Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember when Cassie jumped into the Initiative during Civil War and tried to kill Taskmaster for insulting her dad.
    I think it was Eric O Grady who insulted her dad, and then she tried to kill him afterwards. This caused a huge fight between them and Hank Pym. Taskmaster was the one who was forced to stop them, poor Cassie got squished on the bottom when the other two fell on her. It led to her hatred/rivalry of the "jerk-face Ant-Man!" that continued into her Mighty Avengers run. The thought of beating him up put a smile on her face, like so.
    3094376-mightyavengers03512.jpg
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 08-12-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I think it was Eric O Grady who insulted her dad, and then she tried to kill him afterwards. This caused a huge fight between them and Hank Pym. Taskmaster was the one who was forced to stop them, poor Cassie got squished on the bottom when the other two fell on her. It led to her hatred/rivalry of the "jerk-face Ant-Man!" that continued into her Mighty Avengers run. The thought of beating him up put a smile on her face, like so.
    3094376-mightyavengers03512.jpg
    Ah! So it was Eric, yeah.

Can't blame her...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hey YA Fan-Family! If you enjoyed:
    *Drag Brunch with Loki
    *Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling
    *Last Annihilation: Wiccan & Hulkling
    *Young Avengers: Paradox Lost (the recent Marvel Unlimited Exclusive 6 part mini)

Please take a moment to email Marvel your praises: mheroes@marvel.com

@-ing Marvel on twitter / social media is ineffective because those alerts go to the marketing team, which -- is not going to bother alerting the editorial folks with actual sway over what books, stories and ideas get the green light. And definitely not which creatives are sought after.

If emailing isn't your thing, but you want to show support, then definitely send some love to @meakooopa (writer Anthony Oliveira) and @MightyBrundstad (editor Sarah Brundstad) on TWITTER (for those who have accounts) and let them know how much you enjoyed this recent installment. The folks who work so hard to craft these amazing stories for us deserve the serotonin boost and hopefully that will also motivate additional future stories.

For anyone that follows me on twitter (@cpfokken), I'm gonna post a digitally colored (thx to the talented (@Mihai_Rotatri_ ) version of my Paradox Lost inspired Young Avengers splash tribute on Monday and if anyone has a kind word for that, I'd love for Mihai to receive all the praise because they did an incredible job.

Here's hoping we get more YA content soon, somewhere, somehow, until they finally reunite and Demiurge willing, they can address the Krisfoff of it all!
    Sending an e-mail right now! I sent one years ago regarding the Young Avengers, and nothing came out of it. But now that we had an actual Young Avengers book for the first time in years, I really hope they see there is actual interest in the team headlining their own title again.

Maybe they'll go by the "Young Adult Avengers" lol. I don't think having "young" in the title is bad, I mean look at the following of Young Justice. However I could see them going for another name like Champions or the Avengers Academy if they go that route. This will allow Riri and Kamala to join too, since they are Champions.

How interesting that most of the young heroes suiting up are the girls. Eli has appeared but hasn't teased heroics so far. Maybe Captain America 4 will be the answer to that. We still are waiting for older Billy and Tommy. A part of me was shocked they didn't at least get Billy for Multiverse of Madness, since I figured he would fit in with Doctor Stranger's magic world. So I'm wondering where he and Tommy will resurface? The closet on the boys side is Kid Loki.
    I think Billy and Tommy are going to be born after Secret Wars. I predict there is going to be a time skip like in the original 2015 story.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hey YA Fan-Family! If you enjoyed:
    *Drag Brunch with Loki
    *Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling
    *Last Annihilation: Wiccan & Hulkling
    *Young Avengers: Paradox Lost (the recent Marvel Unlimited Exclusive 6 part mini)

Please take a moment to email Marvel your praises: mheroes@marvel.com

@-ing Marvel on twitter / social media is ineffective because those alerts go to the marketing team, which -- is not going to bother alerting the editorial folks with actual sway over what books, stories and ideas get the green light. And definitely not which creatives are sought after.

If emailing isn't your thing, but you want to show support, then definitely send some love to @meakooopa (writer Anthony Oliveira) and @MightyBrundstad (editor Sarah Brundstad) on TWITTER (for those who have accounts) and let them know how much you enjoyed this recent installment. The folks who work so hard to craft these amazing stories for us deserve the serotonin boost and hopefully that will also motivate additional future stories.

For anyone that follows me on twitter (@cpfokken), I'm gonna post a digitally colored (thx to the talented (@Mihai_Rotatri_ ) version of my Paradox Lost inspired Young Avengers splash tribute on Monday and if anyone has a kind word for that, I'd love for Mihai to receive all the praise because they did an incredible job.

Here's hoping we get more YA content soon, somewhere, somehow, until they finally reunite and Demiurge willing, they can address the Krisfoff of it all!
    I was surprised when someone mentioned in the Doom thread that Kristoff is in this. IMO it was long overdue that they recognize that Cassie and Kristoff had a little kiddie romance in the Fantastic Four, where she and her father were first introduced IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was surprised when someone mentioned in the Doom thread that Kristoff is in this. IMO it was long overdue that they recognize that Cassie and Kristoff had a little kiddie romance in the Fantastic Four, where she and her father were first introduced IIRC.
    I want to read their kiddie romance! Which chapters of the Fantastic Four does it appear in?

