Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1396

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume you meant likely there. No way they have two teen teams at the same time in the MCU. It's viable in the comics (New Warriors and Young Avengers co-existed, though neither have had a print series since Champions launched - and DC have run Titans and either Young Justice or Teen Titans at the same time), but not in the MCU, even with Disney+. As such, yeah, it is possible that they use Kamala, Riri and Skaar instead of some of the actual YAs from the comics. I'd rather see Ms. Marvel just get a season 2 of her own show, and the same thing should happen with Ironheart, whose show hasn't started yet (they are both in movies at least). Maybe Skaar will feature in a long awaited Incredible Hulk 2 movie?
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Which is a shame. It's like saying all young heroes/adults are the same. But if it's an adult superhero team I bet the MCU would allow like five different teams. I don't know much about Riri/Ironheart but Kamala has been part of the Avengers team in many adaptations be it TV shows and games. It's possible she could straight up join the regular Avengers team. I doubt it though. I have nothing against the Champions. I'm sure they are a awesome team, and I am a fan of Miles and Kamala. But as a fan of Young Avengers I want my OG team represented in the spotlight. Since no Young Avengers or Champions projects have been announced yet for any phases who knows where they are going with all these young heroes.

I do like Sutekh's idea of exploring Hulkling's powers more. That is another thing that should have been explored with Teddy more.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/MultiverseMurph/...46303483068417

Charles Murphy also thinks the casting calls were for Billy and Teddy, y'all!!!! I'm glad he's officially putting that out there because he's one of the most reliable leakers. Let's beat those Skaar allegations!

The idea that they were going to combine Teddy and Skaar was always a bad one.

Hopefully the CG for Teddy is better than the CG for Skaar. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The idea that they were going to combine Teddy and Skaar was always a bad one.
    Agreed, but there were so many people genuinely believing that, so I'm glad we have a reliable source to counter all that nonsense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully the CG for Teddy is better than the CG for Skaar. Jeez.
    You know, I was thinking about how they'd portray Teddy's powers in the MCU, and besides my bias towards liking Teddy in his human form better, I really think they shouldn't try to make him go green as much as Hulk or She-Hulk. Like, yeah, I'm sure you'd have some moments with him being full Hulkling, specially in most intense fight scenes. But if he's just gonna take a quick flight from one place to another, he could just spread his wings open while still in human form. If he's just gonna punch a bad guy, he could just make a big green fist while the rest of his body stays the same. He could make claws whenever he needs to scratch something, or grow spikes out of his body, while in human form, etc. Also, there could be a focus on him being able to shapeshift into something other than just ''green thick skin''. What about showing him shapeshifting his skin into hard rock, or metal? I think this concept of showing only certain parts of his body changing could be a fun way of showcasing his nature as a shapeshifter, while also highlighting that he is not like Bruce or Jen. AND that would also save them a lot of time and money by not having to render a whole Hulk-like character every time.

And that's not even getting on the Kree-related powerset he could have! There are so many possibilities with Teddy. I really hope they're creative.

Extraordinary Member

My rule with the MCU is that the simplest rumor is always the correct one. This was proved tragically right when we said "come on, there's got to be more to it in context" about the Multiverse of Madness plot rumors and it turned out there was absolutely no context, it was the simplest story imaginable (unfortunately).

I guess what I'm saying is that the gymnastics it would take to make Skaar into their version of Teddy seem more complicated than Feige would usually go for, while the casting call for "Tyler"'s boyfriend seem much simpler.

Hopefully the rule doesn't turn out to actually be "the worst rumor is always the real one" but for now I agree with Murphy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._to_introduce/

The fixed comment on this Reddit thread is one of the mods saying they also believe Billy and Teddy are in the show because they've heard things. It's worth noting that the mods from the MarvelStudiosSpoilers sub can be quite reliable, too. Just one day before the She-Hulk finale aired, they had a FULL, detailed description for the ENTIRE episode, even lines the characters were saying. They definitely have their sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._to_introduce/

The fixed comment on this Reddit thread is one of the mods saying they also believe Billy and Teddy are in the show because they've heard things. It's worth noting that the mods from the MarvelStudiosSpoilers sub can be quite reliable, too. Just one day before the She-Hulk finale aired, they had a FULL, detailed description for the ENTIRE episode, even lines the characters were saying. They definitely have their sources.
    I hope these are all true. I've been a nervous wreck ever since the finale of She-Hulk and need some reassurance right now. Please give me my OG Young Avengers members, MCU! Please, I'm begging you. You owe me for my loyalty to the brand, lol.

In other news, The Young Avengers Omnibus comes out today! Yay I say

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I hope these are all true. I've been a nervous wreck ever since the finale of She-Hulk and need some reassurance right now. Please give me my OG Young Avengers members, MCU! Please, I'm begging you. You owe me for my loyalty to the brand, lol.

