Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

I enjoyed Alyssa's Marvel Pride entry. It was charming, and I echo that sentiment of connectivity to Drag Brunch with Loki. Seeing the bond these young heroes share, and their continued involvement in each other's lives is such a joy. The throne room flirtation portion was a particular gem, from the nonchalant and utterly informal way Billy chooses to drape himself over his seat, to their whimsical banter about the consequences of sharing information during sex. I love my Royals flirty and horny.

And speaking of Oliveira's impending first issue of Young Avengers, what are we calling it?
    Anthony's YA?
    The book of Tony?
    The GOSPEL according to Tony?
    Oliveira's Opus?

I'm kidding.

Needless to say, Wednesday's release cannot come swift enough. I wonder which members are involved in this story, beyond Iron Lad.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The downside of those Infinity Comics is that there's so little promotion and just no previews, so we have no idea what the story even is about. Also, I haven't seen a single post about it on Marvel's official social media. If people weren't following the Iceman comic and saw the little note at the end, they wouldn't know about it. I can't help but feel a little frustrated that this is the treatment a new Young Avengers comic is getting after all this time without one. Sigh.

But I'm so desperate I'll take it. I haven't renewed my Marvel Unlimited subscription for ages 'cause I kinda stopped reading most comics and preferred to just stick to individual digital purchases, but I guess now's the time to come back. I'll probably stay subscribed until the mini ends, unless there are more announcements to come from the service.

Oh, and just a heads up to anyone who reads comics through... erm, ''alternative'' ways. I don't think those websites are uploading Infinity Comics anymore, so y'all gonna have to subscribe for real or find someone who's willing to share an MU account with you if you really want to read it. lol

To the absolute shock and awe of precisely no one: Anthony delivers. He slaps. He crushes. He tugs at your heart strings. He goes all in and this PARADOX LOST story is gonna be WILD y'all.

Its so sad about the colorist. I had read a while back, maybe in April or May(?) that he'd passed away. I didn't know he'd been hired for this job. He did an amazing job with the colors. They really elevated the art and gave that extra cosmic OOMF.

As for the line work: Inconsistent?
    Okay ONE thing in particular that irked me: The replication of preexisting Young Avenger imagery by other artists. There are panels with obvious "adaptations" to other artists' work, like two from Jim Cheung, one from Olivier Coipel and a few areas were giving me strong Stephen Byrne vibes. Did this affect anyone else?

The story, however, is pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, and just a heads up to anyone who reads comics through... erm, ''alternative'' ways. I don't think those websites are uploading Infinity Comics anymore, so y'all gonna have to subscribe for real or find someone who's willing to share an MU account with you if you really want to read it. lol
    One of those sites has a .ru address i.e. they're based in Russia. I wonder if their access to Marvel Unlimited was blocked? Most of them are on there, just not Iceman's, which is the most recent one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    To the absolute shock and awe of precisely no one: Anthony delivers. He slaps. He crushes. He tugs at your heart strings. He goes all in and this PARADOX LOST story is gonna be WILD y'all.

Its so sad about the colorist. I had read a while back, maybe in April or May(?) that he'd passed away. I didn't know he'd been hired for this job. He did an amazing job with the colors. They really elevated the art and gave that extra cosmic OOMF.

As for the line work: Inconsistent?
    Okay ONE thing in particular that irked me: The replication of preexisting Young Avenger imagery by other artists. There are panels with obvious "adaptations" to other artists' work, like two from Jim Cheung, one from Olivier Coipel and a few areas were giving me strong Stephen Byrne vibes. Did this affect anyone else?

The story, however, is pristine.
    I KNEW that America was traced from Jim Cheung! I honestly don’t know how Marvel let things like that slide. If we noticed, Iam sure editors knew about it and approved anyway.

So while the art was mostly good, it did irk me a bit.

But the story was great. I wasn’t expecting much, but I’m pretty hooked. It’s great to see so many Young Avengers will play some kind of role.

1 thing that bugged me & this is really small Billy's throne just randomly dissappear sometimes more so when they lean into the court wizard BS but like he's still the Prince Consort his throne is allowed. Other than that loving it seems like Loki won't be in this also no Noh, also when they showed the people Nate trust most I would have gladly swapped out David & America for Eli he doesn't know them.

Also the greatest fears I truly hope the characters they showed will be featured I can't even imagine what Tommy's greatest fear/regret would be.

Also Jonas lowkey made a return?

Also I will always find Mur'gnn obsolete when Billy is right there I'm sorry I just do.
    Last edited by Journey; 06-29-2022 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I KNEW that America was traced from Jim Cheung! I honestly don’t know how Marvel let things like that slide. If we noticed, Iam sure editors knew about it and approved anyway.

So while the art was mostly good, it did irk me a bit.

But the story was great. I wasn’t expecting much, but I’m pretty hooked. It’s great to see so many Young Avengers will play some kind of role.

Oh god. That’s very blatant tracing. He didn’t even bother to update Billy and Teddy’s looks.

Doesn't look like tracing at all to me, just intentional reproductions of past iconic images of the characters. They're clearly not just traced because they have a lot of key differences in shape, they're just meant to look like these previous references to establish the character. There's a difference between tracing (Joelle Jones putting Wonder Girl and Donna Troy in exact poses from Larraz X-artwork) and drawing based on a reference but drawing a new image.

Yeah that’s not tracing—it’s just references to iconic images of the characters.

I do wonder if there is an "umbrella ownership clause" or something that allows for Marvel's artists to make these kinds of reference photo image recreations etc. and its just kind of fine? Like once you contract with Marvel your work is their work so people can reuse it for whatever?

I'm not necessarily outraged, but I'm moreso disappointed by unoriginal images is all.

Y'all seem more bothered by 1 page more than excited we finally got a YA comic after 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y'all seem more bothered by 1 page more than excited we finally got a YA comic after 8 years.
    Ugh. That's on me. Sorry fam. Journey's right, and I should be celebrating instead of fixating on nonsense.
    The book is terrific. Anthony has such a way with words and establishing scope and really digging into the emotions of the reader.
    I'm so excited by so much of what he established.

Kris vs. Natty!
    The Arakki / Shi'Ar alliance!
    The M'KRANN's return!
    Billy's magical vibes!
    Teddy's continued kindness (regarding the space whales)

THE CLIFFHANGERRRRR!!!
    This arc is going to be incredible. I wish we k new how long its expected to last!

CHECK IT: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...thony-oliveira
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-29-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Hulkling is in X-Men: Red this week but doesn't do much. He's just there to talk politics.