Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1396
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    MyTimeToShineHello has now tweeted that "Wiccan and Hulkid are not in Agatha". https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...not_in_agatha/

And now Charles Murphy is covering his ass by saying that he never said that Wiccan and Hulkling are in the show. https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...54169365250048

I'm so fucking over this drama. MTTSH isn't infallible, it's entirely possible that she's wrong about this although her choice of referring to Teddy as "Hulkid" is ambiguous. There's no way she doesn't know that Teddy is called Hulkling. She might just think she's being clever and saying "Wiccan and Hulkid" is not on the show meaning Hulk's kid Skaar, who some heterosexual people were claiming is going to replace Teddy.

The casting calls for gay characters are apparently real and backed up by multiple sources. This is what the mods on the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit are saying a "trusted source" told them. https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._the_fake_and/
    One of the twins is returning in Agatha, and there is a casting for a teenage boy listed with an Athletic build, who has a boyfriend. (Possibly Wiccan and Hulkling)

Some people are speculating that the casting calls are for background characters who aren't going to end up being Billy and Teddy but we've seen the calls, they're spot-on for Billy and Teddy, plus the one for the character who sounds just like Billy is described as a "lead" not just some minor character.
    I don't think he is covering his ass; more like he is clarifying he never confirmed anything in the original article he wrote, which was a speculation piece. Murphy is always pissy with that kind of stuff because he doesn't like when people claim he confirmed something he didn't, since that usually leads to a lot of misinformation about him. But either way, I trust the speculation of Murphy and the mods at MSS over MTTSH any day. I think they are way less likely to be baiting people with BS rumors compared to her.

And yeah, the fact that she can't even bring herself to write Hulkling's name properly is very funny to me. I can totally see her saying ''well, I never said HULKLING wasn't in the show'' if her tweet turns out to be wrong, because she never takes accountability for her wrong scoops. Ultimately, I think that's what sets someone like Murphy apart from her. He's very upfront about what he knows, what he thinks it's speculation, and he admits when he's wrong. That's why I'm always more inclined to trust him.

BTW, there are two other Twitter scoopers who are backing up this rumor, but I don't know enough about their reliability. I think one good thing about these news spreading is that now more people will be aware of it, which could lead to more sources trying to verify the story.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I'm doubtful that Hulkid was an auto-correct thing. If anything Hulkling would probably auto-correct to the word hulking. I do trust Murphy and the MSS mods over her as well but I'm tired of the debate and the speculation.

Assuming that the casting calls are indeed for Billy and Teddy I do think the idea that they'll just be Billy and Teddy on the show and not fully superheroes as "Wiccan" and "Hulkling" is very likely. The question then is; why is MTTSH splitting hairs like this? Like if there's reliable info that Billy and Teddy are going to be on the show why is she suddenly throwing it out there that "Wiccan and Hulkid" aren't on the show? Like is she a homophobe who just wants to rain on gay people's parade? Because making this claim just to turn around and say "well I was just saying their full-fledged superhero forms aren't on the show" doesn't make any sense.

Throwing this claim out there while multiple sources are saying that two gay teens who match Billy and Teddy's description near-perfectly are going to be on the show is just weird. Add in the whole "Hulkid" thing and it gets more suspicious. It legit feels like she's trolling to me.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 10-18-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm doubtful that Hulkid was an auto-correct thing. If anything Hulkling would probably auto-correct to the word hulking. I do trust Murphy and the MSS mods over her as well but I'm tired of the debate and the speculation.

Assuming that the casting calls are indeed for Billy and Teddy I do think the idea that they'll just be Billy and Teddy on the show and not fully superheroes as "Wiccan" and "Hulkling" is very likely. The question then is; why is MTTSH splitting hairs like this? Like if there's reliable info that Billy and Teddy are going to be on the show why is she suddenly throwing it out there that "Wiccan and Hulkid" aren't on the show? Like is she a homophobe who just wants to rain on gay people's parade? Because making this claim just to turn around and say "well I was just saying their full-fledged superhero forms aren't on the show" doesn't make any sense.

Throwing this claim out there while multiple sources are saying that two gay teens who match Billy and Teddy's description near-perfectly are going to be on the show is just weird. Add in the whole "Hulkid" thing and it gets more suspicious. It legit feels like she's trolling to me.
    Honestly, I get the impression this is just her trying to be the center of attention. Agatha is not really a show that was on her radar; at least I don't remember her scooping anything for it as much as she does for other stuff. Now that there's a big scoop about the show, and it has nothing to do with her, she wants to insert herself in the conversation.

Anyway, an interesting piece of information we got from this was the mods from MSS saying they believe the rumor because they heard ONE of the twins was appearing in the show. That just adds to my speculation Tommy is not in this, and those are not the same kids from WandaVision.

