Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They didn't have a Vision at the time. He replaced Iron Lad, and appeared after Speed did.
    Vision appeared in the first arc (the Kang/Iron Lad one). He did replace Iron Lad after he left, but Speed didn't come in until later.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think it was just that the Young Avengers team already had a Vision, so Billy's twin couldn't mirror the Vision's powers, so he became mini-Quicksilver instead.

They've always had some parallel with Wanda and Pietro because when they're born, Wanda points out how appropriate it is to have twins, since she and her brother are twins. However, the original idea in that story is that Billy can't be detected by any device, scientific or magical (which is why even Doctor Strange thought Wanda was only having one child). This was dropped when Young Avengers kinda/sorta brought them back.
    Ah so it's more outside reasons for them sharing similar powers and not something that was planned from the beginning.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    We make jokes about it but I'm curious if it was ever brought how Tommy and Billy basically mirror Pietro and Wanda in terms of their powers. That can't be a coincidence, right?
    It has been brought up in the comics. I don't remember by whom (maybe it was Billy himself), but the fact that they were named Billy and Tommy, looked like twins and had similar powers to the Maximoffs was one of the things that raised some eyebrows and led to the investigation of their origins. I mean, yeah, of course it wasn't a coincidence. Thematically, they were supposed to be the legacies of the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on the team. They even gave Tommy the signature white hair. The intention was very transparent.

They've always had some parallel with Wanda and Pietro because when they're born, Wanda points out how appropriate it is to have twins, since she and her brother are twins. However, the original idea in that story is that Billy can't be detected by any device, scientific or magical (which is why even Doctor Strange thought Wanda was only having one child). This was dropped when Young Avengers kinda/sorta brought them back.
    Sometimes I forget this was a plot point. I think it would be fun to tie it to Billy's current powers and his prophesized destiny, but yeah, it's more likely they just forgot about it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They didn't have a Vision at the time. He replaced Iron Lad, and appeared after Speed did.
    Vision appeared in the first arc (the Kang/Iron Lad one). He did replace Iron Lad after he left, but Speed didn't come in until later.
    Yeah, it's easy to forget since he's been gone for so long, but Jonas was actually introduced for the first time right at the end of the first arc, when we see that the armor that Nate left behind ''came to life'' somehow. Later on, right on the first issue of the second arc, we got to understand what that was. Tommy was introduced on issue 10, I think.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

https://thedisinsider.com/2022/06/23...young-avenger/
    Recently, industry insider Daniel Richtman got his hands on a production grid for the series. Officially, the grid states that the production will take place from January – May 2023. Not only does the grid confirm when casting finally begins, but it teases a mysterious “new-ish” character. The show is look to fill the role of TYLER. He will be one the show’s leads. Although actors between the ages of 17-20 are encouraged to apply, the character is described as a White, American teen with a “formidable and dark sense of humor, incredibly witty, astute, and of the moment.” The character will also be a “fan-boy at times”, presumably of some potential other hero characters who may appear in the series. Most importantly, the character will be portrayed as he/him and gay.

Words cannot express how relieved I am.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Recently, industry insider Daniel Richtman got his hands on a production grid for the series. Officially, the grid states that the production will take place from January – May 2023. Not only does the grid confirm when casting finally begins, but it teases a mysterious “new-ish” character. The show is look to fill the role of TYLER. He will be one the show’s leads. Although actors between the ages of 17-20 are encouraged to apply, the character is described as a White, American teen with a “formidable and dark sense of humor, incredibly witty, astute, and of the moment.” The character will also be a “fan-boy at times”, presumably of some potential other hero characters who may appear in the series. Most importantly, the character will be portrayed as he/him and gay.

