Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think either it was never a thing or they just thought it wouldn't make sense if Villain Wanda was in the cards all along, what truly is the point of aging up those variant version of the twins if their not even hers.
    The leak doesn't say the variants are the ones who are aged up.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    In the climax where America teleports Wanda into the AU Maximoff house, the boys freak out and say 'The witch is back!'. What did they mean by that when they never encountered her before? So the possibility of there being a scene involving a fight between Scarlet Witch and their mom that got left on the editing floor makes sense. I don't know about the twins getting aged up though. That leaked plot is incredibly detailed otherwise but is very vague on that one aspect so could have been a misinterpretation or misunderstanding on someone's part.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know, it's hard to see what could be misinterpreted there when there was no Billy/Tommy scene at the end at all. I'm not sure what they could look at and think ''wow, this must mean there is an older Billy and Tommy in this ending''. This person must've had access to an early script of some kind, and there was something there that led them to the belief Billy and Tommy had one final scene that didn't make it to the final cut. Even if they weren't aged up, it looks like SOMETHING was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The leak doesn't say the variants are the ones who are aged up.

I don't know, it's hard to see what could be misinterpreted there when there was no Billy/Tommy scene at the end at all. I'm not sure what they could look at and think ''wow, this must mean there is an older Billy and Tommy in this ending''. This person must've had access to an early script of some kind, and there was something there that led them to the belief Billy and Tommy had one final scene that didn't make it to the final cut. Even if they weren't aged up, it looks like SOMETHING was cut.
    Hmm IDK my theory is after seeing how popular Agatha was maybe they changed some things for her show & wanna use Julian & Jett there one last time aging up the twins there would definitely give the show some much needed purpose which it seems to be lacking as we're going into it it's like the only thing I can think off.

I still don't think the 616 versions of the twins are dead otherwise they would have brought that varriant pair back in MOM

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    The Richards family should not exist in 616 since He Who Remains was trying to prevent another Kang from being born.
    A moot point as Loki ends with the rebirth of the multiverse, so He Who Remains has already failed

Extraordinary Member

My theory -- and my theories are almost always wrong, like most people's -- is that they may have been intending to launch Young Avengers until "WandaVision" became more popular than expected. We got an almost immediate announcement of an Agatha Harkness spinoff, and there are credible rumors of a Scarlet Witch project to shoot sometime in 2023. If the rumors come true, then maybe the Young Avengers got bumped by the witches.

I'm sure they will do Young Avengers, but I had expected them to introduce more of them by now (especially assuming the Billy and Tommy from the movie are not the ones we'll be seeing again).

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    Krasinski
    end of spoilers is not in the main universe. With their terrible treatment in MoM, I kinda think Feige wanted to torpedo that fancasting idea deliberately.
    His tv show just ended so that he's free to do other projects and all the scoopers who leaked his involvement in the film were saying that his (brief) role was basically an audition tape to play the character in the main continuity. It's almost certain at this point that he'll be playing that character in the main MCU. I agree that those characters were treated awfully in MoM though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was going through some old leaks for Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness just to be sure I wasn't remembering it wrong, and I found this one from August 2021, which turned out to be surprisingly accurate for the most part. Some details were off, and it looks like some of the stuff might've been true but ended up being cut or changed after reshoots (there is at least one thing they mention here that we know was cut because of the film merch). This was, as far as I can tell, the most reliable leak from last year. I doubt this person was just a random with a lucky guess, because there are way too many details they got right. And yep, it DOES mention older Billy and Tommy appearing in the end.

So now the question is... was this cut? Did they give up on the idea? Or did it just happen to be one of the few things this person got wrong? The world might never know, but I just wanted to share because it is interesting to think about.
    I was going to post about that leak here soon but you beat me to it. It's definitely legit. It was posted and deleted on Reddit a few times over a year before the movie came out. This is why I was so pissed about the twins in MoM. I frequent the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit and someone leaked accurate plot info there about WandaVision several months before it premiered and they also were confident that the twins were going to be teenagers by the end of it.

They've punted on introducing Wiccan and Speed twice now and this is why my patience has ran out.

What meaningful way do y'all want? It's not like America has any worthwhile love interest.
    Seeing a gay character in a relationship is not the be-all, end-all of gay representation. Some of us just want to see openly gay characters kicking ass alongside the straight ones, they don't always need to be in a relationship.

Anyway the current rumour going around the Marvel spoiler grapevine is that they're planning "a Children's Crusade project", no word yet on whether it's supposed to be a movie or a Disney+ series. Presumably this is the Young Avengers project that they've been laying the groundwork for though.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 05-11-2022 at 07:11 PM.