In other news, The Young Avengers Omnibus comes out today! Yay I say
    Oh gawdamn -- I have ALL the Young Avenger trades but the absolute lunatic in me IS considering the Omnibus

I just got my Young Avenger Omnibus in the mail today! It's the Amazon cover one! Once I get off work I'm gonna flip through it all. This is my first Marvel Omnibus, and it's so fitting to be the Young Avengers. If my laptop camera was working I'd take a photo of it and post it here. For now I'm just gonna gush over it. If they were to announce a new Young Avengers volume 3, then I would officially declare this "Young Avengers Day" I'm so happy

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

MyTimeToShineHello has now tweeted that "Wiccan and Hulkid are not in Agatha". https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...not_in_agatha/

And now Charles Murphy is covering his ass by saying that he never said that Wiccan and Hulkling are in the show. https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...54169365250048

I'm so fucking over this drama. MTTSH isn't infallible, it's entirely possible that she's wrong about this although her choice of referring to Teddy as "Hulkid" is ambiguous. There's no way she doesn't know that Teddy is called Hulkling. She might just think she's being clever and saying "Wiccan and Hulkid" is not on the show meaning Hulk's kid Skaar, who some heterosexual people were claiming is going to replace Teddy.

The casting calls for gay characters are apparently real and backed up by multiple sources. This is what the mods on the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit are saying a "trusted source" told them. https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._the_fake_and/
    One of the twins is returning in Agatha, and there is a casting for a teenage boy listed with an Athletic build, who has a boyfriend. (Possibly Wiccan and Hulkling)

Some people are speculating that the casting calls are for background characters who aren't going to end up being Billy and Teddy but we've seen the calls, they're spot-on for Billy and Teddy, plus the one for the character who sounds just like Billy is described as a "lead" not just some minor character.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    MyTimeToShineHello has now tweeted that "Wiccan and Hulkid are not in Agatha". https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...not_in_agatha/

And now Charles Murphy is covering his ass by saying that he never said that Wiccan and Hulkling are in the show. https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...54169365250048

I'm so fucking over this drama. MTTSH isn't infallible, it's entirely possible that she's wrong about this although her choice of referring to Teddy as "Hulkid" is ambiguous. There's no way she doesn't know that Teddy is called Hulkling. She might just think she's being clever and saying "Wiccan and Hulkid" is not on the show meaning Hulk's kid Skaar, who some heterosexual people were claiming is going to replace Teddy.

The casting calls for gay characters are apparently real and backed up by multiple sources. This is what the mods on the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit are saying a "trusted source" told them. https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._the_fake_and/
    One of the twins is returning in Agatha, and there is a casting for a teenage boy listed with an Athletic build, who has a boyfriend. (Possibly Wiccan and Hulkling)

Some people are speculating that the casting calls are for background characters who aren't going to end up being Billy and Teddy but we've seen the calls, they're spot-on for Billy and Teddy, plus the one for the character who sounds just like Billy is described as a "lead" not just some minor character.
    It's going to be a long couple months. Hopefully casting announcements come sooner rather than later. I'll take every leak with a major grain of salt, their records are already inconsistent and production can change on a dime. It is fun to see these leakers duke it out though.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah theres conflicting reports from accurate sources.

Extraordinary Member

"Hulkid" is probably just autocorrect or something.

I think MTTSH has no track record as most of what she's said has been similar to (and therefore possibly copied from) other people's leaks. Still, she's usually smart enough not to say something that is obviously wrong, and she probably has some kind of insider track though not as much as she claims.

However, probably anyone who tells you definitively that they are in the show is probably lying, since all they really have to go on is those casting calls.

If the casting calls are who we think, no doubt she'll claim she was vindicated because they don't take the identities of Wiccan or Hulkling in the show, which actually seems like a pretty safe bet.
    Last edited by gurkle; 10-18-2022 at 03:17 PM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    "Hulkid" is probably just autocorrect or something.

I think MTTSH has no track record as most of what she's said has been similar to (and therefore possibly copied from) other people's leaks. Still, she's usually smart enough not to say something that is obviously wrong, and she probably has some kind of insider track though not as much as she claims.

However, probably anyone who tells you definitively that they are in the show is probably lying, since all they really have to go on is those casting calls.

If the casting calls are who we think, no doubt she'll claim she was vindicated because they don't take the identities of Wiccan or Hulkling in the show, which actually seems like a pretty safe bet.
    I agree, especially on your last point. At most if it is Billy, I'm expecting some magic from him obviously, but like, I don't think he'll suit up, plus I *highly* doubt Teddy, if it is him, will be anything more than a very supportive bf in the show. At most, I forsee a late episode/post credit scene reveal of his shape shifting or a show of super strength, but nothing more. Anyway, it's annoying that we had like only a couple of hours of bliss until Ms MTTSH waltzed in and ruined it lol.