I'm just not about trusting these leaks about casting calls and stuff so much lately. We've had at least two occasions where people reported that and it turned out to be wrong. I can't think of which other characters it could be about, but it could also just not actually be for Agatha, or completely made up. Also hadn't everyone here already seen it and discussed it before Charles Murphy's post that got more attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm just not about trusting these leaks about casting calls and stuff so much lately. We've had at least two occasions where people reported that and it turned out to be wrong. I can't think of which other characters it could be about, but it could also just not actually be for Agatha, or completely made up. Also hadn't everyone here already seen it and discussed it before Charles Murphy's post that got more attention?
    From my own experience following leaks/scoops, I actually think casting call leaks tend to be the more reliable ones, and when one doesn't end up being fulfilled is not always a case of it being made up, but simply of plans changing. I believe this is exactly what happened to the Hulkling casting call from early 2020, just shortly before the pandemic kinda screwed everything up.

I also think it's strangely coincidental that out of the two times we've heard of a potential Teddy casting call in the MCU, it's been on shows with the same production team and featuring similar characters. Maybe that's just me being too optimistic, but I just feel like it's more likely that this means Marvel is getting to do something that was already planned as opposed to someone playing an elaborate prank on us for two years now.

And yes, we did discuss those calls before, but since more people are reporting it now, it's becoming a bigger topic, with new information coming in. Case in point: MTTSH getting involved to say it's not true. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-18-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I believe this is exactly what happened to the Hulkling casting call from early 2020, just shortly before the pandemic kinda screwed everything up.

I also think it's strangely coincidental that out of the two times we've heard of a potential Teddy casting call in the MCU, it's been on shows with the same production team and featuring similar characters. Maybe that's just me being too optimistic, but I just feel like it's more likely that this means Marvel is getting to do something that was already planned as opposed to someone playing an elaborate prank on us for two years now.
    This is my train of thought as well. On the assumption that these casting calls are indeed for Billy and Teddy, it's way too much of a coincidence that this is Marvel's second attempt at debuting them together in the same project. I think had the pandemic not happened, the twins would've aged to teenagers and we would've gotten the start of a romance plot with Billy and Teddy, but when it did, they decided to just cut it for the time being. But now they have another chance to have them debut in Agatha. Which further fuels my theory that as much as we (rightfully) give Marvel/Disney flack for their past stuff lacking good LGBT+ rep, they're prepared to go to bat for BillyTeddy. Plus, not that comic syngery necessarily means much as we've all discussed, there might have been syngery reason as to why Agatha was brought into their Infinity comic beyond Trujillo plotting it that way.

What if it's not Billy & Teddy & they swerve expectations & give us Tommy & David i would get such a kiki lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What if it's not Billy & Teddy & they swerve expectations & give us Tommy & David i would get such a kiki lmao
    I mean, let's be real, that would not happen for many reasons. But most of all, the casting calls did not specify black actors, so I say that pretty much rules out David.

After reading today's Midnight Suns I'm again wishing Marvel brought Billy into Marvel magic stories more.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    After reading today's Midnight Suns I'm again wishing Marvel brought Billy into Marvel magic stories more.
    Did Billy get to cameo or something?

Kathryn Hahn just revealed Agatha: Coven Of Chaos starts shooting in about a month, which is sooner than anyone expected. It's very possible ''Tyler'' and ''Patrick'' are cast by now, considering those casting calls have been out for a while. I need the trades to start dropping names soon. I'm prepared to go full investigation mode the moment we find out any twink/twunk has joined this cast.

Also, kinda funny filming will begin around the same time the new Wiccan & Hulkling webcomic (which may feature Agatha Harkness) will be published. This might be the most curious case of accidental (or maybe not) synergy I've ever seen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, let's be real, that would not happen for many reasons. But most of all, the casting calls did not specify black actors, so I say that pretty much rules out David.
    While I agree it is unlikely to be Prodigy, I wouldn't rule anything out based on the ethnicity of the actors. There have been plenty of examples of characters who had the racial background, their gender, their age, etc, altered for the live-action version (sometimes deliberately, sometimes because they decided to just leave the audition open to any ethnicity and just hired whomever they liked best).

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Did Billy get to cameo or something?
    No.
    Krakoa is expressing what many of us feel about Billy --it would be NICE if Billy was more commonly considered for inclusion in these kinds of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    No.
    Krakoa is expressing what many of us feel about Billy --it would be NICE if Billy was more commonly considered for inclusion in these kinds of stories.
    I guess the problem is Billy still technically doesn't do magic so he's an afterthought in these types of stories especially if they have access to Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    No.
    I was just hoping he at least got a "Oh Billy noticed the magic nonsense going on too" cameo.