Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Last edited by Vordan; 07-12-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So glad Allura is back. Hopefully this leads to her showing up in the main DCU as well. She's the closest Zatanna has to an archenemy.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I love everything so far. So much that I'm almost willing to forgive Constantine showing up.

That's high praise for me.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I'll keep an open mind and see how its handled first. The first three episodes have been solid thus far.

Though I suspect the JohnZee fans are going to be unbearable in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'll keep an open mind and see how its handled first. The first three episodes have been solid thus far.

Though I suspect the JohnZee fans are going to be unbearable in the coming weeks.
    Least I’ll be among fans in the Webtoon comments (if you’ve ever wondered why DC keeps pushing it you can see for yourself how popular that relationship is in the Webtoon comments)

But the writer has a good handle on the Zatanna/Zatara relationship and a good handle on Zatanna herself so I don’t think there’s cause for concern about how she’ll handle Constantine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man, deep cut bringing Allura back. Thought it was Circe at first with the purple.

When aren't they?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Love her design in this series, it's both classic with a slightly modernized approach. Especially love the lighter hair color.
    Fishnets are back on the menu people .

But yeah, I was kind of worried they'd default to the JLD outfit or something like that or something more generic but instead they went with her traditional look albeit slightly modernized but still basically her at her most iconic. And I love it .

The hair kind of takes me back a little because I feel like Zee is almost as known for her long dark locks as, say, Diana or Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

But yeah, I was kind of worried they'd default to the JLD outfit or something like that or something more generic but instead they went with her traditional look albeit slightly modernized but still basically her at her most iconic. And I love it .

The hair kind of takes me back a little because I feel like Zee is almost as known for her long dark locks as, say, Diana or Lois.
    I associate Zee with dark, long and straight hair so it's a shock for me too-- but a welcome one.

Diana's hair is either curly (based), wavy or straight (for deadlines). Lois rocks short or long hair, brunette, auburn or jet black, and usually straight.

Zee has been most consistent, but we do see her with purple hair in some recent stuff. This feels like a grab at Gen Z which is very much into hair dye so I get it and it does sell "young adult" as a design choice.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I associate Zee with dark, long and straight hair so it's a shock for me too-- but a welcome one.

Diana's hair is either curly (based), wavy or straight (for deadlines). Lois rocks short or long hair, brunette, auburn or jet black, and usually straight.

Zee has been most consistent, but we do see her with purple hair in some recent stuff. This feels like a grab at Gen Z which is very much into hair dye so I get it and it does sell "young adult" as a design choice.
    I think most people usually think of Lois with the long, dark, hair. Diana's hair being curly feels almost like a rarity.

But I agree it definitely feels like a "young adult" style.

I prefer Zee with dark jet black hair that's slightly wavy. Her hair on YJ is perfect imo. And I wish more artists would take cues from her hair on the show.

Her hair being purple on DCSHG seems to be a way to separate her from WW and give her her own unique colour signature. Though I think it would be more fun if they played with their similarities rather than getting away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Least I’ll be among fans in the Webtoon comments (if you’ve ever wondered why DC keeps pushing it you can see for yourself how popular that relationship is in the Webtoon comments)
    Meh, just because a lot of people like it doesn't mean my tastes are suddenly going to do a back flip.

Imma troll every single of those comments. I kid, I kid.

I prefer Zee with dark jet black hair that's slightly wavy. Her hair on YJ is perfect imo. And I wish more artists would take cues from her hair on the show.

Her hair being purple on DCSHG seems to be a way to separate her from WW and give her her own unique colour signature. Though I think it would be more fun if they played with their similarities rather than getting away from it.

Meh, just because a lot of people like it doesn't mean my tastes are suddenly going to do a back flip.

Zatanna’s colors should be black, blue, and purple like how WW and Superman’s are red, yellow and blue, or Batman’s are black, gray, and yellow.

Oh I wasn’t trying to change anyone’s opinions on it lol, but some in the thread have asked why DC keeps pairing the two, and the answer as seen in the comments is that it’s popular outside of here.

I prefer that too, but projects with Zee as a young girl or teen seem to color her hair and I don't mind it then...

But I'm a boring old person. I prefer the classic look for her. The webtoon is a fine updating, though. It reminds of that fan art with her in the white jacket which was fire.
    May we never forget:

The top hat surely make her Victorian era civilian suit more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Wonder the golden dry on her hair is connected to her mother, Sindella. Yeah the fishnet and shorts short is best compromise for Fishnet Fanatics like me and the Pro Pants

Ouh it's nice to see whole fandom rejoicing and filled with joys for this webtoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Wonder the golden dry on her hair is connected to her mother, Sindella. Yeah the fishnet and shorts short is best compromise for Fishnet Fanatics like me and the Pro Pants

Ouh it's nice to see whole fandom rejoicing and filled with joys for this webtoon
    This is going to sound weird but I can't tell you how happy I was to see her still wearing fishnets .