Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is going to sound weird but I can't tell you how happy I was to see her still wearing fishnets .
    Hey man, I was stoked Ollie had the Adams sleeves in the animated movie. You follow these characters so long, even the most minor design detail can trigger an emotional reaction.

Also, she's a pretty lady. That's its own kind of magic.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hey man, I was stoked Ollie had the Adams sleeves in the animated movie. You follow these characters so long, even the most minor design detail can trigger an emotional reaction.

No doubt! And she has the personality to match .

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Wonder the golden dry on her hair is connected to her mother, Sindella. Yeah the fishnet and shorts short is best compromise for Fishnet Fanatics like me and the Pro Pants

Ouh it's nice to see whole fandom rejoicing and filled with joys for this webtoon
    Artist just said Zee just bleaches her hair.

This is going to sound weird but I can't tell you how happy I was to see her still wearing fishnets .

Great article on magic.

https://vocal.media/geeks/magic-trouble-shooting

Hundreds, no thousands of years ago magicians were viewed as wizards. They were the primary source of knowledge and wisdom. If a farmer was worried about the weather affecting his crops or if the king was worried about his time on the throne or if a war general was curious about his enemies, they would all consult the magician. The term wizard comes from another term "wise-man" and the term magician is a more modern theatrical variation of the word "magi."

From ancient Egypt all the way to the 18th Century C.E, magicians were treated as gods.

Then came a clock-maker turned illusionist from France by the name of Gene-Eugene Robert Houdin (pronounced Rober-Hudan). Robert Houdin revolutionized magic and brought it into modern age. He exchanged the magician's attire from flowing robe and pointy hat to the classic image of tails and top hat. Magicians of today owe Robert Houdin a great deal.

Robert-Houdin mentioned in his writings that:

"The magician is a not a wizard but an actor playing the part of a wizard."

Many of my peers have broken this down to mean a variety of things but the quote forever changed magic history.
    Many magicians (you know who you are) have failed to realize that there is a fundamental difference between a puzzle and magic. A puzzle or trick by it's very nature has a plausible solution. However, magic if performed correctly must remain a mystery for all eternity with no answer as to how or why.
    Now I want a Zatanna/Riddler cross over.

Magic with the exception of music, is one of the rare forms of performance art that is capable of breaking down any barrier thrown at it; language, racial, socio-economic, cultural, any barrier and magic is immune to it.

I've performed magic for people of the hearing impaired and I know plenty who have performed even for the blind! Magic is the rare art form that allows just about anyone the chance to enjoy it.
    So much story potential here.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No doubt! And she has the personality to match .
    In addition, Zee's fiery spirit and tempered skills that help her raging against the dying of light and fills the world with spark of joys.

I think we end up quoting the 4 books of libri Zatarae

Preview of Batman: The Knight #7
    Written by Chip Zdarsky.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/15/dc...-the-knight-7/

This looks good. I'm glad we are getting more Zatanna content even though JLD has been cancelled.

Glad Chip is maintaining continuity like the Zataras and the Wayne's knowing each other and that Zatara being affected by their deaths.

Sindella was also mentioned. I wonder if she will factor into the story somehow?

Zatara being an alcoholic is something that I've seen mentioned but I haven't seen many pages prior that explored it.

Zatara being strongly affected by Sindella's death has been mentioned before and it looks like Chip might explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Preview of Batman: The Knight #7
    Written by Chip Zdarsky.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/15/dc...-the-knight-7/
    Looks great so far .

Seems like the Dini backstory is back in-canon.

I wonder if we'll see Zee in her costume. She looks fab here already.

Zatara's fallen on hard times since losing Sindella and it feels like there's a riff between him and Zatanna because she doesn't want to continue her training?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Great article on magic.

https://vocal.media/geeks/magic-trouble-shooting

Now I want a Zatanna/Riddler cross over.

So much story potential here.
    A golden chance back then when Riddler is reformed during Paul Dini Detective Comic run. Would like to see Riddler approach Zatanna stage magic with his puzzle mentality. Would that make him similar like Val Valentino "The Masked Magician"?

Ouh would like to see Zatanna performing a free street magic with the poor folks and/or the impaired people. Could be a touching moment.

I hope Zatanna actress could learn some Sleight of Hands xd. I know it would take years, I guess they can complement it with theatrical charisma.

Anyway, Magic Showdown by Alex Garcia

Last edited by Mai Zen; 07-17-2022 at 09:09 AM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Latest chapter of Zatanna and The Ripper just came out.

Where:

spoilers:
    Zee gets mistaken for a lady of the night. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as she totally respects women in that profession!

(I hope this isn't the last we see of her in her stage outfit. Would be a waste of a great redesign)

Gets an old school shower scene.

Doesn't take quite well to Victorian Fashion.

Has to deal with people continually mispronouncing her name.

And thinks she's figured out the perfect spell to transport her home...even if narratively we all know better.
    end of spoilers

When you create a blog to talk about Zatanna but somehow end up spending all day answering questions about John Constantine: 🤡

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    When you create a blog to talk about Zatanna but somehow end up spending all day answering questions about John Constantine: ��
    That sounds kind of rough...

Latest chapter of Zatanna and The Ripper just came out.

Where:

spoilers:
    Zee gets mistaken for a lady of the night. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as she totally respects women in that profession!

(I hope this isn't the last we see of her in her stage outfit. Would be a waste of a great redesign)

Gets an old school shower scene.

Doesn't take quite well to Victorian Fashion.

Has to deal with people continually mispronouncing her name.

And thinks she's figured out the perfect spell to transport her home...even if narratively we all know better.
    end of spoilers
    I think this story is exactly what I had been looking for.

This is so much like that short in New Talent Showcase 2018 written by Ryan Cady.

Singer Dua Lipa is rumored to be playing Zatanna in a Zatanna movie. What do you think of that?