Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    She's not Constantine but writers need to stop infantilizing her. Zatanna suffers a lot from this because of the way her magic works. Give her a challenge that she can't overcome with a simple spell. Horror will be best to portray characters like UDM who can give that kind of challenge.

If you want me to take magic seriously, don't give me bewitched cause that only works in a sitcom.
    I mean, I don't think having fun or splashy magic or style means a character is being inftanilized. It's not like her villains in the Dini run were treated like complete jokes, they were horror characters.

I just don't see Zee as a horror character. You can give her challenges but I don't think of her as a dark or moody character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't think having fun or splashy magic or style means a character is being inftanilized. It's not like her villains in the Dini run were treated like complete jokes, they were horror characters.

I just don't see Zee as a horror character. You can give her challenges but I don't think of her as a dark or moody character.
    The way she dealt with her villains was infantilizing. I never said she has to have a dark or moody character.
    Her villains in Dini's run weren't horror characters. The Nightmare demon and the puppet were adorable. Brother night and mammon were lame.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Blame the New 52 and putting her on JLD, essentially the horror Justice League.

She isn't, nor has she ever been, a dark character. But when you put her in with the JLD and Constantine (who is basically "I will screw over and kill everyone I care about in one way or another" the bloke) and she gets drawn into it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    The way she dealt with her villains was infantilizing. I never said she has to have a dark or moody character.
    Her villains in Dini's run weren't horror characters. The Nightmare demon and the puppet were adorable. Brother night and mammon were lame.
    I think Brother Night was a Supernatural character if not outright scary and the puppet was a horror character in an R.L. Stine kind of way.

But if you want her to be in the horror genre...doesn't one imply the other?

I also think Zatanna shouldn't be a horror character, she should have some black comedy at the most, I'd like to see her portrayed like Bayonetta. as a powerful, confident and glamorous magician who beats her enemies with style

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I also think Zatanna shouldn't be a horror character, she should have some black comedy at the most, I'd like to see her portrayed like Bayonetta. as a powerful, confident and glamorous magician who beats her enemies with style
    British as well?

I was happy to see the return of the stage outfit and pigging out Zee in the latest webtoon episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    British as well?
    Well, she's Italian...

Zee, in the classic costume no less, apparently made a cameo in the new Batgirls comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Zee, in the classic costume no less, apparently made a cameo in the new Batgirls comic.
    And with shorter hair .

Zatanna in the upcoming Power Girl back up in Action Comics

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zatanna in the upcoming Power Girl back up in Action Comics

This is a female team-up with amazing art I can get behind .

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    They clearly drew her in an incorrect costume. The writers realised, and added a line about it being laundry day and fishnets still being in fashion. Doesn't explain the hair though - has Zee EVER had short hair?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-14-2022 at 06:20 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They clearly drew her in an incorrect costume. The writers realised, and added a line about it being laundry day and fishnets still being in fashion. Doesn't explain the hair though - has Zee EVER had short hair?
    Yeah, I think when she first appeared.

Dc vs Vampires had Zee's hair in a bun lately.

Hi, I don't have as much time as before to post on here.

Regarding the discussion on the previous pages:

I don't think Zatanna needs to be a horror character to be taken seriously nor do I agree about the backwards magic needing to be dropped. Casting spells backwards is what makes her unique. Writers just need to give it some clearly defined limits. Even if she switched to using magic items it's not going to make much of a difference if writers don't give those objects limits.

Zatanna is an inherently lighter character which means you could have her in both light and dark stories without much problem.

Can't call it an incorrect costume since people change clothes all the time IRL.

Zee had short hair in her when she was introduced and maybe in a reference to that she had short hair in some of the flashbacks in Dini's 'Black Canary/Zatanna: Bloodspell' OGN.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly