Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Random ass drunken speculation. A thing happened in the 1st episode of She-Hulk that gave me the insane notion that MCU Hulkling might be the aged-up / matures-fast child of some (shapeshifting?) alien from Sakaar and the Hulk.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Random ass drunken speculation. A thing happened in the 1st episode of She-Hulk that gave me the insane notion that MCU Hulkling might be the aged-up / matures-fast child of some (shapeshifting?) alien from Sakaar and the Hulk.
    This is probably right under Teddy not existing, Teddy being straight, and Teddy being significantly older than Billy on my list of worst fears for the MCU's adaptation of Teddy LMAO. There was recently a debatable leaked screenshot from this account called Moth Culture that supposedly shows spoilers:
    Skaar and Hulk touching hands, and it looked a lot more like Hulkling claws than Skaar's normal Hulk person hands
    end of spoilers and that hasn't helped that fear at all.

Honesty, I'd be irritated as hell if they downgraded Teddy from being a prince of two warring galactic forces and made him into plain old Bruce's son. But, the MCU seems to want to be extra stupid when adapting characters recently so I wouldn't put it passed them to do something that dumb because they thought no one could handle Teddy being called Hulkling without being a Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    This is probably right under Teddy not existing, Teddy being straight, and Teddy being significantly older than Billy on my list of worst fears for the MCU's adaptation of Teddy LMAO. There was recently a debatable leaked screenshot from this account called Moth Culture that supposedly shows spoilers:
    Skaar and Hulk touching hands, and it looked a lot more like Hulkling claws than Skaar's normal Hulk person hands

Honesty, I'd be irritated as hell if they downgraded Teddy from being a prince of two warring galactic forces and made him into plain old Bruce's son. But, the MCU seems to want to be extra stupid when adapting characters recently so I wouldn't put it passed them to do something that dumb because they thought no one could handle Teddy being called Hulkling without being a Hulk.
    Moth Culture always pulls "rumors" out of their ass.

I agree there. I would hate for Teddy to lose his Kree/Skrull connection. I always found that super fascinating about him, and love the twist that he wasn't actually related to the Hulk. But I could see them doing this in the MCU for a number of reasons. Like you said, he'd be called "Hulkling" but not really being a Hulk. Another is if they actually do have Skaar appear it might confuse some of the casuals. And then there is the whole Captain Mar-Vell thing in the MCU. Speaking of which Marvels
    spoilers:
    They changed Kamala's origins and powerset. She's a mutant now
    end of spoilers so likely Kamala will be the Captain Marvel legacy character since they're skipping Mar-Vell almost altogether.

This just enforces my desire for Teddy to stop going by Hulkling by the end of the original Young Avengers run. He wasn't a real Hulk and I wish he embraced his Skrull/Kree identity more after the reveal of his origins.

Edit: Also like the Roxas avatar you have
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 08-18-2022 at 11:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Presumably King Marvel is the best title, they could also nab ‘Mystic Marvel’ for Billy in places of Wiccan?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    But speaking of budget, guess which Queer Marvel Writer took notice of my black and white Young Avengers Paradox Lost homage on twitter, asked to buy it, and is now going to be handing out postcard prints with his autograph at Flamecon!!!!
    Good for you! Get that coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't think this is happening because several insiders and leakers have talked about spoilers:
    Skaar appearing in the show, so if anyone's going to be Bruce's son, it's probably gonna be him. Unless they are planning on turning Skaar into MCU's Hulkling and just erasing the concept of Teddy Altman altogether,
    end of spoilers which is just too awful, so I'm not even going to entertain that as a possibility.

You citing Moth Culture just actually puts my mind at ease, because they are not reliable at all. LOL

I really think spoilers:
    his kid is just going to be Skaar
    end of spoilers based on everything that's been leaked about the show, and I'm gonna keep that mindset until proven otherwise for the sake of my own sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Presumably King Marvel is the best title, they could also nab ‘Mystic Marvel’ for Billy in places of Wiccan?
    I don't think Billy needs the ''Marvel'' on his codename, specially if Teddy already has it. If Billy ever gets a rebrand, I prefer if they go with something more akin to the Scarlet Witch name, so basically color + title.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Moth Culture always pulls "rumors" out of their ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You citing Moth Culture just actually puts my mind at ease, because they are not reliable at all. LOL
    I'm familiar with Moth Cultures less than reliable reputation, but I'm in the Marvel Studio Spoilers discord and one of the mods thought there was a slight possibility that it was real so :'''( hopefully it's just MC being really dedicated to get clicks for a fake scoop lol

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    And then there is the whole Captain Mar-Vell thing in the MCU. Speaking of which Marvels
    spoilers:
    They changed Kamala's origins and powerset. She's a mutant now
    end of spoilers so likely Kamala will be the Captain Marvel legacy character since they're skipping Mar-Vell almost altogether.

This just enforces my desire for Teddy to stop going by Hulkling by the end of the original Young Avengers run. He wasn't a real Hulk and I wish he embraced his Skrull/Kree identity more after the reveal of his origins.

Edit: Also like the Roxas avatar you have
    Yeah, unfortunately Teddy's never really been portrayed as a full Mar-Vell legacy. Sure in origin he counts, but in practice, Kamala and even Noh-Varr are always portrayed as more a part of that family than he is (as seen in that one group shot in the Captain Marvel comic at the end of the evil marvels arc where Teddy showed up and then promptly disappeared by the end). Most of his story perks are Skrull related, which is fine given that we've gotten some interesting Skrull lore thanks to Anthony.

