Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can imagine the stress isn't helping.

I am kind of curious if the Ripper stuff might just be "season 1" and if they have plans past when Zee gets back to the present-day.
    Well the cops in real life are also baffled and clueless against the Riddler.

Yeah curious about it, the story has clear goal of Zatanna to return to her era and fighting Allura to save her dad. Would like to see Allura dropping Sindella name and it's become the Season 2 story

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Well, we could still have story arcs even after the end of this. Maybe a S2 titled 'Zatanna & [insert character here]'.

She may be 21 but she has had her powers since she was a kid and her father has been training her for all her life up until this point.

It's understandable if she messes up the big spells and the whole 'my powers have been messed with' concept worked early on but messing up simple locator spells did bug me.
    In the season finale she opens a portal to go back to her time but ends up traveling to the late 60s. The last pannel says "To be continued in Season 2 - Zatanna and The Zodiac Killer".

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    In the season finale she opens a portal to go back to her time but ends up traveling to the late 60s. The last pannel says "To be continued in Season 2 - Zatanna and The Zodiac Killer".
    How many period outfits can we stuff Zatanna in ?

Season 3 - Zatanna vs Ted Bundy

Some of her Zatanna cosplay pics were posted earlier in the thread.

She is a great cosplayer. A dead ringer for YJ Zatanna.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Zatanna Jewel of Gravesend is not for me.

Zatanna Jewel of Gravesend is not for me.
    Oh? I haven't gotten a chance to check it out.

It looked...interesting.

Her powers are nerfed because she's 21 and doesn't have much experience.
    Whereas in the main comics, she's twice that age? Batman's generation, not Nightwing's like in the Young Justice cartoon?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Whereas in the main comics, she's twice that age? Batman's generation, not Nightwing's like in the Young Justice cartoon?
    Yep.

But we don't know when her Webtoon is taking place in. No other heroes mentioned thus far.

I haven't read it yet but here are thoughts from someone who has on Reddit:

Thoughts on Zatanna: Jewel Of Gravesend?
    It’s okay. It isn’t the next big hit for Zee but it’s a nice read.

-The colors are really outstanding for me.

-The way the spells are written bothers me: Correct Way: Cotton Candy - Nottoc Ydnac Wrong Way (the one they used in the book): Cotton Candy - ydnaC nottoC (There’s a good reason behind this change so it’s more of a personal preference)

-A lot of Easter eggs from other stories like name dropping.

-Z’s squad reminded me of her squad from Mystik U

-I like how they handle Z’s stage panic but she kinda get over it quickly but not much of an issue.

-Allura is the mother of Z’s boyfriend.

-The mistery in book is wether the Star family is Z’s family (she discovers that she’s adopted).

-Ezra wanted Zatara dead but Allura put a spell on him instead, to keep Ezra Star on a leash.

-Lola Star isn’t involve in her husband’s plan nor is the father of Alexei (Zee’s bf)

-Flopsy is lovely (the pet bunny)

-The final battle is a tad rushed.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I haven't read it yet but here are thoughts from someone who has on Reddit:

Thoughts on Zatanna: Jewel Of Gravesend?

Link
    That explains why the "parents'" names are different.

Got the first glimpse of Zatanna in the upcoming Batman vs Robin event and spoilers:
    she's hanging from her neck. The plot is some kind of a magic war unleashed by Damian. Constantine and Etrigan are affected as well. I will keep my fingers crossed because it's Waid but so far this event smells like stale fish.
    end of spoilers.

Zee should go back to mindwiping criminals. It was a gold mine of interesting ideas that could've been explored more thoroughly. Unfortunately the only ones that got to benefit from it were Batman and catwoman. Their writers made such shitty decisions that degraded other heros so much that it was best to ignore it all.
    I can't remember even one thing that was mentioned to be a good outcome of the mindwipes. Like they didn't even try.

Eh... "benefitted" isn't the word I'd use for what that plot line did to Selina's character development in the 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Eh... "benefitted" isn't the word I'd use for what that plot line did to Selina's character development in the 2000s
    Oh poor Selina. Look what the evil JL did to her. She doesn't know who she is. All the good she has done has gone to waste. She broke up with Bruce. Murdered black mask. Had a baby where the father is a mystery. Give up the baby.

It was such dirty tactic to garner sympathy like this especially the baby parts.

And in the end had Zee say - Oh you got it all wrong. You were already good when I mindwiped you. Sorry I didn't tell you that before.

I used "benefitted" as in benefitted from a extremely popular event (Identity crisis) to make themselves more interesting at the expense of making other heros look like ****.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 08-21-2022 at 03:52 AM.