Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    America Chavez was going to be in No Way Home, till covid changed Doctor Stranges schedule to being released after it instead.

I wonder if it would've just been a cameo. Or is this setting up she was secretly on Earth the whole time and infiltrated Peter Parker's social circle?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It looks like she would have been spoilers:
    involved with bringing Maguire and Garfield into the movie
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I know this is kinda old news, but how are we feelin’ about MCU Yelena basically taking America’s spot as Kate’s bff?
    I do like the dynamic between Kate and Yelena in the show, but I think it's too soon to say Yelena will be her BFF. They were fun together... but hardly what I would call friends. More like friendly. Unless Yelena ends up making it to the Young Avengers, it's not even clear how much they'll interact with each other in the future. I find it more likely that Cassie will be her BFF in the MCU, and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    America Chavez was going to be in No Way Home, till covid changed Doctor Stranges schedule to being released after it instead.

Huh.... interesting. Seems like Marvel wanted to really push America if they thought about adding her to Spider-Man right after her debut. I guess this means they have (or had) big plans for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I do like the dynamic between Kate and Yelena in the show, but I think it's too soon to say Yelena will be her BFF. They were fun together... but hardly what I would call friends. More like friendly. Unless Yelena ends up making it to the Young Avengers, it's not even clear how much they'll interact with each other in the future. I find it more likely that Cassie will be her BFF in the MCU, and I'm fine with that.
    I think they're definitely setting them up to have their own Widow/Hawkeye dynamic, but whenever they plan on developing it more is anyone's guess.

One thing I noticed in the America concept art: were they hinting at her being able to do magic (at least in a traditional way, since her powers in the comics were magical in nature anyway, even after the retcon) with the whole floating book thing? 'Cause it kinda looks like it, and it could be a spoiler for Multiverse Of Madness. Maybe Strange will teach her some spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're definitely setting them up to have their own Widow/Hawkeye dynamic, but whenever they plan on developing it more is anyone's guess.
    I mean... I don't know. For them to have the same dynamic Clint and Nat had, they kinda have to be on the same side, which right now it's not the case, seeing as Yelena is literally a hitwoman working for a very shady person. Like I said before, it's more likely Yelena will be a part of whatever anti-hero team Val has going on than Young Avengers. But maybe that's the point: maybe, just like Natasha, Yelena will start on the bad side of things, and then Kate, just like Clint, will pull her to the good side. I guess that could be a good plot for those characters. I think I would be more willing to accept Yelena in the MCU Young Avengers if she starts as an antagonist who eventually ends up redeeming herself and joining the team later on.

Isn't Yelena like 30? It would be so silly to have as part of the "Young Avengers".

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    OI mean... I don't know. For them to have the same dynamic Clint and Nat had, they kinda have to be on the same side, which right now it's not the case, seeing as Yelena is literally a hitwoman working for a very shady person. Like I said before, it's more likely Yelena will be a part of whatever anti-hero team Val has going on than Young Avengers. But maybe that's the point: maybe, just like Natasha, Yelena will start on the bad side of things, and then Kate, just like Clint, will pull her to the good side. I guess that could be a good plot for those characters. I think I would be more willing to accept Yelena in the MCU Young Avengers if she starts as an antagonist who eventually ends up redeeming herself and joining the team later on.
    Obviously not the same dynamic, but building it up into a new interpretation with legacy heroes. I think we need more insight into Yelena's situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Isn't Yelena like 30? It would be so silly to have as part of the "Young Avengers".
    I mean, Kate's 24. On-screen they look about the same age. It probably helps that Yelena was blipped and Florence is only 26 to Hailee's 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wait, you're right. I just did the math based on the events of Black Widow, and she would've been anywhere between 28-30 when she was snapped. With Hawkeye taking place in 2024, just one year after the Blip, she would be between 29-31. She's actually around the same age as Wanda, which would definitely make it weird if Wanda's sons are on the same team as Yelena, LOL. But then you have Florence obviously being younger and being the same age as Hailee, so who knows... I guess they could always retcon Yelena as being younger at some point. Or maybe yeah, she just won't ever be a part of the Young Avengers.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-10-2022 at 12:12 AM.

Pretty cool animated video with a Young Avengers cameo!

Also, potential huge development for MCU Young Avengers: actor Colin Seifert posted a picture of him alongside Hailee Steinfeld, with the caption ''Some very MARVELous things are going to come this year''.... which like, could be anything, right? But then if you look at his saved stories on IG, you will see his latest one is named ''training''... and he put a picture of Speed as the story icon. People took that as him potentially being cast as older Tommy, but doing a little research I found out he's also a stuntman/coordinator, so it's possible he's just the stuntperson for whoever got cast as older Tommy (I find that more likely, because if he was THE actor, I don't think he'd be revealing stuff like that). Either way, this could confirm the twins are indeed growing up soon, and work on something YA-related is bound to happen this year.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-16-2022 at 04:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I had my fair share of problems with Eternals movie but Makkari's depiction makes me hope MCU is more comfortable handling Speedster now.
    He had some power-showcase in WandaVision but I hope MCU gives him something unique as a Speedster, like the explosion power by de-stablizing objects' molecule structure.

I looked at this dude & thought Noh-Var over Tommy.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I have a very strong feeling they won't use the name Young Avengers for whatever the MCU does with them tbh

If they include Kamala and Riri, they could probably get away with calling them the Champions. It would probably annoy the fanbases of both teams and could possibly result in them merging in the comics too though. If the Young Avengers were to get a different name (which in the comics at this point, they probably should), I'd use New Avengers (a team name that in the comics, Wiccan and Hulkling have previously been part of). West Coast Avengers (used by Kate and America in the comics) is a possibility too, but wouldn't make sense if they set it in New York, which is an east coast city.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I looked at this dude & thought Noh-Var over Tommy.
    He definitely looks older than what I would expect Tommy to be, but looking at his IG, it looks like he graduated from high school in 2020, so that means he's gotta be younger than Hailee. Some people think that he's bullshitting for clout, but that's such a weirdly specific thing to do, specially for a small character like Speed that not many people care about. It's like that whole situation with the audition tape with the french actor months ago, who didn't even know about Young Avengers before his video was found online. Why would a smaller actor lie about something like that? It would just harm their own career, I think.

On another note, it's really funny how MCU Tommy stuff keeps leaking if this is true. The audition for the kid in WandaVision, then that other audition that could potentially be for older Tommy, now this....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they include Kamala and Riri, they could probably get away with calling them the Champions. It would probably annoy the fanbases of both teams and could possibly result in them merging in the comics too though. If the Young Avengers were to get a different name (which in the comics at this point, they probably should), I'd use New Avengers (a team name that in the comics, Wiccan and Hulkling have previously been part of). West Coast Avengers (used by Kate and America in the comics) is a possibility too, but wouldn't make sense if they set it in New York, which is an east coast city.
    I think it's possible those 2 would be on the team, although that depends on whether they can fit into the MCU YA storyline. But the Avengers as a name is more popular with the public than Champions so the MCU might not change it.

I'd be fine with those 2 on the team (way more than Yelena Belova) but I don't think they're necessary