And thank you, Roxas is probably my favorite character besides Billy and Teddy haha.

I'm familiar with Moth Cultures less than reliable reputation, but I'm in the Marvel Studio Spoilers discord and one of the mods thought there was a slight possibility that it was real so :'''( hopefully it's just MC being really dedicated to get clicks for a fake scoop lol

Yeah, unfortunately Teddy's never really been portrayed as a full Mar-Vell legacy. Sure in origin he counts, but in practice, Kamala and even Noh-Varr are always portrayed as more a part of that family than he is (as seen in that one group shot in the Captain Marvel comic at the end of the evil marvels arc where Teddy showed up and then promptly disappeared by the end). Most of his story perks are Skrull related, which is fine given that we've gotten some interesting Skrull lore thanks to Anthony.

And thank you, Roxas is probably my favorite character besides Billy and Teddy haha.
    Poor Teddy. He's not a true Hulk legacy and we have characters like Amadeus Cho who fit the legacy junior Hulk and Skaar who fits his actual son. And with his actual legacy heritage with Mar-Vell it's not as exposed as Kamala and Noh-Varr. Thankfully being the emperor has let Teddy still have something. I did really enjoy the issue in YA Presents when Teddy got to meet Mar-Vell. Anyone remember that time Doc Green visited Hulkling when he wasn't a real Hulk lol.

Also the King Marvel title could have been cool, especially now that he's a emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think Billy needs the ''Marvel'' on his codename, specially if Teddy already has it. If Billy ever gets a rebrand, I prefer if they go with something more akin to the Scarlet Witch name, so basically color + title.
    Crimson Warlock?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Crimson Warlock?
    He said he didnt like Warlock because it meant Oath Breaker or something, I think. Maybe Azure Arcanist?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    He said he didn't like Warlock because it meant Oath Breaker or something, I think. Maybe Azure Arcanist?
    That, or, based on the red cloak; Scarlet Sorcerer or Sanguine Sorcerer (although I prefer Scarlet, for the direct shout-out to spirit-mom).

I always wanted Tommy to be the Scarlet Witch legacy personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Crimson Warlock?
    I was thinking of a shade of blue because of his powers, but I guess I wouldn't mind a red shade if that was highlighted in his costume. The thing is that costumes can change, but powers mostly stay the same; so I think a shade of blue has a better chance of fitting the character regardless of design choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I always wanted Tommy to be the Scarlet Witch legacy personally.
    I wouldn't like that at all just because speedsters barely get any respect in the Marvel Universe. The little legacy we have between Pietro and Tommy is the closest thing we have to a ''Flash Family'' in the Marvel Universe and I would like for them to explore that more instead of just erasing it. The Scarlet Witch legacy is already very special, even more so after James Robinson established that Wanda's mother and grandfather carried the title. Unfortunately, that just made Pietro feel even more left out from his own family, so making Tommy another Scarlet Witch legacy would just be like adding salt to a poor speedster's wound.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-19-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Fantastic Member

I think "Wiccan" is a good name as is, but "Hulkling" should really go away and it is a long overdue; it should have been abandoned during or after the first volume of the Young Avengers. Personally, don't like codenames with "Marvel" in them, they are kind of lazy. I think Captain Marvel worked only for the original one, as it was sort of an adaptation of his alien name Mar-Vell to Earth. For Teddy I think nothing with "Marvel" in name should be used as he never really interacted with any of his parents, so I don't see why Teddy would connect to Mar-Vell on emotional level and use his name as legacy, and, with his status as emperor of Kree/Skrull alliance, he shouldn't lean to any side, so codename should be neutral. Maybe something related to his powers and/or status, like "Hybrid", "Chimera", "Amalgam" or "Scion", or maybe something like "Star Son" since he is now more of a cosmic character than Earth-bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I think "Wiccan" is a good name as is, but "Hulkling" should really go away and it is a long overdue; it should have been abandoned during or after the first volume of the Young Avengers. Personally, don't like codenames with "Marvel" in them, they are kind of lazy. I think Captain Marvel worked only for the original one, as it was sort of an adaptation of his alien name Mar-Vell to Earth. For Teddy I think nothing with "Marvel" in name should be used as he never really interacted with any of his parents, so I don't see why Teddy would connect to Mar-Vell on emotional level and use his name as legacy, and, with his status as emperor of Kree/Skrull alliance, he shouldn't lean to any side, so codename should be neutral. Maybe something related to his powers and/or status, like "Hybrid", "Chimera", "Amalgam" or "Scion", or maybe something like "Star Son" since he is now more of a cosmic character than Earth-bound.
    I don't think his hero codename really matters to his position as emperor, because his official title for royal business seems to be ''Emperor Dorrek VIII'', which, when you think about it, is already one-sided, since it only considers his Skrull family name. Anthony Oliveira established that he can also be canonically called ''Dorrek-Vell'', which I thought was genius, but unfortunately nobody has used that outside of Lords Of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling #1. So I don't think him having ''Marvel'' as a part of his superhero codename is a big deal, because he would probably only use that for the superhero community anyway while most of the Alliance still calls him Emperor Dorrek VIII.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-20-2022 at 10:41 AM.