I'M CRYING SHAKING THROWING UP

Unless they are yassifying Nicholas Scratch, this really sounds like Billy. Like, the fanboy part??? I really can't think of anyone else even remotely connected to Agatha that could have this description. But let me keep my hopes in check, 'cause it could turn out to be an original character.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'M CRYING SHAKING THROWING UP

Unless they are yassifying Nicholas Scratch, this really sounds like Billy. Like, the fanboy part??? I really can't think of anyone else even remotely connected to Agatha that could have this description. But let me keep my hopes in check, 'cause it could turn out to be an original character.
    It's finally happening! I'm so, SO relieved.

Now I'm just hoping they cast an out and proud gay actor to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post

Oh now that would be an interesting angle. With the Children's Crusade rumors floating around this would be good way to get the ball rolling.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I hope they cast closer to Xochitl age rather than a 20 year old. Also if this is Billy I want him to do a callback to Agatha All Along & be like "Hi Aunt Agnes Long Time no See" before playing his own magic musical montage to kick off his Iconicness. Also "Formidable" dark sense of humor isn't very Billy but I can fucks with a darker Billy.
    Last edited by Journey; 06-24-2022 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hope they cast closer to Xochitl age rather than a 20 year old. Also if this is Billy I want him to do a callback to Agatha All Along & be like "Hi Aunt Agnes Long Time no See" before playing his own magic musical montage to kick off his Iconicness. Also "Formidable" dark sense of humor isn't very Billy but I can fucks with a darker Billy.
    If this casting call is accurate and true, I wonder if they'll be having the actor play BOTH twins.
    I recognize the previous actors don't look alike but these kids ARE magical and dark humor is much more Tommy's vibe but who knows. I really just wanted to join in on the speculation hahaha.
    I'm officially eager for Agatha's show.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why on earth would this Billy know who Agatha is? The other Billy literally never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Why on earth would this Billy know who Agatha is? The other Billy literally never existed.
    Magic, baby.

And I mean, REAL TALK: We know little to nothing about the plot of the show. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They existed I don't think they really died IMO. If they didn't exist they wouldn't be coming back. Their every bit as real as the comic versions IMO his own existence has given Billy a crisis before also if they didn't exist in 616 why the statue of Billy in Wundagore?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If this casting call is accurate and true, I wonder if they'll be having the actor play BOTH twins.
    I recognize the previous actors don't look alike but these kids ARE magical and dark humor is much more Tommy's vibe but who knows. I really just wanted to join in on the speculation hahaha.
    I'm officially eager for Agatha's show.
    Ooh I would kinda hate that at this point I want either real twins or 2 different actors.

Makes me wonder what they'll do with Tommy and where Teddy will make his debut.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It has been brought up in the comics. I don't remember by whom (maybe it was Billy himself), but the fact that they were named Billy and Tommy, looked like twins and had similar powers to the Maximoffs was one of the things that raised some eyebrows and led to the investigation of their origins. I mean, yeah, of course it wasn't a coincidence. Thematically, they were supposed to be the legacies of the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on the team. They even gave Tommy the signature white hair. The intention was very transparent.

Sometimes I forget this was a plot point. I think it would be fun to tie it to Billy's current powers and his prophesized destiny, but yeah, it's more likely they just forgot about it. lol

Yeah, it's easy to forget since he's been gone for so long, but Jonas was actually introduced for the first time right at the end of the first arc, when we see that the armor that Nate left behind ''came to life'' somehow. Later on, right on the first issue of the second arc, we got to understand what that was. Tommy was introduced on issue 10, I think.
    My interpretation is always that OG William was supposed to be like Vision(with some variation of phasing power) with some magical quirks while Thomas will be the full magic user.
    While it's not by the same writer, The Last Avengers Stories AU comic had Thomas as the new sorcerer supreme while William became the Grim Reaper, while it's said both of them inherit Wanda's mystical powers. It's kinda implied Thomas/William were supposed to mirror their mother and father instead of uncle and mother.
    Which is why I am really intrigued by the possibility of AUs where the OG twins survived and grew up to be superheroes as well. Since they are characters who are kinda "reborn", it will be like if Doctor Who meeting their AU counterparts who are at a different stage of life.