Morrison. Zatanna goes theraphy. Redeems herself.

Detective Comics #833-834: Batman and Zatanna bury the hatchet from IC. She also interacts with Catwoman in 847 and 850.

Streets of Gotham #14-20: Explores Thomas Wayne and John Zatara's friendship and how it changed them.

Zatanna ongoing by Paul Dini

Zatanna/Black Canary: Bloodspell by Paul Dini

DC New Talent Showcase 2018

Justice League Dark Volume 2
    by James Tynion IV and Ram V

Overall I'd say Zee got a much better showing in this arc than in her own arc. Which is weird to say.

How was she in the latter half of Season 4?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    How was she in the latter half of Season 4?
    Definitely better, she become more active player that pushing the main plot. Some good skills display and playing important role in some scenes. Zee and Kaldur kinda underwhelming in the final battle especially with their speciality but I guess it's just your usual problem on giving focus for everyone in a team show.

Personally would like to see the show delve more on her role as leader that guilts ridden and torn apart between saving the world and with her personal goal, especially aftermath effect of what happened in arc. With balance as theme, She need to be more aggressive and pushing more her offensive spells.