Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

First look at MAC's first Funko Pop figure. If you're like me and collect these things, you're almost sure to like it too!

https://vltd.co/products/funko-60920

I see the Pride pin, as well.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/agatha-is...marvel-series/

About time they put this one to print too. May not have been a fan of this story at all but it was annoying they took so long to put it on paper when other Infinity Comics seemed to get rushed there.
    I LOVE the covers, specially the Peach Momoko one! That's one thing I think the Unlimited Comics were missing: good covers. So I'm glad this is getting printed 'cause at least it gave us that. Also, the fact that it's getting printed so soon may be a good sign about the popularity/success of the digital comic? Who knows, maybe this could translate to Billy and Teddy getting some new content soon. Let's hope so.

And I'm still hoping someone will follow up on the Agatha/Billy thing from this comic. There's a lot of potential there, even if the comic itself wasn't all that remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    First look at MAC's first Funko Pop figure. If you're like me and collect these things, you're almost sure to like it too!

https://vltd.co/products/funko-60920

I see the Pride pin, as well.
    I just know they're gonna milk the hell out of that Pride Pin on merch. Gotta get that pink money!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Also, the fact that it's getting printed so soon may be a good sign about the popularity/success of the digital comic? Who knows, maybe this could translate to Billy and Teddy getting some new content soon. Let's hope so.
    I hope so too but supposedly this is just going to be for Pride Month so it could just be them being lazy and not giving us anything 'new' this year...

I hope so too but supposedly this is just going to be for Pride Month so it could just be them being lazy and not giving us anything 'new' this year...
    Oh, I didn't even realize it was for June. Yeah.... it could be just their yearly ''Here's The Gays™'' book, which makes this worse because it's not even new content but just reused one. Although I'm assuming they'll probably have a new Marvel's Voices, but honestly, that's not all that better either, because I get the feeling these one-shots have become quite a tokenized feature. Hardly anything featured in them have translated into more new content for these characters or creators outside of it.

https://twitter.com/MyTimeToShineH/s...31185581674501

Assuming this is true... what do we think? I'd say it's too early for TCC in the MCU right now, but it's the MCU, so I don't expect them to follow things by the book anyway. It's weird thinking that an adaptation of the end of Heinberg's run might be what kickstarts the Young Avengers in the MCU, but I guess it COULD work in an MCU kind of way. Maybe their first big mission is not Kang, but finding Wanda.

Oh, and Tom Brevoort shared this a few days ago, which I thought it was cool:

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...97598623379464

Their international impact!

Assuming this is true... what do we think? I'd say it's too early for TCC in the MCU right now, but it's the MCU, so I don't expect them to follow things by the book anyway. It's weird thinking that an adaptation of the end of Heinberg's run might be what kickstarts the Young Avengers in the MCU, but I guess it COULD work in an MCU kind of way. Maybe their first big mission is not Kang, but finding Wanda.

Oh, and Tom Brevoort shared this a few days ago, which I thought it was cool:

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...97598623379464

Their international impact!
    I've been saying for months Multiverse of Madness was gonna set up Children's Crusade I love it when I win.

Its definitely too early. They haven't even given us every member of the team much less formed it. They need to give us Teddy and some nicely aged up twins then actually form the team before we get them in anything like CC.

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #5 gave us a status update for Stinger. Cassie (who Kate erroneously claims is aged 15, we know she's actually 16) is now doing an internship at Pym Labs. Which probably means she's working alongside Nadia, whose GIRL group is also part of Pym Labs. Kate actually called Cassie a "super fancy scientist", a description that better fits Nadia, so maybe she's been rubbing off on her since they met during the last Unstoppable Wasp series? It would also mean she's now based in New Jersey (which is where Janet Van Dyne and Pym Labs are based) instead of Florida.

Also, Eli has given Cassie and America intel about a sketchy New York research lab. YA sequel hook?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hawkeye Kate Bishop #5 gave us a status update for Stinger. Cassie (who Kate erroneously claims is aged 15, we know she's actually 16) is now doing an internship at Pym Labs. Which probably means she's working alongside Nadia, whose GIRL group is also part of Pym Labs. Kate actually called Cassie a "super fancy scientist", a description that better fits Nadia, so maybe she's been rubbing off on her since they met during the last Unstoppable Wasp series? It would also mean she's now based in New Jersey (which is where Janet Van Dyne and Pym Labs are based) instead of Florida.

Also, Eli has given Cassie and America intel about a sketchy New York research lab. YA sequel hook?
    Is she called Stinger?

Yeah, and she's still using the costume from the last Ant-Man run.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

To anyone who has a soft spot for Young Masters, the antagonists of Young Avengers....

Melter II of Young Masters, appears in Sabretooth mini-series written by Victor LaValle. In the mini-series, spoilers:
    Melter is one of the few unfortunate mutants who was sent to the Pit in Krakoaland (that's what I call the current Krakoa as a nickname) for breaking one of the three laws. Melter was sent to the Pit because he destroyed some of the rocks during his training practice without knowing that the rocks are part of Krakoa the sentient island.
    It’s no wonder most mutants need Danger Room or any professional mentors for training sessions instead of the sentient island where many mutants party out and get drunk.
    end of spoilers
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Yeah, and she's still using the costume from the last Ant-Man run.
    Still not a fan of it .

Its definitely too early. They haven't even given us every member of the team much less formed it. They need to give us Teddy and some nicely aged up twins then actually form the team before we get them in anything like CC.
    My assumption is that, IF this scoop is true, TCC could actually be the thing that forms the team. So they wouldn't really need to establish the team first, because the production would be their origin story. As to why they would do this... my only guess is that they want a redemption arc for Wanda fast, because the comics took way too long to bring her back after AD/HOM, and they don't have that luxury with live-action, as actors age and contracts end. So they probably want to make the most out of Elizabeth Olsen while they can, which means that an event like TCC would be useful to bring her back soon after Multiverse Of Madness while also setting up Young Avengers for more future stories. Two birds with one stone.

I'm ok with Cassie going into science. I think it makes sense for her with Pym Labs, and the Young Avengers notably lack a ''science-y'' type of hero. I just hope they make her more bio/chem oriented than engineering, 'cause I feel like we have too many of those type of scientists already. And NJ makes her one state closer to NY if we ever get that YA reunion, so I guess that's good?

And the Eli shoutout is nice. I hope it leads to something, but I won't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    To anyone who has a soft spot for Young Masters, the antagonists of Young Avengers....

Melter II of Young Masters, appears in Sabretooth mini-series written by Victor LaValle. In the mini-series, spoilers:
    Melter is one of the few unfortunate mutants who was sent to the Pit in Krakoaland (that's what I call the current Krakoa as a nickname) for breaking one of the three laws. Melter was sent to the Pit because he destroyed some of the rocks during his training practice without knowing that the rocks are part of Krakoa the sentient island.
    It’s no wonder most mutants need Danger Room or any professional mentors for training sessions instead of the sentient island where many mutants party out and get drunk.
    end of spoilers
    I'm really behind, because I didn't even know Melter was a mutant. Or I did know and just didn't remember....
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-10-2022 at 02:43 AM.

America's on double duty. Already on the Thunderbolts, now she's going to be a Defender as well!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Really happy to see Ewing write America again! But NGL, kinda wish Billy got her spot since she already had the Thunderbolts. The premise for Beyond would fit well with him, plus the reunion of Loki and Billy + this being about Ewing's cosmic lore would've been a great way to progress him past the phase he's in rn story wise. Could've been a place to inject some more Demiurge stuff in. But oh well, still gonna read!