Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Welp, with the cancellation of Batgirl's movie we may as well kiss any chance of the Zatanna movie happening goodbye. Especially with Zaslav looking to cut $3B in deficiet at WB.

Only way a Zatanna movie is happening is if somebody convinces WB that it will somehow make a billion dollars.

Welp, with the cancellation of Batgirl's movie we may as well kiss any chance of the Zatanna movie happening goodbye. Especially with Zaslav looking to cut $3B in deficiet at WB.

Only way a Zatanna movie is happening is if somebody convinces WB that it will somehow make a billion dollars.
    I don't get why Batgirl was cancelled. Morbius was released twicr and it flopped both times I can't imagine Batgirl being worse

Might be a blessing in disguise.

I'm wondering if we're starting to reach the saturation point with superhero movies. A Zatanna movie might have hit at just the wrong time.

Honestly I'm kind of done with the Justice League Dark as a concept even if I want to see more of Zee and those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    *stealing*

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I don't get why Batgirl was cancelled. Morbius was released twicr and it flopped both times I can't imagine Batgirl being worse
    Morbius was an embarrassment to Sony (and a pretty hilarious one at that) but what's happening at WB is just grim.

I don't think it has anything to do with the actual quality of work but more to do with the massive amount of debt WBD is in thanks to AT&T and the current management's desire to move away from the vestiges of the old regime. They also canned a mostly completed Scooby Doo movie. They will probably can 'The Flash' as well. In fact, Batgirl might even be a test run for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post

I'm wondering if we're starting to reach the saturation point with superhero movies. A Zatanna movie might have hit at just the wrong time.
    Yeah, nothing about Abrams being involved and it being a JLD project made it appealing.

You may be right about people looking for something besides superheroes. Look at the monstrous hit that was Top Gun 2 and compare that to the performance of MoM and Thor: Love and Thunder. But I think that has less to do with the genre itself and more to do with the shifting of audiences tastes and performances. I enjoyed Marvel's Infinity Saga but now that it's been done, are the same number of people ready to see it again with Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I'm kind of done with the Justice League Dark as a concept even if I want to see more of Zee and those characters.
    I was done with Vol 1.

I want to see Zee free wheeling around the DCU with her own supporting cast and love interests.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think a Zatanna movie would actually do quite well. Or at least a limited series on HBOMax. Test the waters to see if there is enough of an audience for a big budget film.
    Assassinate Putin!

We would love to see it happen and a live action Zatanna can absolutely work. It's just that the chances of seeing one just hit an all time low.

Apparently Abrams is going to do Constantine but that’s it, everything else has been cancelled. I think the only reason he’s getting to do Constantine is so WBD gets something out of him before kicking him out the door lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post

You may be right about people looking for something besides superheroes. Look at the monstrous hit that was Top Gun 2 and compare that to the performance of MoM and Thor: Love and Thunder. But I think that has less to do with the genre itself and more to do with the shifting of audiences tastes and performances. I enjoyed Marvel's Infinity Saga but now that it's been done, are the same number of people ready to see it again with Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars?
    Have been wondering with how Phase 5 (outside of Spider-Man obvs) turned out if the fad has finally begun to fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently Abrams is going to do Constantine but that’s it, everything else has been cancelled. I think the only reason he’s getting to do Constantine is so WBD gets something out of him before kicking him out the door lol.
    Lets hope he has a plan this time. At time point, fingers crossed on *any* DC project seeing the light of day.

Have been wondering with how Phase 5 (outside of Spider-Man obvs) turned out if the fad has finally begun to fade.
    Some people dropped out after Endgame.

I'm mainly sticking around to see FF and Doom. Plus, I want to see where they go with Daredevil, Spider-Man, Dr Strange and Hercules.

But I think I will tap out or at least not be as invested in the MCU after Secret Wars. Maybe I will check out a project if it involves a character I like or if the project itself sounds intriguing. I like the X-Men but I am not a hard core fan. I already seen them in other mediums, the joy of the MCU to me, was always seeing characters I never thought would be adapted be adapted on screen.

I'm a casual Marvel fan; the MCU is my only real experience. I said after Endgame that I'd continue to watch but wouldn't be nearly as invested in them. That's turned out to be true. I saw Black Widow in the theater, probably because she was one of the originals. The other movies since then I've waited to watch at home. I haven't seen Love and Thunder or Morbius yet. I canceled my Disney+ sub last month. I watched half of Moon Knight and didn't get to Ms. Marvel.

I think they are canceling smaller projects. Batgirl was said to release only on HBO max. WBD wanted to save some tax money I guess.

We were promised a movie that will be released in theaters for Zee so I think we still have some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well, they booted out Constantine in the Arrowverse because of Abrams' Constantine, so they may as well do something with it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I can only hope.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Very interesting.