Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1267

Great to see You back!

Yeah I think it does need efforts to make a clear defined limit especially with DC diverse magic systems. Nevertheless I think it would be great to see have some limitations to Zatanna as long as she written as competent and active fighter. But how do You clearly define it? I mean even movie Dr. Strange can do a lot of things, the first movie is quite grounded tho.

Would 80s Zatanna where She can only control 4 nature elements is a good basis? The backward speech is her way to cut mana cost by commanding the energy around. She can use other way of magic like hand waving for a quick reaction albeit with higher cost. I think the activation of Homo Magi Medulla Jewel could be a clear mark of Zee character progression as she become more knowledgable skillful and powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Zatanna doesn't need to go crazy like Wanda and she will be better already. /sarcasm.
    Oh I'm mostly on cold on control wrath rather than blind rage, You know like on Attack on Titan when Levi fighting against Beast Titan and perhaps Supes against Fatal Five (?). You do have point, righteous anger should be balanced with compassion and reasons so they don't fall to wanton vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They clearly drew her in an incorrect costume. The writers realised, and added a line about it being laundry day and fishnets still being in fashion. Doesn't explain the hair though - has Zee EVER had short hair?
    yeps like what Frontier and John Venus said, Zee sporting short curly hair back then. The looks on Batgirls issue does give her retro femme fatale vibe xd

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Oh I'm mostly on cold on control wrath rather than blind rage, You know like on Attack on Titan when Levi fighting against Beast Titan and perhaps Supes against Fatal Five (?). You do have point, righteous anger should be balanced with compassion and reasons so they don't fall to wanton vengeance

yeps like what Frontier and John Venus said, Zee sporting short curly hair back then. The looks on Batgirls issue does give her retro femme fatale vibe xd
    Even with just elemental magic she'd still be op since she could just go ria evael sgnul or doolb liob and beat most people.

I think another way to set what she can or can't do is think what she would do. like for example Superman could throw all his villains into the sun but won't because his character would not do something like that under normal circumstances.

So i think basing her spellcasting around her personality could be a good idea. Zatanna strikes me as someone who is always performing, even in a battle or rescue mission or whatever, I think her magic would usually be showy and dramatic intead of practical and efficient. That way when she drops her stage persona you'd know she's really pissed and about to ruin whoever got her to that point

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Even with just elemental magic she'd still be op since she could just go ria evael sgnul or doolb liob and beat most people.

I think another way to set what she can or can't do is think what she would do. like for example Superman could throw all his villains into the sun but won't because his character would not do something like that under normal circumstances.

So i think basing her spellcasting around her personality could be a good idea. Zatanna strikes me as someone who is always performing, even in a battle or rescue mission or whatever, I think her magic would usually be showy and dramatic intead of practical and efficient. That way when she drops her stage persona you'd know she's really pissed and about to ruin whoever got her to that point
    She can technically just say 'eid' and beat anyone. But I don't think she is a killer and wold likely try to incapacitate rather than outright kill.

I agree that her spell casting should be patterned after her personality though.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She can technically just say 'eid' and beat anyone. But I don't think she is a killer and wold likely try to incapacitate rather than outright kill.

I agree that her spell casting should be patterned after her personality though.
    I'm not sure that would work.

Toward the end of Dini's run, one of the villains tries to use Zachary's power to kill Zatanna and it backfires. Zee says their powers don't work on living tissue.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I love a good WW/Zatanna team-up .

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post

Toward the end of Dini's run, one of the villains tries to use Zachary's power to kill Zatanna and it backfires. Zee says their powers don't work on living tissue.
    Paul Dini got abruptly left out on Zatanna book on that time and subtituted with writers that don't have similar understanding of her powers like Paul Dini. I mean Zatanna back then transform some folks to doves. I think it's stated somewhere Zachary power is different than Zatanna in which he can't affecting living being. The writers got confused there
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 12-22-2022 at 05:48 PM.

Zachary's powers don't work on living things. That's been a thing since he first appeared in 52 and the Teen Titans.

She says "our powers" so I took that to mean hers as well.

She has turned humans into doves, Nimue into a sloth (I think it was a sloth) and Zatara turned Oscar into a puppet. So maybe continuity was broken there. I kind of take it that she can't turn living things into dead things.

She says "our powers" so I took that to mean hers as well.

She has turned humans into doves, Nimue into a sloth (I think it was a sloth) and Zatara turned Oscar into a puppet. So maybe continuity was broken there. I kind of take it that she can't turn living things into dead things.
    I looked it up and it was #14 written by Adam Beechen. A fill in issue. Probably a mistake on his part as no other issue prior or after #14 supports that claim. In fact, Beechen also wrote #16, the final issue of Zatanna's ongoing and she is able to use her powers on living things just fine.

Ah, I see someone's been reading the Judgement in Infinity arc. Wish someone would do a redo of that one.

I haven't really been paying attention - and I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt - but I guess the Zatanna movie isn't dead yet? Supposedly there was a leak of five DC projects Gunn is going to announce, and the Zee movie is one of them.

https://wikiofnerds.com/potential-le...-the-new-year/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That list.....sounds very fake.

Does anyone here play Bayonetta 3? There's a weapon that pretty much turns her into a Zatanna and is one of the funnest weapons in the game

I haven't really been paying attention - and I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt - but I guess the Zatanna movie isn't dead yet? Supposedly there was a leak of five DC projects Gunn is going to announce, and the Zee movie is one of them.

Hmm cool if it's true

It’s from 4chan so don’t put much stock in it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/