If all y'all wanted was America kicking ass that's what y'all got so again IDK what more y'all wanted.

Also I gotta say MOM sets up the possibility of America having major beef with the twins & vice versa & I'm lowkey here for it.....

If all y'all wanted was America kicking ass that's what y'all got so again IDK what more y'all wanted.
    Wait, you're talking about the character that was damsel-in-distressed at least 3 times?

She got to save the day in the end though. Gaining confidence and becoming a hero was her character arc. America's role in this movie reminded me of how Rogue was used in the original X-men film, except the good version of that where she's given some agency
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-11-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    She got to save the day in the end though. Gaining confidence and becoming a hero was her character arc. America's role in this movie reminded me of how Rogue was used in the original X-men film, except the good version of that where she's given some agency
    spoilers:
    I'd hardly call creating a portal so Wanda can see the destructive ends of her means "kicking ass," though. It was closer to WW84's "with the power of love" finale. And this only happened after she was saved by Dr. Strange...uh-gain.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I don't want to add to the litany of complaints about the movie, but... it's not easy to write this kind of character in a sequel where she doesn't really belong (I don't envy being the original director the day Feige told him he was going to have to give Strange a wisecracking kid sidekick), but it felt like they avoided making her abrasive or unlikable, but at the expense of really giving her a personality. That's not Gomez's fault, obviously.

Again, it's not easy, because if she really got in Strange's face the audience would side with him against her -- because they know him, and they don't know her. But they could at least have let her show more spunk or ingenuity. spoilers:
    The original plot leak suggested there was a big climactic fight where she and Wanda are actually fighting while punching in and out of various universes. I don't know if this was ever actually shot, or if they just cut it and replaced it with that very short trip she and Strange take through other universes. But she really needed an opportunity to do something, especially since the ending was always just going to be that Wanda stops on her own.
    end of spoilers

I don't think this was a great place to introduce her, but what's done is done, and whoever inherits her will hopefully be able to toughen her up a bit.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-11-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to add to the litany of complaints about the movie, but... it's not easy to write this kind of character in a sequel where she doesn't really belong (I don't envy being the original director the day Feige told him he was going to have to give Strange a wisecracking kid sidekick), but it felt like they avoided making her abrasive or unlikable, but at the expense of really giving her a personality. That's not Gomez's fault, obviously.

Again, it's not easy, because if she really got in Strange's face the audience would side with him against her -- because they know him, and they don't know her. But they could at least have let her show more spunk or ingenuity. Supposedly

I don't think this was a great place to introduce her, but what's done is done, and whoever inherits her will hopefully be able to toughen her up a bit.
    Part of me thinks maybe they were hoping to avoid the "spicy Latina" trope? IDK, I can't say for sure.

Extraordinary Member

There was a leaked audition tape with the dialogue from the pizza scene where, as I recall, she came off as kind of a know-it-all. They supposedly reshot a lot of her scenes (Elizabeth Olsen wasn't in the reshoots, but Cumberbatch and Gomez were) and maybe they were trying to keep her from being rude or disrespectful to the star. It's sort of a longstanding rule that when a new character comes in and talks down to the established characters, we don't like them, because why are they being mean to this character we already know and like?

Again, it's kind of beating a dead horse to say this movie has script problems, but she just didn't get many opportunities to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    There was a leaked audition tape with the dialogue from the pizza scene where, as I recall, she came off as kind of a know-it-all. They supposedly reshot a lot of her scenes (Elizabeth Olsen wasn't in the reshoots, but Cumberbatch and Gomez were) and maybe they were trying to keep her from being rude or disrespectful to the star. It's sort of a longstanding rule that when a new character comes in and talks down to the established characters, we don't like them, because why are they being mean to this character we already know and like?

Again, it's kind of beating a dead horse to say this movie has script problems, but she just didn't get many opportunities to do anything.
    Oh yeah, they definitely wanted America to come off "likeable." I can't really say that I like/dislike MCU America. She was damsel-in-distressed a bit much, her powers were nerfed, and they tempered her personality. But that's not inherently bad considering they've done similar to many other MCU versions of comic characters. I'll have to wait for future appearances to really say whether or not I like MCU America.

Comics America, however, I am still ignoring that recent mini-series. F that noise.

Extraordinary Member

I still can't believe this is at least the second time (after Carol Danvers) that they've come out with a new origin story for a character only for the MCU to use something close to the original origin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Part of me thinks maybe they were hoping to avoid the "spicy Latina" trope? IDK, I can't say for sure.
    I mean, there are more nuanced ways to do this kind of trope. Wenwu(Mandarin) is still a somewhat menacing warlord/crimeboss. But he is more humanized/reasonable.