Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1267

I mean Etrigan admit he can't break the spelll, He just using the key.

Also it's nice to see still having her himbo harems xd

I always imagine Zee has a much more active sex life off-panel when writers aren't sticking her and John Constantine together...

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I was going through some Zee stories looking for some original villains that could be adapted to the big screen. I thought the puppet from the 2010 run had some potential. Now a living puppet villain would obviously be compared to Chucky and that franchise is quite popular on its own. However the idea of a puppet master villain sounds unique. He could use magic to control a lot of different life size puppets that would look great with practical effects and a bit of cgi. A magician and a puppeteer fighting for the stage sounds so natural.

So I went through the story again and I didn't like how Dini ended it. The punishment for murder is jail but being turned into a puppet for so long seems so ridiculously cruel but that's what Zatara did and he wiped his Zee's memory of it too. I'd be happy if Dini hadn't touched Zatara at all because Zee looked up to him. He was the ideal heroic father. The story just ended with the villain being turned back into a puppet and then getting locked inside a milk can.

I want to make Paul Dini write a better ending for the villain. I want him to -
    1) Give a good reason why Zatara didn't release him sooner.
    2) Get him out of that puppet and show what his family been doing if they're still alive.
    3) Maybe get his jail sentence reduced for all the time spent as a puppet.
    I think the point of the story was that her father wasn't perfect and he too made mistakes and Zee mind wiping other characters may have been sub consciously influenced by her father mind wiping her in the past. As for why he wasn't released sooner, I think either Zatara forgot (oops) or thought the guy deserved to be a puppet forever (even Zee, scarily enough seems to agree before getting turned into a puppet herself).

If we're talking good live action villain possibilities:

Allura: Arguably her arch enemy and the one responsible for her father's disappearance and kicked off her debut arc and reappeared a few times since. The main problem with Allura is her lacking any motivation or backstory for hating the Zatara's.

My pitch for her is to base her on the myth of La Llalora. Either she is the actual supernatural being from Mexian folklore or just inspired by her. Maybe an ex lover or rival of Zatara who resents him for leaving her for someone else. Hence why she targets both Zatara and Zatanna.

The Druid: He rules over a sub atomic world and his power is absorbing magical attacks. I think that makes a pretty good opponent for Zee. Someone who is immune to her magical powers. Plus, a sub atomic magical world is unique within the DCU.

The Great Caligro: He appeared in DC Comics Presents #18 in which Superman and Zee teamed up. He is a stage magician who resents the Zataras for having real magic. I always thought he was an interesting concept for a villain. Especially since he was bad at stage magic and the minute he gets real magical powers, he goes on a rampage.

Adam: He is the leader of a cult who tried to replicate Zee's Homo Magi abilities within himself. But he ends up biting more power than he can chew and Zee ends up rescuing him. I wasn't a fan of how this particular story ended but I like the concept of the villain and think that he could have been utilized better.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dem thighs .

Also all her staff look like chippendale's. No shame though.
    Zee gets what she wants.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Two more weeks till we get some Zatanna exclusive content. I may be written by THE MEG but it's still solo Zee stuff that we rarely get.

Two more weeks till we get some Zatanna exclusive content. I may be written by THE MEG but it's still solo Zee stuff that we rarely get.
    I'm laughed at THE MEG, but I hope with heavy criticism of the recent Young Justice run, she discouraged to take controversial takes. I hate the notion of "Controversy Sells" is kinda true. Beside so far the dream sequences of other characters are putting them in a good spotlight or at least respecting them (or did I miss something?) , so I hope THE MEG could follow suit.

Anyway I remember seeing You liking a post about vintage song titled "Top Hat, White Tie and Tails". It's really a fun and energetic song, I would love to see pizzazz Zee singing it or the song used on one of her sequences.

Last edited by Mai Zen; 11-05-2022 at 05:49 AM.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot she still has a Dark Crisis story...

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I'm laughed at THE MEG, but I hope with heavy criticism of the recent Young Justice run, she discouraged to take controversial takes. I hate the notion of "Controversy Sells" is kinda true. Beside so far the dream sequences of other characters are putting them in a good spotlight or at least respecting them (or did I miss something?) , so I hope THE MEG could follow suit.

Anyway I remember seeing You liking a post about vintage song titled "Top Hat, White Tie and Tails". It's really a fun and energetic song, I would love to see pizzazz Zee singing it or the song used on one of her sequences.

Yeah. I didn't know Tom King was quoting Cher in Heroes in Crisis

Astonishing Member

Batty and Zanny in their fake worlds.

Oddly enough they are both out of those worlds already in the regular DCOIE series. I think the GA/BC didn't even match what's going on.

DC Preview: Batman vs. Robin #3

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/04/dc...an-vs-robin-3/

Mark Waid's Batman vs Robin is the biggest FU to magic characters.

Remember when everyone was saying the next crisis is gonna be a magic one. This is not what I expected.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 11-06-2022 at 10:55 AM.

I'm kinda optimistic about Meghan Fitzmartin writing Zee. Especially because she has shown that she's not afraid to criticize the previous writers. I hope she points out the misogyny of writers constantly tying her down to being Constantine's miserable girlfriend and crying about her dead father all day.

The new costume resembles her satellite era costume. I hope Zee uses it to mark the end of her stupid goth phase by burning her JLD costume like black canary did that one time
    Last edited by Edwin30; 11-06-2022 at 11:24 AM.

What are everyone's favorite Zee moments?

Zatanna #15 is one of m favorites where she has to fight for her life while her vocal cords were damaged and she had to fend for herself.

I always liked this moment where she manages to turn the tables on her assailants:

James Gunn, the new CEO of DC Studios wants to hear from the fans. Let him know what you want for our Mistress of Magic.

"Opened up Twitter at the end of a long, creative weekend to see the many tweets to #SaveLegendsofTomorrow & #ReleaseTheAyerCut & fan support for other DC projects over the years. The majority of these requests were enthusiastic & respectful.

As the new (& first ever) CEOs of DC Studios, Peter & I think it’s important we acknowledge you, the fans, & let you know we hear your different desires for the pathways forward for DC.

Although our ability to interact on Twitter has been lessened due to the workload of our new positions, we are listening & open to everything as we embark on this journey, & will continue to do so for the next few years.

But all our initial focus is on the story going forward, hammering out the new DCU, & telling the Biggest Story Ever Told across multiple films, television shows, & animated projects.

We invite all of the DC fandoms from across the multiverse — and everyone else as well — into this new universe. We can’t wait to reveal more."
    https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...36397336698880

I'm kinda optimistic about Meghan Fitzmartin writing Zee. Especially because she has shown that she's not afraid to criticize the previous writers. I hope she points out the misogyny of writers constantly tying her down to being Constantine's miserable girlfriend and crying about her dead father all day.

The new costume resembles her satellite era costume. I hope Zee uses it to mark the end of her stupid goth phase by burning her JLD costume like black canary did that one time
    I hope her classic look being in Lazarus Planet is a sign of things to come.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/