Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1267

New webisode!

spoilers:
    I like how Zee is owning the "Tramp Magician" moniker and is teaching young girls how wonderful magic can be. And we get more insight to how difficult magic can be.

I guess she'll be playing a lady of the night after all...
    end of spoilers

Uh I hope Zee adopting the little girl as her apprentice

Zatanna by Des Taylor (Link)

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

A few more by the same artist (Des Taylor):

This and the magazine cover are my favourites:

There's a character in Mark Millar's Magic order who has the same gimmick as Zatanna. Her name is Cordelia Moonstone. She's pretty cool.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 09-01-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Des Taylor's style fits Zee to a T .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Zatanna by Des Taylor (Link)

It's gorgeous! The artstyle giving me either vintage or 80s city pop vibes which make me remember about this song, "Plastic Love" by Mariya Takeuchi

I mean just add top hat in the cover and You can get Zatanna vibe xd, especially with that warm gentle smile. I feel like the theme and lyrics of the song are fitting with Zatanna loves life in Silver Age and in Zatanna everyday magic

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Wowza, that's a fresh short haired Zee
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 09-02-2022 at 06:01 AM.

Have any of you read Mark Millar's Magic Order? It's so good. He definitely had Zatanna, Zatara and a number of Vertigo characters in mind when writing this. I'd hate to find out someday that he came to DC with this idea and they turned him down so he went to image comics and wrote this brilliant series.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 09-02-2022 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Short-haired Zee feels weird but this looks amazing .

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Have any of you read Mark Millar's Magic Order? It's so good. He definitely had Zatanna, Zatara and a number of Vertigo characters in mind when writing this. I'd hate to find out someday that he came to DC with this idea and they turned him down so he went to image comics and wrote this brilliant series.
    The series is fine for what it is. I've only read the first two issues but I don't want to see Zatanna characterized like Cordelia Moonstone.

For those who haven't read it: Cordelia is the daughter of a stage magician, born to one of her father's infidelities with a stage assistant, her powers kicked when she was being aborted and her fetus self flew into a nurse and impregnated her. She spent her school years doing death defying stories, tells inappropriate stories at kids birthday parties, fucks the wrong guys (including the Dad of the one of the kids birthday parties she is performing at), gets drunk often, no stranger to getting arrested and shows up late (and drunk) to funerals.

Definitely not what we would like to see from Zatanna.

Stuff like this is very fascinating to me, I wouldn't mind if Zee, like Houdini had a side hustle exposing fake mediums and magicians:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The series is fine for what it is. I've only read the first two issues but I don't want to see Zatanna characterized like Cordelia Moonstone.

For those who haven't read it: Cordelia is the daughter of a stage magician, born to one of her father's infidelities with a stage assistant, her powers kicked when she was being aborted and her fetus self flew into a nurse and impregnated her. She spent her school years doing death defying stories, tells inappropriate stories at kids birthday parties, fucks the wrong guys (including the Dad of the one of the kids birthday parties she is performing at), gets drunk often, no stranger to getting arrested and shows up late (and drunk) to funerals.

Definitely not what we would like to see from Zatanna.
    Actually her behavior is a big part of the twist in the end. The twist wouldn't make sense if she wasn't like that.

New webtoon episode!

spoilers:
    Zee looks amazing in red, even if she's not as adept as a call girl.

I'm sure some will take pleasure in seeing Constantine get arrested .
    end of spoilers

Spoiler for Dark Crisis #4

spoilers:
    We finally got the answer to why they didn't build a statue for Zatanna. According to Alan Scott, building a statue for a magic user is bad MOJO dangerous so instead they made a portrait of her.

I hope when the League gets back they destroy these tributes. I don't want to see statues of the league in the front yard while Zee's portrait catches dust in the basement.

Also why is her coat two times her size? I've seen this done by other artists too. Do they think that's how she's supposed to be drawn these days?

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Edwin30; 09-06-2022 at 09:03 AM.