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I think Billy and Tommy are going to be born after Secret Wars. I predict there is going to be a time skip like in the original 2015 story.
    Secret Wars takes place in 2025. If they are gonna be born only after that, and then you add a time skip to their teenage years, the MCU main timeline would be in the 2040s. That's just way too messy, not to mention it would age the other Young Avengers WAY too much, so what would be the point of Billy and Tommy only making their debut when everyone else is too old to be a Young Avenger? If they wanna do YA in the foreseeable future, their only realistic options are:

a) Bringing back Billy and Tommy Maximoff from WandaVision and aging them up
    b) Bringing older variants from another universe to the main universe
    c) Doing the retro-reincarnation plot from the comics

I want to read their kiddie romance! Which chapters of the Fantastic Four does it appear in?
    Here's a Kristoff reading guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah! So it was Eric, yeah.

Can't blame her...
    They do call him Irredeemable...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Secret Wars takes place in 2025. If they are gonna be born only after that, and then you add a time skip to their teenage years, the MCU main timeline would be in the 2040s. That's just way too messy, not to mention it would age the other Young Avengers WAY too much, so what would be the point of Billy and Tommy only making their debut when everyone else is too old to be a Young Avenger? If they wanna do YA in the foreseeable future, their only realistic options are:

a) Bringing back Billy and Tommy Maximoff from WandaVision and aging them up
    b) Bringing older variants from another universe to the main universe
    c) Doing the retro-reincarnation plot from the comics
    d) The other Young Avengers are in stasis during the time-skip like the heroes in the 2015 Secret Wars.
    e) Iron Lad saves the young Avengers by taking them into the future.

I think those will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    d) The other Young Avengers are in stasis during the time-skip like the heroes in the 2015 Secret Wars.
    e) Iron Lad saves the young Avengers by taking them into the future.

I think those will happen.
    I still think using a time skip this huge to justify older Billy and Tommy is unneeded. The time skip in 2015 Secret Wars was just like 8 months. We're talking about years here. If you're using Secret Wars to introduce Wiccan and Speed, then you don't even need a time skip; you can just say that after Battleworld, the MCU as we knew was rebooted. In this new main MCU timeline, we could have a new Billy and Tommy.

Either way, I don't wanna wait until after Secret Wars to get an MCU adaptation of Young Avengers, 'cause that would possibly mean we'd need to wait until at least 2026 for it, which I find ridiculously long, specially when some the YA actors would be aging out of the roles by then. I wanna believe Young Avengers is one of the unannounced projects for late 2024, and if the rumor about the casting of Agatha: Coven Of Chaos is correct, then older Billy could already be established in late 2023/early 2024.

My main theory for MCU Billy & Tommy is they never actually died which I think is simpler for everyone. We're probably a good 4 years away from any YA project so that way you could either A age them up to like 14 or just use Julian & Jett & keep letting them age into their roles.

Either way if their not in the Agatha show I wouldn't expect to see them any time soon anywhere else.

If they are waiting for the kids to age up it makes me wonder why they introduced the other members so early? MCU Kate and Cassie are young adults, and Eli likely will be too when a YA project starts. America Chavez might be the youngest, but even in four years her actress will be a adult. I do hope they appear in the Agatha show, that is my main interest in watching that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My main theory for MCU Billy & Tommy is they never actually died which I think is simpler for everyone. We're probably a good 4 years away from any YA project so that way you could either A age them up to like 14 or just use Julian & Jett & keep letting them age into their roles.

Either way if their not in the Agatha show I wouldn't expect to see them any time soon anywhere else.
    If they're in Coven Of Chaos then they're definitely being aged up further than 14, because the casting call for the alleged Billy was 17-20. And thank god for that. Last thing I want is to give more fuel to conservatives to pick a bone with Disney if they cast a minor as a gay superhero.

If they are waiting for the kids to age up it makes me wonder why they introduced the other members so early? MCU Kate and Cassie are young adults, and Eli likely will be too when a YA project starts. America Chavez might be the youngest, but even in four years her actress will be a adult. I do hope they appear in the Agatha show, that is my main interest in watching that lol.
    I'm convinced they are only gonna keep Julian and Jett in the roles if they don't plan on doing the Young Avengers at all and their only role in the MCU going forward will be limited to being supporting characters for Wanda's story. I don't see YA ever being done without Wiccan and Hulkling, but I don't see YA being done with the enormous age gap between Julian/Jett and Hailee/Kathryn/Elijah either.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-14-2022 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If they're in Coven Of Chaos then they're definitely being aged up further than 14, because the casting call for the alleged Billy was 17-20. And thank god for that. Last thing I want is to give more fuel to conservatives to pick a bone with Disney if they cast a minor as a gay superhero.

I'm convinced they are only gonna keep Julian and Jett in the roles if they don't plan on doing the Young Avengers at all and their only role in the MCU going forward will be limited to being supporting characters for Wanda's story. I don't see YA ever being done without Wiccan and Hulkling, but I don't see YA being done with the enormous age gap between Julian/Jett and Hailee/Kathryn/Elijah either.
    I'd be quite upset if they didn't do some kind of Young Avengers project. They have most of the members and are doing storylines that lead up to their formation like Wanda's mental breakdown, absent adult Avengers, and Kang's appearance. I really enjoyed Julian/Jett in Wandavision, but I don't want there to be such a big age gap between them and the other YA members. The Young Avengers were not just co-workers they were friends.

I guess one benefit of aging up some of the girls is that Cassie and Kate will be naturally besties instead of America coming in and muddling things up (sorry Kate/America fans). Unless they try to push Yelena as Kate's blonde bestie .